PDA

View Full Version : General Banter

Pages : [1] 2

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 12:52 AM
Do we actually need a General Banter thread? After the original thread magically disappeared about 12 months ago it doesn't appear that important. Anyway, if you've got something to say about general stuff, chuck it in here. Take 2.

mudnut
3rd January 2021, 02:04 AM
Deja vu...

growler2058
3rd January 2021, 07:55 AM
Weathers a bit overcast today

Rossco
3rd January 2021, 08:18 AM
Same here bit of drizzle. . [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 11:55 AM
Anybody here know a thing or two about CVTs, or know someone who does? I've got an X Trail that has very little drive after a CVT oil change with correct spec oil. Help! :(

mudnut
3rd January 2021, 01:20 PM
I have seen info that the Xs CVT do fail often. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60a8pZjc-s this guy waffles on a bit

Was the correct fluid used? These things are really sensitive to the wrong type. Has it got a dipstick to check the level?

Was it flushed or just a fluid and filter change out.

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 02:53 PM
I have seen info that the Xs CVT do fail often. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60a8pZjc-s this guy waffles on a bit

Was the correct fluid used? These things are really sensitive to the wrong type. Has it got a dipstick to check the level?

Was it flushed or just a fluid and filter change out.

Well let me tell you about a major brain fart I had the other day. I'm pretty embarrassed by it but it is what it is. I was only going to do an engine oil and filter change. Drained the sump and the expected quantity of oil came out into the pan. I did think the sump and sump plug looked a bit odd, but my mind was in automatic mode and I just carried on. Put the sump plug back in. Oil from drum tap into top of engine (hard to tell how much is flowing in). Checked oil level and realised I'd put a bit too much in. Oh well not too worried about that. Next day get in car to do some shopping and engine warning light comes on and vehicle is in limp mode with no power. Managed to reverse back up the driveway (just). Only then did I realise what I'd done. This vehicle has an east/west engine and the tranny sump is front and centre. The engine sump is over on driver's side, plug facing back. I had drained the tranny sump, not the engine sump. So I drained the tranny sump again to get as much old oil out, then refilled the tranny with Penrite CVT oil NS-2 rated per the Haynes manual. Put 4 litres in then started it up and selected through the gears. Tranny howled like a dog with a broken tail, so turned it off and got another 2 litres into it before it hit the low mark on the tranny dipstick. Car moves but there is so much slip it's undrivable. I'm hoping I haven't terminally damaged it.

mudnut
3rd January 2021, 06:00 PM
Ouch! Maybe check the level again. I hope its only an air bubble or air lock, but hydraulic pumps really hate dry running.

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 06:27 PM
Ouch! Maybe check the level again. I hope its only an air bubble or air lock, but hydraulic pumps really hate dry running.

Yeah I've driven forwards and backwards 10m a dozen times so I don't think its an air lock. Disconnected the battery overnight to reset the ecu. Didn't make a difference. Oil level is at cold low notch so will take it up to cold high notch and see if that makes any difference.

growler2058
3rd January 2021, 06:56 PM
Weather turned out real nice here after the cloudy start

Avo
3rd January 2021, 08:58 PM
Still.daylight and only 6.30pm in wa

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 09:09 PM

What the?? Stop the press! Haha!

growler2058
3rd January 2021, 09:09 PM
9:08 and dark as a bear’s gut here now Avo

Plasnart
3rd January 2021, 09:28 PM

9:08 and dark as a bear’s gut here now Avo

And there you go! Proof of the conspiracy!! :D

Avo
3rd January 2021, 10:49 PM
And there you go! Proof of the conspiracy!! :DYahoo joined a new group

Plasnart
6th January 2021, 12:11 PM

Well she's at cold high mark and still the same. Got a bad gut feeling I've stuffed it. I can't find anything online or in the manual about dealing with airlocks. All seems pretty straight forward - drain and refill! Not happy Jan. :(

Plasnart
17th May 2021, 07:47 PM
There was a thread here some time ago where a bloke in NZ was repairing a Y60 Safari roof rust. Bloody impressive work being done. I want to bump that thread but can't find it. Anyone who can find it?

mudski
17th May 2021, 08:30 PM
Dunno, can't find it myself.

