PDA

View Full Version : Pic Fails.

mudnut
25th February 2021, 02:35 PM
Here's your chance to post those wonderfully disastrous picture fails.

My first offering: A photo bomb instigated by a territorial wattlebird.

Caboosewa
25th February 2021, 02:38 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/02/165.jpg
Went to film me dragging out a non rolling 1943 tractor with no neutral or brakes with my tilt tray went back to check footage and this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckus
25th February 2021, 03:51 PM
Hmm...Fraser coast always got something to offer...especially for Mercedes SUV drivers

Too many of those bloody big pies from Eurong Bakery and Cafe maybe:thumbup:

mudnut
25th February 2021, 04:15 PM
One way of flushing your hard earned cash.

MB
25th February 2021, 04:36 PM
Out of honest interest as I live nowhere near legal beach recreational driving.
What does happen these days if you were to unfortunately swamp and loose your vehicle in the ocean like this?
Is there any salvage fees besides insurance recovery I’m guessing and or possibly extra environmental fines thrown at you like the ship disasters on a mega scale?

rusty_nail
25th February 2021, 05:24 PM
What does happen these days if you were to unfortunately swamp and loose your vehicle in the ocean like this?
Is there any salvage fees besides insurance recovery I’m guessing and or possibly extra environmental fines thrown at you like the ship disasters on a mega scale?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI don't know the fine print but as far I know it's the same rules apply as if you wreck your car in the high country for example. It's gazetted/designated so you have every right to be there

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Caboosewa
25th February 2021, 05:26 PM

I believe and I could be wrong but insurance will only pay if the vehicle can be recovered and if it’s an illegal place then your screwed

Caboosewa
25th February 2021, 05:32 PM
When it comes to beach you need to be efficient in recovery if your going near the waters edge this was me on Xmas day http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/02/176.jpg

Cuppa
25th February 2021, 06:58 PM
Caboosewa what is that exhausty looking thing on the front of your canopy?

Caboosewa
25th February 2021, 06:59 PM
Caboosewa what is that exhausty looking thing on the front of your canopy?

Filter for the canopy pressurising system

PeeBee
25th February 2021, 07:20 PM
I don't know the fine print but as far I know it's the same rules apply as if you wreck your car in the high country for example. It's gazetted/designated so you have every right to be there

I believe there are very few areas in Vic you can legally get onto the beach now - 90 mile beach has tightened up and there used to be a smallish beach down the Otways you could get onto in the late '80's if you were fishing. If its gazetted as legal access, you should be covered, if not, reckon it could be a hard discussion with the insurance company.

NissanGQ4.2
25th February 2021, 07:23 PM
I don't know the fine print but as far I know it's the same rules apply as if you wreck your car in the high country for example. It's gazetted/designated so you have every right to be there

I think Nic would be on the money here, if its a designated area for beach driving you will be covered, if its not then you have no hope with insurance.

When I tipped my GQ on its side many moons ago, although it was an area starting 2 get shut down, gates put up everywhere 2 stop access etc it was still classified as a gazetted road at the time and insurance repaired the damage, thankfully

MB
25th February 2021, 07:27 PM
Cheers Legends [emoji106][emoji106]
What happens to the Mercedes wreck though and all its sumpy pumpkin oils?
Not trying to sound like a Vegan Cyclist but do they just become another Maheno wreck touristy attraction?

rusty_nail
25th February 2021, 07:46 PM
Cheers Legends [emoji106][emoji106]
What happens to the Mercedes wreck though and all its sumpy pumpkin oils?
Not trying to sound like a Vegan Cyclist but do they just become another Maheno wreck touristy attraction?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPretty sure it is recovered(most likely at the parks cost) most beaches in NSW in my experience closer to Sydney Metro have an entry fee, similar to a national parks day pass, this will cover unforseen things such as the vehicle needing to be recovered. Again don't quote me but I'm pretty certain

Hodge
26th February 2021, 02:25 PM
I believe there are very few areas in Vic you can legally get onto the beach now - 90 mile beach has tightened up and there used to be a smallish beach down the Otways you could get onto in the late '80's if you were fishing. If its gazetted as legal access, you should be covered, if not, reckon it could be a hard discussion with the insurance company.There is a small section you drive along the beach down at Sandy point before entering Wilson's prom.
Drive along the beach is less than 1km and it is only there for you to get to and from a boat launching channel.. Seen a few people get caught out there a few times. Heavy boats . Standard tyre pressures ..

