PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm

Woof
24th July 2011, 09:04 PM
Well since I decided to move down here and not take the off shore job I was offered, I handed it to my eldest son and he starts next month.

Wait for it:

$1,100 per day after tax plus penalties, included is a $300 maximum daily allowance for food (crayfish, prawns, fillet steak etc).
At the end of the contract included is a redundancy package of 20% until the next contract.

Thinking... Thinking..http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

katwoman
24th July 2011, 09:07 PM
Ouch !! You kicking yourself ??
At least he'll look after you in your old age !!

NissanGQ4.2
24th July 2011, 09:07 PM
Well since I decided to move down here and not take the off shore job I was offered, I handed it to my eldest son and he starts next month.

Wait for it:

$1,100 per day after tax plus penalties, included is a $300 maximum daily allowance for food (crayfish, prawns, fillet steak etc).
At the end of the contract included is a redundancy package of 20% until the next contract.

Thinking... Thinking..http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

wish i could find a job that payed like that, your son will be retiring before u mate on that sorta money!

Dark 1
24th July 2011, 09:18 PM
Hey Doggy.........Aren't I your son........please.........lol

AB
24th July 2011, 09:20 PM
DADDY!!!!

My long lost doggy daddy...lol

Who on earth pays $300 a day for allowance...lol.

snicko
24th July 2011, 09:29 PM
Your a good daddy doggy. Thats what we do for our kids.

Woof
24th July 2011, 09:34 PM
I have already put my order in for a new Holden Thunder SS ute...............................yeah right as if that's going to happen...lol

Just tried calling the bloke who offered me the job and left a message..............maybe next year before I get too old...lol

katwoman
24th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Go for it, Doggy. They say money isn't everything, but it sure makes the ride more comfy !!
Is it in the west ?

Woof
24th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Go for it, Doggy. They say money isn't everything, but it sure makes the ride more comfy !!
Is it in the west ?

Yes Kat, only 280kms off the northwest coast

katwoman
24th July 2011, 09:52 PM
Yes Kat, only 280kms off the northwest coast

Haha. Hope you can swim good !!

Woof
24th July 2011, 09:55 PM
Haha. Hope you can swim good !!

Too old to swim, just grab hold of the nearest esky and hope it is full of beer....haha

katwoman
24th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Too old to swim, just grab hold of the nearest esky and hope it is full of beer....haha

That's gotta be a bonus !! We're not allowed alcohol. :(

Silver
24th July 2011, 10:10 PM
Nice work - ok, nice pay!

Finly Owner
24th July 2011, 10:32 PM
Holy Crap!

Tim

Warnie
25th July 2011, 08:11 AM
That is an unbelievable amount of money to hand up, I hope your son is appreciative of what you gave him

patch697
25th July 2011, 08:35 AM
I take my hate off to ya Doggy, Thats a lot of dosh to pass up in anyone's language..... & it just goes to show the younger ones, we never stop being parents no matter how old thay get.

macca86
25th July 2011, 09:09 PM
what line of work? I gotta get a new trade then! boilermaking isn't cutting it

Woof
25th July 2011, 09:38 PM
Oh mate that's a lot of cash! What sort of work pays a grand and $300 expenses every day??

Hey Plassy, it is off shore on a gas pipe line laying ship, 3 weeks on, 12 hour shifts, no days off and rotating between day and night shifts, then 3 weeks off without pay.
The job is a T/A for the pipe line welders.
They had heaps of applicants but it is not what you know, it's who you know.
A part of the training consists of being lowered into the water upside down and strapped into a mock helicopter and having to get yourself out.

Finly Owner
25th July 2011, 10:11 PM
Hey Plassy, it is off shore on a gas pipe line laying ship, 3 weeks on, 12 hour shifts, no days off and rotating between day and night shifts, then 3 weeks off without pay.
The job is a T/A for the pipe line welders.
They had heaps of applicants but it is not what you know, it's who you know.
A part of the training consists of being lowered into the water upside down and strapped into a mock helicopter and having to get yourself out.I'd drown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim