PDA

View Full Version : Hi From me and Trukus

Truckus
11th February 2021, 01:16 PM
Hi Community. Just joined up to learn and share some info and be part of the Patrol community in Oz/

T Rukus is a 2005 Y61, pretty much entirely rebuilt and modified last year and and you folks know, evolution and maintenance is on going.

My dad named him Tee Ruckus (as my dad likes his finny nick names)as he was big like T Rex and noisy makes a ruckus and it sounded sort if like Truck...so the name stuck.

Cheers:trink13:

Truckus
11th February 2021, 01:29 PM
I guess for a second post I better figure out the pictures function and add some Trukus pics to introduce him.

Truckus
11th February 2021, 01:31 PM
and mandatory donk shot!

growler2058
11th February 2021, 03:16 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard. Very super cool Troll mate.

Truckus
11th February 2021, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome Growler.

Yes, he is coming along nicely, will have to get around to listing all the goodies on him eventually...do the pull out modular kitchen sinks also count.

So basically the goodies list as follows:

2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, custom trunion offsets,315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 12 steels rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch, rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, Ap android interface plugn play, under seat sub doof, ARB Hard mount Air compressor & receiver, ARB fwd & rear air lockers, Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd, Drifta draw set up for full pull out kitchen, 80 l water tank and drop down fridge slide, Apply Android plugnplay interface for all tech stuff and cameras, under-seat sub woofer doofer, GPS interfaces and heads up for Speed, temp , altitude , topography, incline angles left right up and down with oh shit alarms...and other stuff with more to come as I find that I need it rather than just want it.

mudnut
11th February 2021, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Truckus
11th February 2021, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Mudnut!

New to the forum, been around 4x4s for a bit, so may have some handy things I can contribute from time to time, and even more important learn some new stuff too!

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2021, 05:11 PM
Welcome mate, Your pics look great, start a Members Ride thread and post there as they will get lost in the Intro section. You need to check out PeeBee 's thread for the Supercharger on the Chev. he has a pretty sik build thread here.

PeeBee
11th February 2021, 05:52 PM
and mandatory donk shot!

I wish the GQ had that sort of clearance between the front of the radiator and the inside of grill, Great looking install, not a rats nest like mine.

Dhuck
11th February 2021, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
12th February 2021, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome Growler.

Yes, he is coming along nicely, will have to get around to listing all the goodies on him eventually...do the pull out modular kitchen sinks also count.

So basically the goodies list as follows:

2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, custom trunion offsets,315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 12 steels rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch, rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, Ap android interface plugn play, under seat sub doof, ARB Hard mount Air compressor & receiver, ARB fwd & rear air lockers, Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd, Drifta draw set up for full pull out kitchen, 80 l water tank and drop down fridge slide, Apply Android plugnplay interface for all tech stuff and cameras, under-seat sub woofer doofer, GPS interfaces and heads up for Speed, temp , altitude , topography, incline angles left right up and down with oh shit alarms...and other stuff with more to come as I find that I need it rather than just want it.

Farkenoath mate!

AB
12th February 2021, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Truckus
12th February 2021, 08:52 PM
Again, thanks for the friendly welcome folks.:cheers:

I did see Pee Bees build thread and it is indeed on the to have a decent read through list of things to do, and yes, if the admins dont mind duplication, I will get onto a members ride topic tomorrow.

As for what I want to spend on Truckus, we are reaching that point where we do the cost vs benefits assessment.

At the moment he still has long warranty, so not changing anything for the time being, as he does a pretty decent job as a touring tractor, and I have no plans to look a making him a dragster:icon_driving:

As for asking questions I have dropped in a couple and no doubt will ask more when the need arises, as I am still learning all the things Truckus can do and wont do and getting used to his tricks.

Cheers Adz (and Truckus).