PDA

View Full Version : Air Con Leaking water to inside of vehicle

bobin51
10th April 2021, 06:40 PM
Bobin 51 here
We a travelling and the Air Con is leaking water to the passenger side of the vehicle. Anyone had this problem or has anyone got a suggestion why this may be happening? 2004 Gu Patrol

Thanks in advance for replies

Rossco
10th April 2021, 07:01 PM
Hey mate, usually the little drain hose has come off the bottom of the box or it is blocked and filling up and leaking. Check hose at bottom of heater box under the glove box will be a little right angle hose that goes through firewall. Check its connected if not plug back in if it is pull it off and poke a stick up the hole to unblock just watch a heap of water could come out lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bobin51
10th April 2021, 08:47 PM
Hey mate, usually the little drain hose has come off the bottom of the box or it is blocked and filling up and leaking. Check hose at bottom of heater box under the glove box will be a little right angle hose that goes through firewall. Check its connected if not plug back in if it is pull it off and poke a stick up the hole to unblock just watch a heap of water could come out lol. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks Rossco

We have just arrived in Mackay and will try that fix tomorrow Hope that it is just a blockage .

mudski
10th April 2021, 08:51 PM
It will be a blockage more than likely as old mate mate said. Either that or the drain hose has come off.

Truckus
11th April 2021, 01:01 PM
Or you could plumb it to a water tank....you making water there, ...guessing Mackay is very humid right now!

Stropp
11th April 2021, 01:16 PM
My brother bought my old patrol and the exhaust flange came loose and the exhaust dropped and melted that tube shut and filled the car with water