What was the outcome with the X Trail?

Edit :
This the one?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?48162-Old-patrol-roof-rust-repairs&highlight=roof+rust+repair

Plasnart
17th May 2021, 08:55 PM
Dunno, can't find it myself.

What was the outcome with the X Trail?

Edit :
This the one?
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?48162-Old-patrol-roof-rust-repairs&highlight=roof+rust+repair

Thanks Marko yep thats the one. The XTrail's up and running good as new mate. I was scared to take it out on the road with such little drive through the transmission, but Daz offered me a tow if I needed one so that gave me the confidence to get out past the gates. As soon as I got up to maybe 20kmh the weirdo CVT adjusted itself and away it went. Needless to say I've bought another daily and this freak is up for sale.

mudnut
21st May 2021, 04:16 PM
Applauded the tricky buggers for helping others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKW58MS12g

Maxhead
30th August 2021, 08:07 PM
Wasn’t sure where to put this but check out this foundry in Castlemaine in Vic.
They can make a camp oven with personalised lettering on the lid… Awesome I reckon.
Not sure on prices

https://billmansfoundry.com.au

Edit: Facey link for a few more pics

https://www.facebook.com/462752227176025/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudnut
30th August 2021, 08:18 PM
That would make a bloody good present.

Plasnart
30th August 2021, 08:50 PM
Wasn’t sure where to put this but check out this foundry in Castlemaine in Vic.
They can make a camp oven with personalised lettering on the lid… Awesome I reckon.
Not sure on prices

https://billmansfoundry.com.au

Edit: Facey link for a few more pics

https://www.facebook.com/462752227176025/

How good is that? Mate, chuck it in the food and cooking section. That deserves its own thread I reckon.

Maxhead
31st August 2021, 01:08 PM
How good is that? Mate, chuck it in the food and cooking section. That deserves its own thread I reckon.

Yeah mate they look the goods.
I was thinking MudRunnerTD could move it but you know…………….

growler2058
31st August 2021, 05:12 PM
Yeah mate they look the goods.
I was thinking @MudRunnerTD (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=153) could move it but you know…………….

Hahahahaha

mudnut
15th November 2021, 11:45 PM
I see the cops are looking for a Blue series 1 GU in connection with the disappearance of the couple in the high country.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2427046221944/police-searching-for-missing-campers-in-victorian-high-country-release-picture-of-blue-vehicle

Rossco
16th November 2021, 05:11 PM
I see the cops are looking for a Blue series 1 GU in connection with the disappearance of the couple in the high country.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2427046221944/police-searching-for-missing-campers-in-victorian-high-country-release-picture-of-blue-vehicle jay see . . . [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

MB
16th November 2021, 08:09 PM
Never jaysee Old Mate, if we do our own Detective work here……the horrible night in question John kindly posted some Awesome backyard home Proper Wog Tucker [emoji1786][emoji106][emoji106]

jay see
17th November 2021, 10:23 PM
Good thing for me that my patrol has been in the panel shop for the last couple of weeks.

Still don't understand why I don't get any notifications when I'm tagged [emoji848]

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Brissieboy
18th November 2021, 09:33 AM
Still don't understand why I don't get any notifications when I'm tagged [emoji848]

'jaysee' vs 'jay see' perhaps?

mudnut
13th January 2022, 08:07 PM
Got flood warnings for an area that was burning only days ago. Got flood warnings all around us and fires burning just twenty five minutes drive away. Gotta love this country!

Avo
13th January 2022, 08:21 PM
She's a beautiful country n wild one aye

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

growler2058
13th January 2022, 10:00 PM
Got flood warnings for an area that was burning only days ago. Got flood warnings all around us and fires burning just twenty five minutes drive away. Gotta love this country!

Yup, never a dull moment ay!
Stay safe

mudski
15th January 2022, 09:48 PM
Tsunami warning for the South Coast of NSW. Coz torrential rain for near two weeks isn’t enough to get us out of here. Atleast we had good weather today….

Winnie
15th January 2022, 09:51 PM
Yeah lakes entrance is on tsunami warning as well, crazy stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

jay see
15th January 2022, 10:14 PM

Sent from my SM-G986B using TapatalkOnly today my Mrs was looking at holiday houses, not that we're going to buy anything but she's happy looking.

