PDA

View Full Version : Shawshank vs The Godfather

the godfather
27th July 2011, 12:39 AM
OK, As disputed in the Night shift, whats better, Shawshank or The Godfather?

nowoolies
27th July 2011, 12:42 AM
OK, As disputed in the Night shift, whats better, Shawshank or The Godfather?

godfather by far

the godfather
27th July 2011, 12:43 AM
Ah you gotta click the poll above Mr Nowoolies

patch697
27th July 2011, 12:47 AM
Its neck & neck....................lol

nowoolies
27th July 2011, 12:47 AM
Ah you gotta click the poll above Mr Nowoolies

ooooppppsssss ....done lol

nowoolies
27th July 2011, 12:49 AM
Its neck & neck....................lol

no way it is .......................oooppppsssss :hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

patch697
27th July 2011, 12:50 AM
no way it is .......................oooppppsssss :hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

Clunk ya traitor...................... You voted for the Godfather???????????

Clunk
27th July 2011, 12:52 AM
Clunk ya traitor...................... You voted for the Godfather???????????

I so did not, I was sure I clicked on shawshank

the godfather
27th July 2011, 12:53 AM
Pretty sure only Nowoolies and I voted Godfather so far.

the godfather
27th July 2011, 12:56 AM
Really, where in America did the lock blacks and whites in the same prison in 1949????? And why is there only one black person? If the put them together there would be more than that.

EDIT: (Hope that doesn't sound racist. Isn't meant to be)

Clunk
27th July 2011, 01:01 AM
Really, where in America did the lock blacks and whites in the same prison in 1949????? And why is there only one black person? If the put them together there would be more than that.

EDIT: (Hope that doesn't sound racist. Isn't meant to be)

oooooooh you racist buggah!!!!!!.................... ahahahahahahaha

would they not have been in the same prison in the Northern states??? but not really sure

patch697
27th July 2011, 01:02 AM
I so did not, I was sure I clicked on shawshank

I take that back.................Bel hadn't voted but she has now cos where in front..................LMFAO

Clunk
27th July 2011, 01:04 AM
I take that back.................Bel hadn't voted but she has now cos where in front..................LMFAO
and so you should mate!!!!...... hahahahaha

Bob
27th July 2011, 08:44 AM
I am so showing my Age here but I have not the slightest idea what you guys are on about on this Thread. What,Who are Shawshank and The Godfather ????????

AB
27th July 2011, 08:53 AM
I am so showing my Age here but I have not the slightest idea what you guys are on about on this Thread. What,Who are Shawshank and The Godfather ????????

Bobby bobby bobby...lol

Shawshank = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/

Godfather = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

Bob
27th July 2011, 08:56 AM
Bobby bobby bobby...lol

Shawshank = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/

Godfather = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

Can I vote for none of them RAFLMAO

the evil twin
27th July 2011, 12:26 PM
Best Movie overall... Godfather by a street.

Best performance by an Actor from either movie... Morgan Freeman, again by a street. The man was awesome in Shawshank with very animated facial expressions and body language when the likes of Brando can be so deadpan relying on delivery of the lines to "act" out the part.
The scene in Andy's Cell when they discover the tunnel he only say's a couple of words buut the whole scene is carried by his expressions and reaction to the Warden going apeshyte

Most unbelievable plot... Shawshank by a street. Pretty much hardly any of it is feasible but it is a great movie

Most likely Movies to be never made... Shawshank Part 11 and Shawshank Part 111 ... ROFL

the godfather
27th July 2011, 03:02 PM

Well, you are either real young or really really old. Both areworth watching and both should be watched.

katwoman
27th July 2011, 03:41 PM
I can't do poll on tappacrappa, so I'll say the SAW movies !!!!! Pml

patch697
27th July 2011, 03:55 PM
I can't do poll on tappacrappa, so I'll say the SAW movies !!!!! Pml

A bloob & guts girl.......... I would have thought that Stephen King would have been right up your ally?????........... Although Shawshank in hardly that.....

Bob
27th July 2011, 04:05 PM
Well, you are either real young or really really old. Both areworth watching and both should be watched.

