PDA

View Full Version : Hi All. Want to make a super reliable 09 ZD30 Patrol.

Tothetip09
11th April 2021, 01:21 PM
Hi,
I have frequently read the forum here when needing some advice on repairs. So I figure I will join.

I have an X- Forestries GU Ute that has the ARB build plate for mods. I have sorted most everything out that was obvious- like the driver door lock, lights/indicators, horn, reverse switch and lights, 4wd selector seized. But want to know what will make this machine purrr and perform in the bush.

The tip of Australia is the objective!

pollenface
12th April 2021, 12:43 AM
Welcome :)

Intake clean. ECM retune with software level EGR delete. Good quality catch can (eg provent/flashlube). Fully welded intercooler.

What's the drivers door lock fix? I can't lock my patrol without turning the key in the door or pressing the central locking button while sitting in the drivers seat.

growler2058
12th April 2021, 09:44 AM
G'day mate, welcome aboard

threedogs
12th April 2021, 10:48 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy
pollenface on some GU models the drivers door is impossible to open
must be a thread somewhere on this topic

Tothetip09
12th April 2021, 11:29 AM
Welcome :)

Intake clean. ECM retune with software level EGR delete. Good quality catch can (eg provent/flashlube). Fully welded intercooler.

What's the drivers door lock fix? I can't lock my patrol without turning the key in the door or pressing the central locking button while sitting in the drivers seat.

Great, I have chipped it, had to do that after I blocked off the EGR. Bought the catch can but have not installed. Run Diesel Doctor Flashlube in it (makes a huge difference) The driver's door couldn't lock- they wanted big bucks for a new set up so I stripped it and modified it, works a charm now. Intercooler looks like something I will have to look at.

Dhuck
12th April 2021, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.