We both not mind lakes and surrounding areas. I showed her your post Winnie and yep she's changed her mind to Mansfield.

VHC[emoji106]

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

Plasnart
15th January 2022, 10:36 PM

Is that from the Tonga subsea volcano tsunami that flooded a beach? Far canal the hysteria.

It's global warming I tells ya!

mudnut
15th January 2022, 10:40 PM
Crazy vid of cars outrunning the waves.

Plasnart
15th January 2022, 10:43 PM
Crazy vid of cars outrunning the waves.

How many dead?

jay see
15th January 2022, 10:49 PM
Tsunami warning for the South Coast of NSW. Coz torrential rain for near two weeks isn’t enough to get us out of here. Atleast we had good weather today….

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBesides the weather how's the trip going, bet it's good to away from the routine life of home and work..

jay see
15th January 2022, 10:50 PM
Crazy vid of cars outrunning the waves.Links..

Cremulator
15th January 2022, 11:02 PM
Links..

Sent from my CPH1921 using TapatalkDown the bottom of this article:
Australia and New Zealand issue tsunami warnings after South Pacific undersea volcano erupts off Tonga
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-15/tonga-issues-tsunami-warning-after-undersea-volcano-erupts/100759102

jay see
15th January 2022, 11:10 PM
Down the bottom of this article:
Australia and New Zealand issue tsunami warnings after South Pacific undersea volcano erupts off Tonga
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-15/tonga-issues-tsunami-warning-after-undersea-volcano-erupts/100759102Cheers.

I did see the article but only scanned through the first bit.

They don't seem to be in a hurry..

Hopefully there isn't too much damage both lives and property..

mudski
16th January 2022, 09:37 AM
Besides the weather how's the trip going, bet it's good to away from the routine life of home and work..

Going great. We are due to leave on Wednesday but are leaving tomorrow as the weather is supposed to turn to shit again on Tuesday. So packing up in the dry and heading home via the Snowy mountains and taking three days to do this will be a nice drive.

PeeBee
16th January 2022, 10:33 AM
Down the bottom of this article:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-15/tonga-issues-tsunami-warning-after-undersea-volcano-erupts/100759102

Son in Law got a warning message from Vic Emerg App regards a trunami threat at Wiseleigh near Bruthen, yeah, maybe a bit conservative boys, its 50klm inland, 240m elevation above sea level, think he will be ok - just, but suggested he retreat for the night to higher ground just in case the world is about to end in east gippsland!

mudnut
16th January 2022, 03:16 PM
Son in Law got a warning message from Vic Emerg App regards a trunami threat at Wiseleigh near Bruthen, yeah, maybe a bit conservative boys, its 50klm inland, 240m elevation above sea level, think he will be ok - just, but suggested he retreat for the night to higher ground just in case the world is about to end in east gippsland!

They must've confused Tonga with a Hilina Slump collapse in Hawaii.

PeeBee
16th January 2022, 04:37 PM
They must've confused Tonga with a Hilina Slump collapse in Hawaii.

Dont tell me you have caught the MB infection? Like WTF is that in english that a person over 50 can understand?

MB
16th January 2022, 05:20 PM
Geologically easy speak it’s way over your head Philstar [emoji23]

PeeBee
16th January 2022, 05:24 PM
Geologically easy speak it’s way over your head Philstar [emoji23]

Ah yes the dump of dirt causing a big splash thing, righto

MB
16th January 2022, 05:27 PM
I McGoogled it too Brother [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

mudnut
16th January 2022, 06:58 PM
Ah yes the dump of dirt causing a big splash thing, righto

Read that it moved 11 feet towards the sea in 1975. Sheesh ! Imagine the boundary disputes when half your house ends up in your neighbours back yard.

PeeBee
16th January 2022, 07:29 PM
Read that it moved 11 feet towards the sea in 1975. Sheesh ! Imagine the boundary disputes when half your house ends up in your neighbours back yard.

