PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my first Patrol

omaca
5th August 2021, 12:40 PM
Hi all,

New member here (obviously!).

I just put a deposit down on my first Patrol. It's going to be a bit of a wait, but soon enough I'll be the (hopefully!) happy owner of a new 2022 TIL model.

I'm upgrading from a 2010 Toyota Prado Kakadu, so it should be quite an improvement. Not going to lie, the Prado has been a great vehicle for me, but the family has grown and we've just bought a caravan too, so we needed a little more cabin space for older kids and better towing capacity. I would have been happy with the TI, but the missus liked the luxury inclusions in the TIL!

I'm a little disappointed that the current models still have older style infotainment, but that's a pretty minor quibble to be honest. As long as I can stream my Podcasts from my phone (for the long journeys), then I'll be fine. I use my iPhone for GPS anyway.

Am thinking of a second deep-cycle battery, but I believe there's no space in the engine compartment for a second battery (unlike the Toyota!), so it will be interesting to see whether this is an easy upgrade. Will be adding tow-bar and bull-bars after delivery (avoiding the LCT surcharge!) before we go on any major road-trips.

So yeah... kinda excited even taking into consideration I have to wait until January! Hence my early post and introduction here!

pollenface
5th August 2021, 12:48 PM
Congrats on your purchase!

Speaking of Aux batteries, someone on here had a Baintech lithium placed somewhere discretely in the boot.

AB
5th August 2021, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new beast!

Dhuck
5th August 2021, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

omaca
5th August 2021, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the welcome folks!