PDA

View Full Version : Body lifting a gu series II 03 wagon

aaron 78
31st July 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi All
Has any one done a body lift to a gu series II 03 wagon and is their many mods thats need to be done ??

YNOT
31st July 2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know of anyone who has done a body lift on a GU wagon, suspension lifts are easier.

Tony

MudRunnerTD
31st July 2011, 01:14 PM
Hmmm? why do you want to do that mate? The 2" body lift is very popular on a GQ because Nissan did not see the inevitable massive increase in tyre size and a 35" tyre struggles to fit in to the wheel arch on full flex and a body lift will help guys running a 2" lift get the rubber in there.

On a GU Nissan made the wheel arches much much bigger and the need for a body lift is far less. You will struggle to find many that have done a body lift to a GU, even the comp guys are not doing it.... well not many anyways ;)

As Tony said, putting in a proper lift with springs and stuff is a winner.

There are plenty of folks driving GQs today with Body lifts that given the chance again would have opted for a suspension lift instead. I am one of them, but my rock sliders are to suit a 2" body lift as is my custom rear bar so it is just not an option for me to remove it.

Cant see the need Aaron, sorry mate.

Hope that helps steer you in the right direction.

Cheers MR

YNOT
31st July 2011, 01:30 PM
There are plenty of folks driving GQs today with Body lifts that given the chance again would have opted for a suspension lift instead. I am one of them, but my rock sliders are to suit a 2" body lift as is my custom rear bar so it is just not an option for me to remove it.

Cant see the need Aaron, sorry mate.

Hope that helps steer you in the right direction.

Cheers MR

I'm one of those people as well, though I don't still own the car.
I body lifted my first GQ and while I didn't have any problems with it it's not something I would ever do again. Since that first Patrol I've owned 4 more 4WD's (all Nissans) and have suspension lifted all of them, a much better option.

Tony

aaron 78
31st July 2011, 02:52 PM
looking at the price of a 4'' and got a price for a 2'' lift but was thing 2'' body lift maybe cheaper way. thanks guys may stick to a 2'' lift only atm

timbar
31st July 2011, 02:56 PM
looking at the price of a 4'' and got a price for a 2'' lift but was thing 2'' body lift maybe cheaper way. thanks guys may stick to a 2'' lift only atm

i think your money would be better spent with a 2" suspension lift as you will have no gain from a body lift but the choice is yours mate