Yeah can imagine, I had a barney with a neighbour because the fence contractor put the fence post 4" 'the wrong side of the boundary', like who GAF! Its not like its sitting on a diamond mine. Anyway, I cant imagine the difficulties these places have to get 'back to normal'

MB
18th January 2022, 08:27 PM
FWIW: Lindsay Fox once attempted to utilise in court much much earlier zoning maps to keep the public off his Portsea weekend ever changing “private” beach to no avail [emoji905]

Plasnart
17th February 2022, 07:19 PM
Bring me up to speed here.
Working on a university campus today I see a young dude wearing a pearl necklace. He's not in drag, just in normal young bloke gear with a string of pearls around his neck.
Is this a thing now??

Bloke with a string necklace and shark tooth = surfer.
Bloke with a chunky gold chain necklace = drug dealer.
Bloke with a pearl necklace = ???????

MB
17th February 2022, 07:28 PM
Speed bringing you up to it as requested Plassy Mate, was the starter drug that his parents now let him be free to enjoy icy cold frozen necklaces maybe?

Plasnart
17th February 2022, 07:41 PM
你不会明白我在这里说的任何话。

Uh-huh.........

growler2058
18th February 2022, 01:15 AM
Working on a university campus today I see a young dude wearing a pearl necklace. He's not in drag, just in normal young bloke gear with a string of pearls around his neck.
Is this a thing now??

Google “pearl necklace” mate and see what pops up :)

Plasnart
18th February 2022, 07:08 AM
Google “pearl necklace” mate and see what pops up :)

Was either gonna be you or Avo mate!
Didn't let me down :D

mudski
18th February 2022, 07:12 AM
Is this a thing now??

There will be a name or something for sure. That generation have to label everything.

Living where I am now for four years I only noticed two years ago that a neighbor two doors down is a he/she. He walks past my place in the morning to catch the bus, all dressed up with the wig and females clothes, then on the weekend its shorts, tee shirt and wig off. Very strange at first seeing a dude, a bald one too, with breasts, not just man cans, augmented breasts, just casually walking around, and this is a family too, wife (female) and two grown up kids.

mudski
18th February 2022, 07:54 PM
So the good lady wife has ordered a new car. Kia Sportage GT line diesel. Been told it’s a 10-12 month wait! Gawd!

Maxhead
18th February 2022, 08:23 PM
So the good lady wife has ordered a new car. Kia Sportage GT line diesel. Been told it’s a 10-12 month wait! Gawd!

How is that going to go up Barkly River Jeep Track???

mudski
18th February 2022, 08:34 PM

Haha it won’t. I’m working on ditching the Gu for a 62.

growler2058
18th February 2022, 10:12 PM
Was either gonna be you or Avo mate!
Didn't let me down :D

Dont like to let a bloke down ay

Mickhead
19th February 2022, 05:44 PM
There will be a name or something for sure. That generation have to label everything.

Living where I am now for four years I only noticed two years ago that a neighbor two doors down is a he/she. He walks past my place in the morning to catch the bus, all dressed up with the wig and females clothes, then on the weekend its shorts, tee shirt and wig off. Very strange at first seeing a dude, a bald one too, with breasts, not just man cans, augmented breasts, just casually walking around, and this is a family too, wife (female) and two grown up kids.

Maybe getting 2 centerlink payments.😂😂

Mickhead
19th February 2022, 05:46 PM

Its called a JEEP TRACK for a reason. Leave the poo at home and take the wrangler.

MB
19th February 2022, 07:34 PM
Its called a JEEP TRACK for a reason. Leave the poo at home and take the wrangler.

Fair Dinkum Mick Mate, is that truly where the gazetted track name came from?
I always thought it was just local blokes up there just taking the piss out of busted Wangla’s much like Axle Hill/Landcrab Hill AKA Burgoyne’s Track [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

Plasnart
3rd March 2022, 07:38 PM
04OFF just made a reference in another thread to a ship called the Felicity Ace going down with a heap of vehicles on board. Rather than go astray on that particular thread I thought I'd comment here.

I didn't know exactly what he was talking about so I googled Felicity Ace and came across numerous news articles about the car-carrier catching fire out in the Atlantic en-route from Germany to USA, and eventually sinking 400km from Portugal where it was trying to reach a port after catching fire some days earlier.

