PDA

View Full Version : '09 Brake Bleeding

Mcflurry
20th September 2021, 12:45 PM
Hey all,

Was planning on doing my brake fluid this afternoon however unsure whether there is a load adjustment valve or something else of this sort on a 2009 GU? Couldn't see anything that looked likely, but wanted to double check.

Cheers

BillsGU
20th September 2021, 03:00 PM
Yep - it's above the rear diff and most people (and mechanics) make the mistake of not bleeding it. It tends to collect moisture and gunk when not bled and then fail causing all sorts of brake issues. There are a number of threads here about the LPV.

mudski
20th September 2021, 03:00 PM
you will have a bias valve in the rear. tucked up high above the diff centre.

Mcflurry
20th September 2021, 03:19 PM
Thanks gents, does the bias valve get bled first and just the same as any other nipple?

mudski
20th September 2021, 07:52 PM
Thanks gents, does the bias valve get bled first and just the same as any other nipple?

Do the rear wheels first then bias valve, then the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcflurry
20th September 2021, 08:19 PM
Do the rear wheels first then bias valve, then the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLegend thanks mate

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jff45
21st September 2021, 07:10 AM
I think the manual says do the LSV first (I believe later GUs don't have one) then left rear, right rear then front. Disconnect battery if you have ABS.
The LSV, if it's there, is the furthest point from the master cylinder.

mudski
21st September 2021, 08:36 AM
I think the manual says do the LSV first (I believe later GUs don't have one) then left rear, right rear then front. Disconnect battery if you have ABS.
The LSV, if it's there, is the furthest point from the master cylinder.

Yes you are right John. Valve first. The left and right rear. and I did not know the later models didn't have them. thats strange...

jff45
21st September 2021, 09:27 AM
I think the later GUs had the ABS/VDC so the load sensing valve became unnecessary.

BillsGU
21st September 2021, 10:12 AM
Mine has ABS and also the valve. The bleed nipple on the valve is not easy to get to if you don't have a hoist - but not impossible. When you bleed it look at the colour of the fluid that comes out. Usually if the valve has never been bled (a common issue) the fuid will be a dark colour.