Try really Old. Oldest on Forum

Bigrig
27th July 2011, 07:23 PM

Shawshank is for you Bob .... it's a great story ... Godfather is a great movie, but Shawshank is more of an emotional ride ... IMHO

MC97GQ
27th July 2011, 07:41 PM
Shawshank by far,

But throw another couple of Stephen King's in the mix, The Green Mile or The Stand(Has the best bad guy in a movie ever)

Mark

the godfather
27th July 2011, 08:37 PM

The Godfather came out in 1972, so it's pretty old too. Actually, the must have started producing it about the same time my folks started producing me.....lol

Bigrig
27th July 2011, 09:15 PM
The Godfather came out in 1972, so it's pretty old too. Actually, the must have started producing it about the same time my folks started producing me.....lol

Hahaha ... Now there's a thought ... Appears I was a product of "The Godfather" also!!! lmao

Woof
27th July 2011, 09:26 PM
Shawshank Redemption by a mile (not the Green Mile either, it was cr&p...hate Tom Hanks)

Bigrig
27th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Shawshank Redemption by a mile (not the Green Mile either, it was cr&p...hate Tom Hanks)

What? Are you trying to tell me that he wasn't brilliant in that really forgettable, time wasting, boring movie about a bloke stranded on an island with a soccer ball as a best friend??!!! lmfao ... yep, he's not one of my favourites either!!

But I didn't mind the Green Mile ... only because of 'Brutal' and that cowboy prisoner who was just p1ss funny!!! lol

Woof
27th July 2011, 09:58 PM
What? Are you trying to tell me that he wasn't brilliant in that really forgettable, time wasting, boring movie about a bloke stranded on an island with a soccer ball as a best friend??!!! lmfao ... yep, he's not one of my favourites either!!

But I didn't mind the Green Mile ... only because of 'Brutal' and that cowboy prisoner who was just p1ss funny!!! lol

The STAR was the mouse by a Green Mile....lololololol
As for the Castaway movie (I think that is what it was called), Wilson the soccer ball stole the show, he had such a straight face, nothing could upset him...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

growler2058
27th July 2011, 10:06 PM

Ahhhh but............saving private Ryan surely is a Tom Hanks exception

frenzy
27th July 2011, 10:19 PM
Shawshank. It is in my all time top 10. Tappa won't let me vote properly.

katwoman
28th July 2011, 08:19 AM
A bloob & guts girl.......... I would have thought that Stephen King would have been right up your ally?????........... Although Shawshank in hardly that.....

You're right Stephen King is one of the best writers around. Prefer his books tho. Not movie makeovers !
( and, yes, I can read)

Woof
28th July 2011, 09:28 PM
You're right Stephen King is one of the best writers around. Prefer his books tho. Not movie makeovers !
( and, yes, I can read)

The Stand and The Tommyknockers were brilliant books, but the best by far was the Dark Tower series, absolutely the best that he even did, even though it took years to get to the final one.

growler2058
28th July 2011, 09:43 PM
The Stand and The Tommyknockers were brilliant books, but the best by far was the Dark Tower series, absolutely the best that he even did, even though it took years to get to the final one.

My fave would be Christine

katwoman
28th July 2011, 11:31 PM

Pet cemetery and Christine and Carrie and .............

Clunk
28th July 2011, 11:44 PM
Pet cemetery and Christine and Carrie and .............

oh and how can you possibly forget the Langoliers!!!!?????? Very easliy!!!!!! hahahahaha.................. why oh why can't filmakers translate his fantastic stories into great films all the time!!!!????

out of all of them I would have to say my all time favourite would have to be The Shining......... can't beat it

patch697
28th July 2011, 11:46 PM
( and, yes, I can read)

Me too mate...... Im reading After sunset at the mo .............. Love he's work.

patch697
28th July 2011, 11:49 PM

The Stand is a brilliant book & the movie is a great watch also.

Clunk
28th July 2011, 11:50 PM
Me too mate...... Im reading After sunset at the mo .............. Love he's work.

must admit, havent read any of his books for quite a while............ been reading a bit of Dean Koontz, James Herbert and for something little different Jeffrey Deaver

nowoolies
29th July 2011, 10:17 AM
( and, yes, I can read)

when did you learn that new trick hahahahahahahaha

nowoolies
29th July 2011, 10:19 AM
this tread has been ....................:hijacked:hahahahahahaha

the godfather
29th July 2011, 04:29 PM
That'scool so lonmg as they vote for THE GODFATHER...!
I cant believe Shawshank is winning. My missus is now saying "I told you it is better"..... Best I take some ear plugs home eh!

Bob
29th July 2011, 04:35 PM
That'scool so lonmg as they vote for THE GODFATHER...!
I cant believe Shawshank is winning. My missus is now saying "I told you it is better"..... Best I take some ear plugs home eh!

i JUST VOTED FOR THE GODFATHER EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NOT SEEN IT. SEEING ITS OLD I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE ONE TO VOTE FOR raflmao