The ABC report I read included this: "Suspicion on what started the fire on February 16 has fallen on lithium batteries used in electric vehicles, though authorities say they have no firm evidence about the cause."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-02/felicity-ace-ship-with-luxury-cars-sinks-mid-atlantic/100876322

It wasn't so long ago Samsung tablets had their serious problems with exploding (I think) lithium batteries. So if there's now concerns about the safety of lithium vehicle batteries, would you sleep well with one parked in your garage?

Scary sh!t. Suppose over time this particular incident will be investigated and the actual cause revealed, but if it's the electric/hybrid car batteries being unstable then that's a real worry.

Recently also had a huge fire in a lithium battery bank being built on the outskirts of Geelong even before it was commissioned.

Is this sh!t stable enough to be considered safe?

mudnut
3rd March 2022, 07:52 PM
Google why car lithium batteries fail when incorrectly charged. Scary crap indeed. I have seen some stories about Firefighters struggling for hours to put out crashed EVs. Imagine that on your property! Someone needs to design a system that injects a fluid into the batteries to neutralise them after a heavy impact.

PeeBee
3rd March 2022, 07:56 PM
I believe a simple injection of MEATLOAF from the camp kitchen at site would be enough to stop anything!

Avo
3rd March 2022, 09:08 PM
I use to fly rc helicopters with lithium batteries years ago,,,crash....fire....charge wrong fire...heapsof stories of peoples houses going up in flames....once ignited ya can't put em out....

Avo
3rd March 2022, 09:09 PM
I believe a simple injection of MEATLOAF from the camp kitchen at site would be enough to stop anything!Or bleach

Plasnart
3rd March 2022, 09:55 PM
Google why car lithium batteries fail when incorrectly charged. Scary crap indeed. I have seen some stories about Firefighters struggling for hours to put out crashed EVs. Imagine that on your property! Someone needs to design a system that injects a fluid into the batteries to neutralise them after a heavy impact.

Without guidance I googled the issue and came up reading this site:

https://www.ionenergy.co/resources/blogs/battery-safety/

The scary bit I've cut and pasted below.

Now that we know why lithium-ion batteries catch fire, let’s look at the some of the ways this can happen:
A. Manufacturing Defects

Flaws in production can cause metallic particles (impurities) to seep into the lithium-ion cell during the manufacturing process. Battery manufacturers need to ensure stringently controlled cleanrooms for manufacturing batteries.

Another defect could be the thinning of separators which could prove detrimental in actual use. Cells should undergo strict quality-control tests and validation before being sold.

B. Design Flaws

Car companies want to design their cars as sleek and slim while giving the maximum range and performance. These requirements push battery pack manufacturers to come up with compact designs by packing high-capacity cells into a smaller body, messing with an otherwise well-built battery.

Compromising on the design can cause damage to the electrodes or the separator. Either of which could result in a short circuit. Further, the absence of a proper cooling system or vent can cause battery temperatures to rise as the flammable electrolyte heats up.

If uncontrolled, it could result in a chain reaction of cell failures, causing the battery to heat up even more and spiral out of control.

So I take this advice from that article:

1. Don't buy Chinese lithium batteries.
2. Don't buy lithium battery vehicles of any brand, just yet.

Too scary for me.

Mickhead
6th March 2022, 04:36 PM
1. Diesel and petrol powered vehicles never catch fire.
2. Lipos ( rc vehicles ) and Li Fe po4 camping batteries are a different beast.
3. EV batteries will catch fire if badly damaged due to the HUGE amounts of stored energy.
4. At $1.80 per liter I wish I was driving a Tesla right now. Or not, because my license would be quickly lost😂😂😂

mudnut
11th March 2022, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HQ7sd48LHA John Cadogan's witty commentary on Thermal runaway.

Plasnart
28th March 2022, 07:29 PM
Still think Batman was better.

mudnut
8th April 2022, 08:02 PM
Electric Humvees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9V5b5FSxGk

mudnut
8th April 2022, 08:14 PM
Still think Batman was better.