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Truckus
26th February 2021, 02:33 PM
When it comes to beach you need to be efficient in recovery if your going near the waters edge this was me on Xmas day http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/02/176.jpg

Holy sheHat Cabs...that GU looks suspiciously like this one on Morton Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515cXhHULGY&list=PL5tnudifMxio0RD1te7vLzZSttc2AG9q2&index=25

Clearly a shortfall of that model but a great advert for Maxtrax extremes mate!

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/maxtrax-xtreme-signature-orange?gclid=Cj0KCQiAst2BBhDJARIsAGo2ldWIU90CFjY3r 7fHwNjOvsJxHi5GUEUwqBz-p1BvJaEMGP3xQCqoFTkaAv_0EALw_wcB

So...apols, better get back on topic...but yep easy to get bogged in the powder up there, after 10 pies at Eurong..they are bloody good pies!

Caboosewa
26th February 2021, 02:39 PM
Holy sheHat Cabs...that GU looks suspiciously like this one on Morton Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515cXhHULGY&list=PL5tnudifMxio0RD1te7vLzZSttc2AG9q2&index=25

Clearly a shortfall of that model but a great advert for Maxtrax extremes mate!

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/maxtrax-xtreme-signature-orange?gclid=Cj0KCQiAst2BBhDJARIsAGo2ldWIU90CFjY3r 7fHwNjOvsJxHi5GUEUwqBz-p1BvJaEMGP3xQCqoFTkaAv_0EALw_wcB

So...apols, better get back on topic...but yep easy to get bogged in the powder up there, after 10 pies at Eurong..they are bloody good pies!

It’s a ex Telstra built by true Gibson body builders there’s a few around but this is a west oz one 3.7 gvm remote maintenance vehicle with all the fruit

Caboosewa
26th February 2021, 02:39 PM
It’s a ex Telstra built by true Gibson body builders there’s a few around but this is a west oz one 3.7 gvm remote maintenance vehicle with all the fruit

https://youtu.be/_um-NfOesAU

Truckus
26th February 2021, 02:55 PM
Good Onya mate for owning that!...and wow..perhaps ya needed two extra maxtrax, and some diggin'. I am assuming you were aired down right!

Caboosewa
26th February 2021, 02:59 PM
Good Onya mate for owning that!...and wow..perhaps ya needed two extra maxtrax, nd some diggin'. I am assuming you were aired down right!

Been driving my local beaches for 25 yrs and that beast was on 10 psi and 3.3 tonne lol very low I just back down to the water to turn around and clipped the high soft spot not the low hard spot

mudnut
26th February 2021, 03:03 PM
I shoulda called this thread 4wd fails.

Caboosewa
26th February 2021, 03:05 PM

Yeah Sorry bout that [emoji2361]

mudnut
26th February 2021, 03:07 PM
That woulda been heart breaking. I hope insurance paid out for you.

Caboosewa
26th February 2021, 03:09 PM
That woulda been heart breaking. I hope insurance paid out for you.

Nah all good I got it out I’m a tow truck operator professional recovery artist 5 days a week I’m honing my skills for my weekend mishaps

Truckus
27th February 2021, 05:27 PM

Sure, Pic fails, 4x4 fails...both work here and both are funny ...mostly, when it is someone else...it will happen to me one day...maybe...but I got my gear, and no doubt a camera will be involved catching me sweating hard!

Plasnart
23rd April 2021, 04:02 PM
Bloke got hit by a train right in front of me today :(