PDA

View Full Version : Wanted twin rear wheel carrier

Stropp
25th February 2021, 07:52 PM
I’ve noticed the old door crack on the rear large door so I need a rear wheel carrier for gu3 if anyone has one or knows of one in Victoria preferably but I can arrange pickup from anywhere really. Cheers

MB
25th February 2021, 08:03 PM
‘Millweld’ (Mansfield-Vic) rear GU bars look as sexy as I reckon Stropp Mate! Was going to buy one years ago for the family wagon but scored a heavier touring ‘Kaymar’ (Lilydale-Vic) one off a Patrolapart wreck that just towed in for parting out. Mill’s ones do have a slightly better departure angle design too IMHO as he lives and breathes our Vic- HC very well known [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
25th February 2021, 08:49 PM
I’ve noticed the old door crack on the rear large door so I need a rear wheel carrier for gu3 if anyone has one or knows of one in Victoria preferably but I can arrange pickup from anywhere really. CheersI have a rear bar on my patrol mate, it doesn't have dual wheel carriers rather a Jerry holder and spare wheel but you can take it for say $250 if you like. It's not doing anything for me sitting on the back of my broken patrol and I'm happy to help a brother out

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
25th February 2021, 08:54 PM
Fyi it was less than 12 months old when the car broke down

mudski
25th February 2021, 09:29 PM
‘Millweld’ (Mansfield-Vic) rear GU bars look as sexy as I reckon Stropp Mate! Was going to buy one years ago for the family wagon but scored a heavier touring ‘Kaymar’ (Lilydale-Vic) one off a Patrolapart wreck that just towed in for parting out. Mill’s ones do have a slightly better departure angle design too IMHO as he lives and breathes our Vic- HC very well known [emoji106][emoji106]

Yep, I have Milweld rear bar and its made exceptionally well.

MB
25th February 2021, 10:35 PM
Truth be known, I never knew Millweld existed years ago even though he was manufacturing only some 100kms away from home on the edge of the Victorian High Country.
Joined this Awesome Forum and whilst working over in WA thankfully got to meet & greet for the first time the likes of Legends:
Doggy (Woof)
Clunkstar
AVO
STROPP
& Plenty More [emoji106][emoji106] Kimbo’s 6.5Ti Chev GU was our kind working carefree chauffeur throughout the WA powerlines adventure was where I first questioned where did dat awesome rear angled choppie line did come from, next door to mountain home was advised [emoji23][emoji41][emoji106][emoji106]

Stropp
26th February 2021, 03:03 PM
I have a rear bar on my patrol mate, it doesn't have dual wheel carriers rather a Jerry holder and spare wheel but you can take it for say $250 if you like. It's not doing anything for me sitting on the back of my broken patrol and I'm happy to help a brother out

Much appreciated mate, pm me your address and see what I can arrange to pick it up and a pic if possible and brand so I can organise another wheel carrier bar.Cheers

threedogs
27th February 2021, 10:02 AM
I recently purchased a Rasslar rear bar with the auto open option for the big door
to date cant fault it Id recommend them to anyone wanting a quality rear bar

Winnie
27th February 2021, 01:31 PM
I recently purchased a Rasslar rear bar with the auto open option for the big door
to date cant fault it Id recommend them to anyone wanting a quality rear barHow recent? They have discontinued the auto open a while ago.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
27th February 2021, 01:36 PM
I have a rear bar on my patrol mate, it doesn't have dual wheel carriers rather a Jerry holder and spare wheel but you can take it for say $250 if you like. It's not doing anything for me sitting on the back of my broken patrol and I'm happy to help a brother out

How much for your 4inch lift? Coils and shocks

rusty_nail
27th February 2021, 06:55 PM
How much for your 4inch lift? Coils and shocksFor you mate free, I'm now thinking eventually I'll buy a cheap GQ, and throw all the running gear on it. Get it on club reg and just drive it very infrequently. I don't even need a TD can get a cheap enough tb. Easy to work on and maintain and will do most of what the TDs do just without the touring capacity.

threedogs
1st March 2021, 10:09 AM
How recent? They have discontinued the auto open a while ago.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

About march last year, any reason it was discontinued??

Stropp
16th April 2021, 02:16 PM
So with the car sold complete I was getting the rear wheel carrier off I’m on the hunt again for a second hand one. Boy the prices of new are through the roof 🤷*♂️ Any leads would be appreciated thanks.