Chris Rock: "Oh! A game of slaps! Best two out of three?"

rusty_nail
8th April 2022, 08:55 PM
Electric Humvees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9V5b5FSxGkThey look pretty cool though, not the look I mean, just the potential. Still the range isn't great(I think I read about 350 miles) and let's face it, it's not going to make it to Australia for a long time due to our current government incentives for "green" vehicles, they have much bigger and more lucrative markets to focus like Europe.

mudnut
9th April 2022, 09:09 AM
They look pretty cool though, not the look I mean, just the potential. Still the range isn't great(I think I read about 350 miles) and let's face it, it's not going to make it to Australia for a long time due to our current government incentives for "green" vehicles, they have much bigger and more lucrative markets to focus like Europe.

The owners will tow gensets and annoy the hell out of everyone when they recharge the batteries, overnight.

Plasnart
12th April 2022, 09:26 PM
DIY advice for the wood workers here from Kenny Everett! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2BO5Obg2k

mudski
13th April 2022, 05:29 PM
Just got a text from my daughter.[emoji38]

Plasnart
15th April 2022, 07:08 PM
Yes yes I know, no religion and no politics. But the David and Goliath battle continues to amaze me.

mudnut
5th May 2022, 01:52 PM
Solid state batteries are a thing, now. Gotta be way better than a car that will burn for days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR5ilYz0C_I

taslucas
9th May 2022, 06:50 PM
Hellooooo!

Good evening fine peeps. Hows it going?

mudski
9th May 2022, 06:54 PM
Hellooooo!

Great! Yourself? Good to see your back mate.

taslucas
9th May 2022, 07:00 PM
Thanks mate, I think its time I came back!

mudnut
9th May 2022, 07:07 PM
Hellooooo!

All good. Lucas. How's the deep south?

taslucas
9th May 2022, 07:32 PM
All good. Lucas. How's the deep south?

I'm north of the south!:hpfredgeorge1:

I've made a promise to myself to get back into a patrol by christmas... I'll need the old forum help on this journey!

mudnut
9th May 2022, 07:45 PM
I'm north of the south!:hpfredgeorge1:

I've made a promise to myself to get back into a patrol by christmas... I'll need the old forum help on this journey!

What are you aiming for? A decked out Q or an update to a powerful but thirsty GU 4.8, or a trusty 4.2?

taslucas
9th May 2022, 07:57 PM
Its gonna be a GU. Would love to roost a 45 or 48 like a mad dawg but I'm gonna level up to a trusty 42.

growler2058
9th May 2022, 08:09 PM
Hellooooo!

Who are you?

taslucas
9th May 2022, 08:13 PM
Who are you?

good and you?

growler2058
9th May 2022, 08:14 PM
good and you?

Average, but I set a very high standard.

taslucas
9th May 2022, 08:31 PM
always leave room to improve

mudski
23rd May 2022, 03:08 PM
Who ever thought looking for a rainwater tank would be so daunting! More sellers in Melbourne that you can poke a stick at.

MB
23rd May 2022, 06:48 PM
Just rang the neighbour down the road for you Mark Mate, it was 2 x 10,000L ‘Polymaster’ tanks he just installed beside the house look great and strong. He said the same as you, was baffled with possibilities out there and ended up choosing them from other local owners best, longevity advice etc…. Higher end of the price scale but you can buy direct/delivered off their website to our area [emoji106][emoji106]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/149.jpg

Rossco
23rd May 2022, 08:38 PM
If your after a gal or colorbond tank I got one from the tank factory while back and been sweet as [emoji106][emoji106]. . Can get it custom made with size and outlets wherever you like. . .

PeeBee
23rd May 2022, 08:59 PM
If your after a gal or colorbond tank I got one from the tank factory while back and been sweet as [emoji106][emoji106]. . Can get it custom made with size and outlets wherever you like. . .

Good bit of info, I am after a 100K house tank and 2 20K firewater tanks for the new house.

MB
23rd May 2022, 09:24 PM
Fire wise, concrete tanks and or spring fed always full dams with a pump shed of say Hebel block build and feed lines well underground. Either way, decent quality diesel fire pumps properly sprinkler area protected please Philstar, petroleum vapooorises/bubbles up/stops under duress [emoji22]

mudski
24th May 2022, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys.
Yeah looking at Colorbond tanks. Don't really want to put one in, water's cheap, but its council requirement.

