PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone.

PatrolOz
4th January 2021, 09:47 PM
Thought I'd share something of a testimonial about my new GU4 ZD30. I've owned pretty much all of what you could call are proper 4wd's (with a few exceptions), my first Patrol was an old MQ 2.8 petrol auto, lifted it 2" fitted 33's and the beast went anywhere eventually sold it because it was a bit under powered and just old. Continued with trying other brands and in the end had a few Cruisers, few Discos, few Rangies, a Defender, a Lada Niva, a couple of Pajero's, a Frontera, a Merc, an Outback, a Jeep and an Amarok, in between a plethora of cars and bikes. Needed to downscale our debt so we sold off the Amarok and bought a 2006 GU4 ZD30 auto. Ol mate spent a shit ton on it ie new head, injectors, catch can, chip tune, 3" exhaust, 2" lift and 33's. I finished the list with new turbo, radiator, belt tensioner, egr block and swirl mod. Now just got to fix an oil weep coming down from the oil return at the back of the head. As far as off roading goes it's easily the most capable of all the 4by's I've owned.

Just the other day we got home after a week away camping on a beach, first day we got there we drove past a bogged Hyundai, we snatched out a Peugot awd, snatched out a Hilux, saw several more Hilux's and various dual cab utes get bogged and even a 200 series bogged. Admittedly no Wranglers saw that fate but our Patrol just did so easy. I'm keeping humble about it and rather than entering any argument with Toyota owners at work or wherever, I've got enough facts to let it speak for itself.

Thanks for letting me join and look forward to being a part of the Patrol community.

Cheers,
Steve.

mudnut
5th January 2021, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the forum.

growler2058
5th January 2021, 06:55 AM
G'day Steve, welcome aboard mate

AB
5th January 2021, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate!

Dhuck