PDA

View Full Version : Electric……looks ok

growler2058
4th October 2021, 10:34 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=KGqexebCcUo&feature=share

mudnut
4th October 2021, 12:13 PM
Got bored halfway through, last week, sometime. The idea of instant torque and electrically controlled wheel slips is excellent, though. If they came up with a way to quick charge, it would be almost practical for long trips.

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2021, 12:17 PM
Yeah that is pretty kool.

Gunna Sell The62 for one i reckon...... Nah! I like the Noise!

mudski
4th October 2021, 12:38 PM
These were used on the Long Way Up Series with Ewan McGregor. They had a few issues with them but they got there in the end.

Pete49
4th October 2021, 12:41 PM
yeah ..Nah like my GQ beats carrying a gen set to recharge in the scrub.

MudRunnerTD
4th October 2021, 05:54 PM
yeah ..Nah like my GQ beats carrying a gen set to recharge in the scrub.

Seriously though! If all I had to do was pack a Honda2.0 genset for a recharge for touring and desert Crossings then look out World! Here they come.!!

I watched a fair bit of that vid. In the high country on every down hill decent the wheel rotation creates torque to help slow the car AND Adds Recharge!! So you have more battery at the bottom of every down hill!!!

mudnut
4th October 2021, 06:28 PM
So, goodbye any chance of a proper night's sleep at any camping ground in the future.

TimE
4th October 2021, 07:18 PM
So a genset to is needed to power up your vehicle, so carry lots of petrol to keep the gen running. I have a better idea, run a diesel engined truck!

I refuse to even consider an electric vehicle for the wilderness until they invent a 500km extension cord that can power my rapid charger :1087:

rusty_nail
4th October 2021, 07:36 PM
Seriously though! If all I had to do was pack a Honda2.0 genset for a recharge for touring and desert Crossings then look out World! Here they come.!!

I watched a fair bit of that vid. In the high country on every down hill decent the wheel rotation creates torque to help slow the car AND Adds Recharge!! So you have more battery at the bottom of every down hill!!!

i did see somewhere a comment that a tesla driver deliberately drove his car into no mans land to see how he could get out of it without combustion. apparently he got his mate to tow him for 6 miles, and it generated about 60 miles of range on the car which was enough to get him home. thats pretty impressive. with your comment re downhill charging that would definitely be game changing in the high country, it would just suck out on the oodnadatta or simpson etc

growler2058
4th October 2021, 07:38 PM
0-100 in 3 sec. Could get ya self in a bit of trouble with that ay

mudnut
4th October 2021, 07:56 PM
Get towed up Big Red and roll down it 200 times.

growler2058
5th October 2021, 06:25 AM
So a genset to is needed to power up your vehicle, so carry lots of petrol to keep the gen running. I have a better idea, run a diesel engined truck!

I refuse to even consider an electric vehicle for the wilderness until they invent a 500km extension cord that can power my rapid charger :1087:

Does 360 mil on a charge so 570km won’t be needing that cord

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2021, 07:39 PM
If you and your mate both had one and touring, when you are down to a 1/4 charge the tow one another for 20 kms to recharge and keep going.

Winnie
5th October 2021, 07:41 PM
If you and your mate both had one and touring, when you are down to a 1/4 charge the tow one another for 20 kms to recharge and keep going.Darren has just solved perpetual motion.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Plasnart
5th October 2021, 09:06 PM
Darren has just solved perpetual motion.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

#MudrunnerTD Greens MP

#Reality means nothing.

:D

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2021, 09:15 PM
#MudrunnerTD Greens MP

#Reality means nothing.

:D

That's got a Ring to It!!!

Plasnart
5th October 2021, 09:49 PM
That's got a Ring to It!!!

At first there were electric cars. Pfft....the early days.

Wind powered Greens MP cars now giving Sarah Hanson Young a firm one!

pollenface
5th October 2021, 10:09 PM
it does actually look okay

MudRunnerTD
6th October 2021, 12:31 AM
At first there were electric cars. Pfft....the early days.

Wind powered Greens MP cars now giving Sarah Hanson Young a firm one!

But think of the pigeons!!

BillsGU
6th October 2021, 08:58 AM
i did see somewhere a comment that a tesla driver deliberately drove his car into no mans land to see how he could get out of it without combustion. apparently he got his mate to tow him for 6 miles, and it generated about 60 miles of range on the car which was enough to get him home.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but that statement defies the laws of physics. The genius that did this has just invented perpetual motion!

Read Winnies post after I posted this statement. Great minds must think alike!!