PDA

View Full Version : I haven't told the missus how much $ yet...

pollenface
25th June 2021, 05:28 PM
Bit the bullet and booked my patrol in for an intake clean, 3" exhaust and ecu remap with egr delete and manual boost control.

The beast is currently sporting a standard exhaust and a "ChipIt" performance chip, which is how it came to me 2nd hand. This setup makes me nervous while knowing all well about the high EGT's these vehicles produce from the factory.

My main interest is reliability and longevity. I look forward to sharing my results :)

MudRunnerTD
25th June 2021, 06:06 PM
50 Bucks i tell ya 50 bux!!!

Everything... i mean Everthing! is 50bux

MB
25th June 2021, 06:20 PM
……….including haircuts:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/06/119.jpg

An easily explained power upgrade needed PF Mate, windows down increased hair drying potential whilst enroute to your next favourite camping/swimming hole spot together [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollenface
19th July 2021, 10:53 PM
Well here's the verdict.

It sounds beautiful under power (like a D10 dozer) and the auto held 3rd and 4th a lot more during the drive home. I'm happy, but I'll give it a proper test drive tomorrow :)

rusty_nail
19th July 2021, 11:35 PM
Well here's the verdict.

It sounds beautiful under power (like a D10 dozer) and the auto held 3rd and 4th a lot more during the drive home. I'm happy, but I'll give it a proper test drive tomorrow :)

84057Those torque figures though mate that's great

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mudski
21st July 2021, 07:39 PM
Yeah gotta be happy with that. So how much did you the the boss it cost? ;)

pollenface
26th July 2021, 01:16 AM
Just shy of 4k ... not sure if that's good or bad

Lionel84
26th July 2021, 06:35 PM
Just shy of 4k ... not sure if that's good or bad

Cheaper than the cost of a second hand donk getting put in once one goes pop. I suppose the exhaust and labour are the most expensive items.

Reasonable price for increased performance, reliability, peace of mind and saving your engine.

Gotta do mine too at some stage :oops: