PDA

View Full Version : Patrol 260 thrust bearing.

simpsnissan
31st August 2021, 08:36 PM
As many of you will know, the Patrol 260 was very popular here in Iberia (Spain Portugal) and many are still used for public services including the police and municipal services. I have owned mine ('89 model) for approx 15 years now and over that time have made a gradual restoration of much of the mechanical systems. Not long after I aquired the car and having little experience I took it to my local garage for a clutch change. It was a costly job and after the repair I suspected something wasn't right because there was a strange weazing noise when opening the clutch and changing gear. 8 years later but less han 15000 km the thrust bearing has packed up and I can only assume that the clot who changed my clutch didn't replace this while he had the chance. I now have my own pit where I service everything from the Panda to the Kubota. Yesterday we separated the engine from the gearbox and now I am preparing to investigate the parts needed and repair. I'd be really grateful for any insight into the thrust bearing and any works you'd recommend while we'e got the thing apart. Simon

mudnut
31st August 2021, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. Many years ago I had similar trouble with a couple after-market, brand new thrust bearings in a Ford fail within hours of being installed, so the mechanic might not be the culprit. Try and buy a good name brand or original Nissan replacement.