PDA

View Full Version : Morning all

Parra
26th July 2011, 07:44 AM
Hey guys

Im Andrew from Logan/Brisbane (which I see is home to quite a few of you guys!)

Well, finally picked up my 95 GQ TD42 last night from the Sunshine Coast - hell of a drive from work -> coast -> home again :driving2:

but definitely worth the drive!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/parra3/102_0328.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/parra3/102_0327.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/parra3/102_0326.jpg

sorry, would have got more pics, but froze my ass off just getting these this morning!!

Now to learn how to 4x4 :SNruQWn369624407:

Bigrig
26th July 2011, 07:59 AM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and forum laughs, so do not be shy and join to make the most of it.

If you're up for it mate, we've got a trip to Scenic Rim coming up in august (check the trips and treks section for QLD for the details), and would be great if you have time to come out, even for a day trip, and catch up!!

Enjoy!

AB
26th July 2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, love the white GQ's!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
26th July 2011, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Looking at those pics you are just around the corner more or less. Tidy looking truck mate

patch697
26th July 2011, 09:35 AM
Welcome aboard mate & congrats on your new Rig.

All the help you could ever hope to find here & our QLD members really know there stuff when it comes to 4x4ing. There always organizing trip meets & you couldn't ask for a friendlier bunch, so if your wanting to learn about off roading? then get yourself involved cos thats the perfect place to start.

Andrew its a good idea when posting pics of your Rig to block out your number plate. This is a public forum & although our members here wouldn't dream of doing anything nasty, others might.
If you need any help in doing this? all you need do is ask & someone here will help.

Feel free to join in & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Bob
26th July 2011, 09:38 AM
Welcome Mate. Another Whitey. Love the Whities Join in and enjoy

growler2058
26th July 2011, 02:27 PM
Ah shes a white beauty mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of great info and advice

Parra
26th July 2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah, thanks for the welcome guys! way to make a bloke feel at home - now where do i find a beer :1062:

i had a look at that scenic rim trip (while i was stealthily prowling the forums for thoughts and feelings on GQ's). Im going to have to have a good look at plans etc to work around uni, but ill let you know asap.

will have some action shots up Monday

fixer982
26th July 2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the forum, mate. Enjoy your time with us. Nice rig you have just bought.

nowoolies
26th July 2011, 03:36 PM
G'day Parra
Welcome on board mate
Heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
Nowoolies
Paul
P:s piccies we love piccies

Dark 1
26th July 2011, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Woof
26th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew, enjoy mate..............very nice GQ you have there, we love GQ's here..

YNOT
26th July 2011, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew, looks like another frosty night tonight.

Tony

Maxhead
26th July 2011, 08:52 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
26th July 2011, 08:56 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Andrew, if you are looking for a great 4WD club check out Queensland Nissan Patrol Club. I'll bump the thread a bit later. Nice GQ BTW. Where in Logan R U?

Tim

Parra
26th July 2011, 10:07 PM
fwarrr tough to keep up with all the posts!

yeah, i think im not too far from Dhuck - im in the Woodlands estate (Bethania/Edens Landing area ish)

I have to admit - i still havent found an opportunity to put it in L4 yet :( never mind - got a big trip this weekend - and YES there will be piccies :P

The inlaws own a property out west near Stanthorpe - right on the edge of Maryland National Park. To get into the property is a ~40km track (for lack of better term) with 11 creek crossings. Thus the reason i needed a 'real' 4wd. I had a subaru forester up until yesterday that used to try to make the trip, but at any sign of rain, dew or humid day made the trip impossible because most of it is black soil. Oh, and i may or may not have flooded the poor old subbie goign through one of the creeks :S haha.

anyway, lots of fun to be had there, and ill be sure to post some shots - btw: love the energy here on the forum!

YNOT
26th July 2011, 10:26 PM
My workshop is just around the corner from you in Loganlea, I'll have to drop in sometime for a beer.
Yep, we can be a lively bunch sometimes, good luck keeping up with the "nightshift" thread, that one moves super fast late at night.

Tony

PS, have you ever noticed that Subaru spelt backwards is 'U R A BUS'!

Parra
26th July 2011, 10:27 PM
just thought id add a piccie for you all

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/parra3/IMGP1957.jpg

this was a while ago, before all the rain - the roads and creeks have now all washed away and even the patrol ute you see in the photo (father in laws) has issues getting in and out. going up this weekend to do some work on them, particularly the driveway up to the house.

greatest place - no neighbours for about 2km and just really quiet! love it. hopefully now i can get there a little more often!

YNOT
26th July 2011, 10:29 PM
I can see why you would like the place. I bet the fireplace gets a work out this time of year.

Tony

Bigrig
26th July 2011, 10:30 PM
just thought id add a piccie for you all

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/parra3/IMGP1957.jpg

this was a while ago, before all the rain - the roads and creeks have now all washed away and even the patrol ute you see in the photo (father in laws) has issues getting in and out. going up this weekend to do some work on them, particularly the driveway up to the house.

greatest place - no neighbours for about 2km and just really quiet! love it. hopefully now i can get there a little more often!

Looks very much like a place to kick back, have a coldie and just chill out!!

Finly Owner
26th July 2011, 10:31 PM
fwarrr tough to keep up with all the posts!

yeah, i think im not too far from Dhuck - im in the Woodlands estate (Bethania/Edens Landing area ish)

I have to admit - i still havent found an opportunity to put it in L4 yet :( never mind - got a big trip this weekend - and YES there will be piccies :P

The inlaws own a property out west near Stanthorpe - right on the edge of Maryland National Park. To get into the property is a ~40km track (for lack of better term) with 11 creek crossings. Thus the reason i needed a 'real' 4wd. I had a subaru forester up until yesterday that used to try to make the trip, but at any sign of rain, dew or humid day made the trip impossible because most of it is black soil. Oh, and i may or may not have flooded the poor old subbie goign through one of the creeks :S haha.

anyway, lots of fun to be had there, and ill be sure to post some shots - btw: love the energy here on the forum!I pas right by you nearly every time I go to my mates, bros, sisters all in Beenleigh. I should call in for a brew of some type myself. If Woodlands can handle the high Class of FINLY and me! LOL

Tim

Finly Owner
26th July 2011, 10:33 PM
Looks very much like a place to kick back, have a coldie and just chill out!!
Looks like a great place to host a SE Qld forum members weekend! ROFLMAO!

Tim

Clunk
27th July 2011, 01:15 AM
g'day Parra and welcome aboard mate

Sretch
27th July 2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome aboard that is a really tidy truck. Well done!

Regards

Paul

timbar
28th July 2011, 10:10 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim