PDA

View Full Version : Siphon/jiggler hose GU Patrol

Peter Comber
9th January 2021, 10:27 PM
Hi all, I’ve been travelling with one of these things onboard for sometime now only to be recently told that I probably can’t get it to work on either the main or sub tank.
Experimented today.
Confirmed.
Has anybody got a way around this that doesn’t involve me completely removing tanks and necks? Or even another method or product of getting the fuel out if I need to?
Thanks, Peter

dpetersen
9th January 2021, 11:49 PM
Hi all, I’ve been travelling with one of these things onboard for sometime now only to be recently told that I probably can’t get it to work on either the main or sub tank.
Experimented today.
Confirmed.
Has anybody got a way around this that doesn’t involve me completely removing tanks and necks? Or even another method or product of getting the fuel out if I need to?
Thanks, Peter

You could always get a compressor and put it in the filler hole, block it with a rag. Disconnect the supply line from the fuel filter. Have done this a couple of times if I needed to get a bit of diesel out for something. Pain in the bum on your own but

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuppa
10th January 2021, 09:52 AM
I travel with one too, primarily because of concern that one day the sub tank pump may not work when I need it. I tested the jiggler in the sub tank when I bought it & it worked ok. Messy business, but better than running out of fuel when there's fuel in the tank. Mine is the 85litre sub tank on the cab chassis. The jiggler hose saves my back too, when filling from a Jerry.