PDA

View Full Version : Rocker cover seal change and fuel common rail line removal

madchef
11th May 2021, 12:16 AM
Hi All, I’m changing my rocker cover seal on my 2007 CRD Patrol, also changing glow plug seals, my question is when I disconnect the fuel line from the injectors do I have to release pressure ? Also when placing back on do I have to bleed the line by pumping the fuel up and out ?? Or what would you recommend ? Anything else that I may have missed ? Easy job ? I’m pretty handy with engines just not CRD .

Cheers

Dave

Dhuck
11th May 2021, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately the injector seal is moulded into the rocker cover and can't be replaced. It is a whole new rocker cover. I have been down that path, but at 5-600 dollars, I thought was a bit rich. I had an injector seal leak around the rocker cover and used some good quality black sealant to fix and has not leaked since. Don't ask me how to do it. I don't work on my own car any more due to lack of wanting to. I just pay people these days.

madchef
11th May 2021, 10:03 PM
Yes I looked at the injection seal in the rocker and was told no lol, just doing the rocker cover and glow plugs seals then hopefully no more leaks cheers