PeeBee
24th May 2022, 03:45 PM
Fire wise, concrete tanks and or spring fed always full dams with a pump shed of say Hebel block build and feed lines well underground. Either way, decent quality diesel fire pumps properly sprinkler area protected please Philstar, petroleum vapooorises/bubbles up/stops under duress [emoji22]

Yes all getting developed now, have the bore and dam sorted, diesel pump shed and house/area dousing system, all remote triggered by GSM satellite, CFA compliant grounds. Should be protected. Tanks will be sprinklered and have block wall protection from radiant heat. Not necessary to go the concrete tank route based on BAL 29 from advice received.

mudski
24th May 2022, 09:56 PM
Decide to just buy a cheap second hand poly tank. it will save me $2500.

mudski
27th May 2022, 12:10 PM
Two calls yesterday , minutes apart from opposite side of the world and it was the same person. Mind blown!!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/05/157.jpg

Plasnart
28th May 2022, 07:01 PM
Where's Clunk these days? I think he's driving a Paj now but still I miss his unique take on life.

Avo
28th May 2022, 11:07 PM
Where's Clunk these days? I think he's driving a Paj now but still I miss his unique take on life.He rang yesterday....I'll tell him you said get fuxked he'd like that....

mudnut
2nd June 2022, 06:38 PM
Just watched youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbhxYIP9fg0. Scotty does not like electric vehicle, much. Now a study has shown that their extra tyre wear is causing more particulates to be released. Scotty makes a point that heavier cars will cause the already crap roads to fall apart quicker. Imagine the weight of an electric y62. They're heavy enough now.

MudRunnerTD
2nd June 2022, 06:53 PM
Just watched youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbhxYIP9fg0. Scotty does not like electric vehicle, much. Now a study has shown that their extra tyre wear is causing more particulates to be released. Scotty makes a point that heavier cars will cause the already crap roads to fall apart quicker. Imagine the weight of an electric y62. They're heavy enough now.

And No Fuel Exise to invest back into Roads.... wait?? I think they stopped spending it all on roads many many moons ago.

BillsGU
3rd June 2022, 01:56 PM

What an annoying prick to watch!!! Gave me vertigo seeing his hands flap around.

mudnut
3rd June 2022, 02:13 PM
What an annoying prick to watch!!! Gave me vertigo seeing his hands flap around.

Yep. Mrs mudsane hates his voice! He constantly repeats himself, although he talks sense. He posts videos on how to do simple maintenance and repairs. He also gives advice on how to avoid being ripped off.

BillsGU
4th June 2022, 01:56 PM
Yep. Mrs mudsane hates his voice! He constantly repeats himself, although he talks sense. He posts videos on how to do simple maintenance and repairs. He also gives advice on how to avoid being ripped off.

Yep - he certainly doesn't use one word when a half a dozen will do the same job! And then in case you are stupid he tells you the same thing again .... and again ......

mudnut
7th June 2022, 11:24 AM
Since Andy moved us to a new serve, has anyone else copped this at all?

It has occurred quite a few times.

growler2058
7th June 2022, 12:42 PM
Nup.............

MB
6th July 2022, 11:25 PM
Little Help Please Gurus [emoji120][emoji120]
Have been searching hard for a thread, discussion maybe to no avail [emoji26]
Was along the lines of W2A (water to air) intercooler setups and my shocking memory recalls Touses Legend with a very suitable for my hopeful upcoming needs of a rear tray/under mounted heat exchanger [emoji120][emoji120]

Touses
7th July 2022, 07:59 AM
MB Lost my pics on this puter when it crashed, will check the other, maybe there.

MB
7th July 2022, 08:29 AM
Thanks Touses Mate [emoji120][emoji120]

Touses
7th July 2022, 09:44 AM
Found them, moved them, now will try to attach them.8556785568TA DA @MB

MB
7th July 2022, 09:48 AM
Magic 🪄[emoji106][emoji106]
Looks like a great spot thanks heaps, are you happy with its performance back there?
Also can’t remember what W2A intercooler you were running under the bonnet [emoji120][emoji120]

Touses
7th July 2022, 10:00 AM
Works like a charm, can't get the monster hot. Two 10" craig davies fans under it, coolant pushed about by 80lt? pm pump.
Operate it via switch on dash. Pretty much don't run it cold winter mornings 'til temp climbs to comfortable heater levels.
Ic is a frozen boost? out of the states. will find pics.

