PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rock full

chester
24th July 2011, 10:06 PM
Went for a drive today with the family and ended up at Blue Rock dam,was amazed to see it 100% full and flowing down the spillway,was a great sight to see.My boys have never seen a dam overflowing as the oldest is 10,they only remember empty ones LOL.Anyway it got me thinking if this dam is full and Elidon is 90 to 95% full how come the Thompson dam is still less then half full?

Finly Owner
24th July 2011, 10:41 PM
PIcs? you know we love em!

Tim

AB
24th July 2011, 10:43 PM
Piccies Chester, where art though photos...lol

katwoman
24th July 2011, 10:51 PM
I haven't been there for years ! Yet, it's half hour away. Any fishing ?

nowoolies
25th July 2011, 12:41 AM
Went for a drive today with the family and ended up at Blue Rock dam,was amazed to see it 100% full and flowing down the spillway,was a great sight to see.My boys have never seen a dam overflowing as the oldest is 10,they only remember empty ones LOL.Anyway it got me thinking if this dam is full and Elidon is 90 to 95% full how come the Thompson dam is still less then half full?

Chester .......piccies we luv piccies

where are the piccies

patch697
25th July 2011, 09:03 AM
If you got any Vid Chester That would be better mate as I hail from east GL back in the day & I'd love to see it again but would struggle to get back there to see it in person.

Sir Roofy
25th July 2011, 09:58 AM
I haven't been there for years ! Yet, it's half hour away. Any fishing ?

trout &redfin carp but need to get out from the shore for a good one

Sir Roofy
25th July 2011, 10:00 AM

its sent to melb via pipe lines

chester
25th July 2011, 08:50 PM
its sent to melb via pipe linesSorry roofy i should have worded it a different way,i know they pipe it to melb,but they are also letting water go for "envriomental reasons" which is fair enough.But anyone who has been to Coopers crk and done the river crossing in the last few years would know how much water has been let go due the way the crossing has been changed.I have been told they are letting more go than they should to justify the Desel plant,which thinking about it was about the time they started letting more water then usual.
As for the photo's :oops: IM SORRY.Tell you what since i like the forum so much i will drive back up on the weekend and take some pic's just for you guys (plus it gets me out of the house).

Sir Roofy
27th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Sorry roofy i should have worded it a different way,i know they pipe it to melb,but they are also letting water go for "envriomental reasons" which is fair enough.But anyone who has been to Coopers crk and done the river crossing in the last few years would know how much water has been let go due the way the crossing has been changed.I have been told they are letting more go than they should to justify the Desel plant,which thinking about it was about the time they started letting more water then usual.
As for the photo's :oops: IM SORRY.Tell you what since i like the forum so much i will drive back up on the weekend and take some pic's just for you guys (plus it gets me out of the house).

well now chester your probably wright,when you think about it
when the desel starts up they have to send the water somewhere aye,the thompson is the only dam that is big enough
to take the volume of water that will eventualy be pumped into it

i cant recall if it was ever said as to where the water was to be stored,all we,ve heard is how much it will cost
how much they pay and its nearly finished
now its open for debate

chester
31st July 2011, 01:58 AM
As promised, man you guys do luv pic's LOL

nowoolies
31st July 2011, 02:10 AM
As promised, man you guys do luv pic's LOL

bout time mate ...but .............is that all hahahahaha more piccies required