PDA

View Full Version : Thermocouple fitting to Exhaust

Tip12345
23rd February 2021, 08:54 AM
Hi all still putting the mighty GU back together !!! I am going to install a exhaust temp gauge But … I am having trouble working out where to run the wires to the dash area .
what a bugger of a job . I have to remove the dash to replace the instrument Cluster and look at the radio connections fit the reverse camera .Another crap job . I have the thermocouple bung in the dump pipe so where to next. thanks to all trying to get ready to go away may June …

MudRunnerTD
23rd February 2021, 04:54 PM
Hi all still putting the mighty GU back together !!! I am going to install a exhaust temp gauge But … I am having trouble working out where to run the wires to the dash area .
what a bugger of a job . I have to remove the dash to replace the instrument Cluster and look at the radio connections fit the reverse camera .Another crap job . I have the thermocouple bung in the dump pipe so where to next. thanks to all trying to get ready to go away may June …

There is a very handy bung in the fire wall where the Left Hand Drive model steering column would be. Its Big and will take a heap of wires if you want to. ;)

The Trigger for the camera at the back can be taken from the reverse light mate at the back.

Tip12345
24th February 2021, 09:38 AM
thanks that looks like a good place and keeps it out of the engine Bay .

threedogs
27th February 2021, 09:18 AM
I used like most here fitted a dual gauge pillar pod for Boost and EGT gauges.