PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 glow plugs or relays ?

NUGGET
30th July 2011, 07:09 PM
Hi people thanks for looking,
Ok here`s the problem, put ignition to glow stage, I can hear the relay click, the glow dash light goes out then within 5 seconds i can hear the relay click again then the dash light comes on again. Only happens on cold starts once the motor has warmed up the glow light goes out and stays off. Ive found the two relays under the plate next to the battery one small one large being a basic bloke on the spanners has anybody got any ideas, ive already put it in to an auto elect he spent half an hour and gave me a blank look. I dont think he looked under the side plate as the screws were covered in grime and dust and there was no sign of movement on the screws.

Any help would be great, Rob.

Finly Owner
31st July 2011, 11:39 AM
If I understand this correctly, I think your glow plugs are heating and loosing the heat on the cold start, and you'll need to to reheat them. But I' may be totally off track trying to decifer your actual question.

Tim

NUGGET
31st July 2011, 01:59 PM
Hi, thanks for looking, I can try & pre heat the glowplugs several times dosent seem to make any change, once the key is in the on position wait for a few seconds the glow light goes out, a few seconds after i can hear a click and the light comes back on. Hope im sort of explaining in the correct manner, thanks again for any help, Rob.

YNOT
31st July 2011, 03:40 PM
I know you've said you're a basic bloke on the spanners but what are you like with a multimeter? Have you checked to see if there is 12 volts getting to the glow plugs?
From what you've written so far about the glow light coming back on it sounds like a fault in the glow timer module.

Tony