PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell or fix

GarethB
6th August 2021, 12:43 PM
I have a 2010 gu 6 diesel. Over yr ago going up hill in a 60 zone Uber pulled out flipped it on the side . TheARB bull bate cage competed a nice dent.
At the time I was changing Insuranace as my son just got green P licence and wanted to change to club 4x4 as soon as his new p came through so let insurance lapse.

This is the tricky issue I have major smash repair are I auto based and charge a fortune although I have found 2 small independent repairers.

Pror to accident it had 177k on clock but had just spent 4 k on new turbo and 1 k on general maintenance under bonnet . I also bought 4 brand new BFGoodrich T/A KO2 at same time as new turbo.

Am I better trying to rebuild or sell it off part bye part
Would only ever buy a patrol again . Just wondering what is best practical solution invest in repair which has oblivious high cost or sell parts take the cash get same ur patrol or a newer model.
Cheers Gareth

GarethB
6th August 2021, 01:03 PM
I loved my patrol wether fixed or stripped to go towards a newer model I will pick a patrol over any other car . Due to COVID trying to fiancé repair is tough but have never sold a car part by part which gets better money . If anybody knows any independent body repaires in Brisbane Gold Coast Sunshine Coast region let me know

NissanGQ4.2
6th August 2021, 04:25 PM
GarethB why have you reported this post 2 admin / moderators? Do you want it deleted?

pollenface
6th August 2021, 05:15 PM
If you love it, fix it.

It's not up to everyone else to decide if it's worth it or not. That is up to you.

mudnut
6th August 2021, 07:15 PM
Pics of the damage would help. Is the chassis bent?

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2021, 08:03 PM
If its just a bull bar then swap out for another. Plenty around second hand.

Cremulator
6th August 2021, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's more your heart that's broken? [emoji2369]

04OFF
6th August 2021, 08:54 PM
I guarantee it will cost more than you can imagine to repair, whatever you think, times it by about 3, (without labour), its a 100% crap position to be in, and ive been in it myself, once you start, you can not go back, no matter how deep and dark it gets, your there in that hole till the end, my advise is to save yourself the stress and heartache , along with financial hardship, just cut your losses and move on best you can.:(