PDA

View Full Version : Nissan TD42Ti wont start

mojo53
8th March 2021, 07:24 PM
Hi Guys

My wife drove down to the shops to pick up groceries in and out 5 mins, only to find out the car wont start, there is just under quarter of a tank of fuel so i don't think that is the problem unless there is water or shit in the fuel, but there was no warning or spluttering of any kind, it drove down to the shops ok where she turned it off and when she returned it failed to start.
So i had to go and pick her up and my Nissan is still sitting there and i am going back to check what i can and take a jerry can with me just in case, but if it's not the fuel i was thinking maybe the immobilizer playing is up as it happened very sudden but how do you check that ?
Anyone have any idea's what else could be the problem.

Back soon.

rusty_nail
8th March 2021, 07:44 PM
Hi Guys

My wife drove down to the shops to pick up groceries in and out 5 mins, only to find out the car wont start, there is just under quarter of a tank of fuel so i don't think that is the problem unless there is water or shit in the fuel, but there was no warning or spluttering of any kind, it drove down to the shops ok where she turned it off and when she returned it failed to start.
So i had to go and pick her up and my Nissan is still sitting there and i am going back to check what i can and take a jerry can with me just in case, but if it's not the fuel i was thinking maybe the immobilizer playing is up as it happened very sudden but how do you check that ?

Back soon.

possible fuel filter mate? is it cranking but not firing? need a little more info sorry.

MB
8th March 2021, 07:49 PM
G’day Mojo Mate!
If it will crank over (starter motor powered up) check your diesel priming plunger for hard pressure.
It is located under the bonnet on the drivers side closest to the windscreen area.
Should look like a flat black nob sitting on top above the diesel fuel filter.
Use both hands pressing down on it as if you were performing CPR and it should be rock solid to show you have diesel ready and n the lines to feed the pump.
Start with that and we can all guide you to next steps hopefully although a TD42T ‘i’ has extra electrical stuff to the pump I’m unsure of it’s workings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
8th March 2021, 08:14 PM
NATS fail for sure mate.

Read This

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24666-NATS-Immobilizer-light-staying-on

MudRunnerTD
8th March 2021, 10:23 PM
Hi Guys

Back soon.

Hey mate, just read your sig line, you say yoy have UFI. Just turbo or turbo AND pump? If it is And Pump then the NATS has been removed. If yoy are running the OEM 11mm pump then I bet my Left Nut your NATS has failed. Read the above thread mate. There are a couple of other threads about on the forum too.

Tip12345
9th March 2021, 07:57 AM
so witch models GU TD42 have Nats ?
don't think my 2005 has it ?

Hodge
9th March 2021, 08:43 AM
don't think my 2005 has it ?It should ... Do you have the little red light on top of the dashboard?
My 2005 td42ti has it.
It will be the sensor at the pump in sure if it.

Follow Mudrunners link.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2021, 07:54 PM
don't think my 2005 has it ?

100% you have NATS. (Nissan Anti Theft System) no chance you don't have it. Mine is a 2005.

MB
9th March 2021, 08:20 PM
Someone needs to kindly create a thread on how to remove that NATS crap then [emoji23]
None of my TD42 or TD42T donks had that electrical caper and glad as what a debacle it would be out in the middle of nowhere [emoji2959]
Aftermarket theft systems too on any truck, highly not recommended if going off grid IMHO.
Once had to battery hotwire a mates 6.5NA simple diesel injection pump too due to his aftermarket theft junk useless contraption added deep in the mountains [emoji51]

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2021, 09:31 PM
NATS fail for sure mate.

Read This

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24666-NATS-Immobilizer-light-staying-on

MB this is basically a walk through. Crude but lays it out.

I cant confirm but assume thr NATS was added when the GU went to the TD42Ti.

MB
9th March 2021, 09:35 PM
Cheers Dazman, lazy me haven’t read yet, does it lay out how to remove IT [emoji23]?

MudRunnerTD
9th March 2021, 11:24 PM
Cheers Dazman, lazy me haven’t read yet, does it lay out how to remove IT [emoji23]?

Yeah. A wood chisel! Big Balls and Faith. !!!!

nissannewby
10th March 2021, 05:50 AM
MB this is basically a walk through. Crude but lays it out.

I cant confirm but assume thr NATS was added when the GU went to the TD42Ti.

Earlier models had it as well. I dont really know the specifics but it was on the "higher" spec models so things like an st wagon with a td42t. I know some of the ones in that thread you posted are 2002.

Tip12345
10th March 2021, 09:21 AM
100% you have NATS. (Nissan Anti Theft System) no chance you don't have it. Mine is a 2005.

well mine does not have NATS . TD42TI. its a Tray back .
so glad It does not have much in the way of electronic crap .

MudRunnerTD
10th March 2021, 04:55 PM
well mine does not have NATS . TD42TI. its a Tray back .
so glad It does not have much in the way of electronic crap .

That surprises me if you have a Ti pump then I'm surprised there is not NATS bolted to it. Although being a tray back Nissan held back the model in the ute. That may explain it. Do you have a DX tray back?

nissannewby
10th March 2021, 05:10 PM
That surprises me if you have a Ti pump then I'm surprised there is not NATS bolted to it. Although being a tray back Nissan held back the model in the ute. That may explain it. Do you have a DX tray back?

I dont believe the utes had it. My old st td42ti never had it. I have only ever seen them on wagons.

MudRunnerTD
10th March 2021, 05:59 PM
I dont believe the utes had it. My old st td42ti never had it. I have only ever seen them on wagons.

Cause......... Nissan!!

mojo53
11th March 2021, 08:27 PM
Hi MudRunnerTD

Nah mate nothing was mentioned about the pump so i just got the Turbo upgrade and i guess the original pump comes with the NATS bullshit, so upgrading the pump gets rid of NATS is that right? I just changed the fuel filter again just to make sure as there was a bit of crap in it, then went looking for the red flashing light on the dash that is covered up with a dash matt and sure enough it stays on when driving around my block, so it looks like it will be parked up until i figure out what to do, and thanks to all for the suggestions i tried them first it was cheaper than NATS.

0-TJ-0
11th March 2021, 09:25 PM
Hi MudRunnerTD

Nah mate nothing was mentioned about the pump so i just got the Turbo upgrade and i guess the original pump comes with the NATS bullshit, so upgrading the pump gets rid of NATS is that right? I just changed the fuel filter again just to make sure as there was a bit of crap in it, then went looking for the red flashing light on the dash that is covered up with a dash matt and sure enough it stays on when driving around my block, so it looks like it will be parked up until i figure out what to do, and thanks to all for the suggestions i tried them first it was cheaper than NATS.

Have a look at his link he posted mate, you don't need a new pump to get rid of the nats shit. MudRunnerTD knocked his off with a chisel.. Little black unit on the back of the fuel pump held on by 2 security screws.