PDA

View Full Version : service pricing?

macca86
30th July 2011, 07:49 AM
If I were to take the patrol to the mechanic and get a service done what would you expect to pay for grease undercarriage, clean maff, replace engine oil, air, oil and fuel filters, inspect diff's, transfer case and gearbox oils replace rear brake pads and suss out where my oil leak is coming from ( turns out the o ring in the injectors is the oil leak)
Then what price am I looking at for the injector seals to be replaced?
Thanks for any help guys

Maxhead
30th July 2011, 08:21 AM
If I were to take the patrol to the mechanic and get a service done what would you expect to pay for grease undercarriage, clean maff, replace engine oil, air, oil and fuel filters, inspect diff's, transfer case and gearbox oils replace rear brake pads and suss out where my oil leak is coming from ( turns out the o ring in the injectors is the oil leak)
Thanks for any help guys

Not sure on the cost but I bet Nissan would charge the most. I would ring around all reputable mechanics to get the best price.

Bigrig
30th July 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for any help guys

Around $300 for sure for the first bit (oil is obviously where you can make the biggest saving doing it yourself) especially if only checking transfer, gearbox and diff oils and not actually changing them - the rear brake pads is the hardest bit if that lot ...

Not sure on the injector seals though mate ...

And yep, Nissan would undoubtedly be the most expensive ... give Derek a call at Autoart in Capalaba and let him know you're a mate of mine and he'd do you a good price ...

Cheers

macca86
31st July 2011, 09:45 AM
Around $300 for sure for the first bit (oil is obviously where you can make the biggest saving doing it yourself) especially if only checking transfer, gearbox and diff oils and not actually changing them - the rear brake pads is the hardest bit if that lot ...

Not sure on the injector seals though mate ...

And yep, Nissan would undoubtedly be the most expensive ... give Derek a call at Autoart in Capalaba and let him know you're a mate of mine and he'd do you a good price ...

Cheers
I tried him once took my wish list in a couple of weeks ago and he never called back. I got all my work done by an old school mate who owns a race and performance shop for 400 and injector leak will be another 400 which seems reasonable considering he is a quality mechanic (does cars for V8 supercars and 24hr races) Might give his place a plug for all the southsiders and logan guys

Kelvinator
12th August 2011, 12:19 AM
i used to charge around 300 for the full service mate. But thats when i was charging out at 75 an hour, everyone charges differently in each town depending on demand.