PDA

View Full Version : New Member Raritee with 1997 GU TI model air con problem

Raritee
26th July 2021, 03:01 PM
Hi fellow members my real name is Steve I purchased my 1997 GU 4.5 petrol TI 5 years ago .It is in good condition and when I purchased it had 182000kms on the clock. It runs on LPG and petrol and had the conversion from new .The patrol was a one owner car.My main reason for buying the patrol was to be able to crew for hot air balloonists in my area. So basically chase after hot air Balloons to be able to retrieve them in whatever terrain they land in . The TI has been great for the job and the added bonus of it running on LPG greatfull balloonist fill up my LPG tank for me when they refill there Balloon tanks . It has never let me down in any terrain or situation.

The only problem I am having is getting hold of a workshop manual and parts manual specifically for the TI model. The electrical and air conditioning systems are completely different from the ST models .My TIs air conditioning system is electronically climate controlled and has worked perfectly up until now. I now have the problem that the Air con to the front of the vehicle will not turn on and is permanently stuck on the heating cycle. I have taken it to my local very experienced Auto electrician/air conditioning man who has checked the system out. He said the GU TI was one of the first cars to have a climate controlled system and there is not much info around as far as fault finding is concerned .He has connected the ecu up to a modern reader but says the software in the early GU TI will not talk to the reader to give him a fault code. Apparently this model had a a self checking system accessed by pressing the OFF button for over 3 seconds he did this and with some effort got the front air con to work in its manual setting but as soon as it was switched to auto or the ignition was turned off the system reverted back to heating.He has told me to manuals fault find the electronics would mean pulling the dash out and checking each valve /actuator that switches from heat to cooling. This could involve unknown hours of labour and a very BIG bill. The air con to the rear of the vehicle is working fine so that tells me that the problem is probably just a valve/actuator not getting the correct signal .I cannot find anywhere a circuit drawing of the electrics or the air con system specifically for the early TI's .

I would be very grateful if any other members could help me out with this problem.

Cheers Steve

Dhuck
26th July 2021, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
26th July 2021, 09:58 PM
G’day mate welcome aboard

jff45
27th July 2021, 09:02 AM
Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you a copy of the HA.PDF which covers the heating & A/C for the TB45E.
This is a shot of 1 page of the PDF.

Raritee
27th July 2021, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=jff45;823189]Send me a PM with your email and I’ll send you a copy of the HA.PDF which covers the heating & A/C for the TB45E.
This is a shot of 1 page of the PDF.

Cheers for the reply someone has already sent me the complete Nissan workshop manual section on the 97 GU TI