PeeBee
7th July 2022, 10:07 AM
Works like a charm, can't get the monster hot. Two 10" craig davies fans under it, coolant pushed about by 80lt? pm pump.
Operate it via switch on dash. Pretty much don't run it cold winter mornings 'til temp climbs to comfortable heater levels.
Ic is a frozen boost? out of the states. will find pics.

What pump are you using? What are your line sizes and line pressure? Do you know what the pump draws amp wise?

Touses
7th July 2022, 10:23 AM
Believe it's a bosch pump, no idea of amps or pressure.
High pressure hose is 16mm id pretty sure

PeeBee
7th July 2022, 11:48 AM
Believe it's a bosch pump, no idea of amps or pressure.
High pressure hose is 16mm id pretty sure

OK that will be an open flow rating not what you are actually pushing. At the end of the day as long as it works and you are happy with it thats all that matters.

taslucas
22nd July 2022, 07:30 AM
A pretty cool thing to do. I wonder if anyone has done similar in the high country? Get your glue sticks out!
https://www.facebook.com/120166039217/posts/pfbid03oGczd73nEz74ibwYDTdxxUx1WfVNuBcYTysBiXzXDNx cqAKhqbp1ALowAgB4jUPl/?sfnsn=mo

.......from under the great down under.

mudnut
3rd August 2022, 05:35 PM
Just a word of warning for those who have younger or inexperienced drivers in their family. Please get them some real maps of the country. Had to help return home an extended family member from a rollover near Ballarat. They were following Google maps which led them off the highway onto some crappy roads. It was dark and they hadn't been to Ballarat before, so just had to do as the screen showed them.
Mr Big Assed Roo decided a curve in the road was a good place to stand, thus causing the rollover. The tow driver said they would be very surprised if the vehicle wouldn't be totalled. All good, better the car than the driver. I'll be upgrading my 2 year old Melways and handing them the old one, just so they can at least check the route before trusting an electronic thingamawidgie.

Plasnart
3rd August 2022, 06:10 PM
Just a word of warning for those who have younger or inexperienced drivers in their family. Please get them some real maps of the country. Had to help return home an extended family member from a rollover near Ballarat. They were following Google maps which led them off the highway onto some crappy roads. It was dark and they hadn't been to Ballarat before, so just had to do as the screen showed them.
Mr Big Assed Roo decided a curve in the road was a good place to stand, thus causing the rollover. The tow driver said they would be very surprised if the vehicle wouldn't be totalled. All good, better the car than the driver. I'll be upgrading my 2 year old Melways and handing them the old one, just so they can at least check the route before trusting an electronic thingamawidgie.

Good luck with that ya old fogie!

Getting an 18th birthday Melways our vintage:

Getting an 18th birthday Melways today:

mudnut
3rd August 2022, 06:50 PM
Ha ha. Old fogie wisdom: Paper beats Interweb.

Plasnart
3rd August 2022, 07:00 PM
Ha ha. Old fogie wisdom: Paper beats Interweb.

Totally agree. You just have to want to use it.

mudnut
3rd August 2022, 09:12 PM
Just tried Google maps for a route from Portland to Ballarat, and the route shown was absolute crap. Up to Heywood, across to Bessiebell then through Woolsthorpe. The roads were absolutely horrible twenty years ago, when we used to try different ways to get to Melbourne. They would be so bloody bad now. Imagine having a semi heading for you at night and having to drop a wheel onto the gravel to get past.

Plasnart
3rd August 2022, 09:36 PM
Just tried Google maps for a route from Portland to Ballarat, and the route shown was absolute crap. Up to Heywood, across to Bessiebell then through Woolsthorpe. The roads were absolutely horrible twenty years ago, when we used to try different ways to get to Melbourne. They would be so bloody bad now. Imagine having a semi heading for you at night and having to drop a wheel onto the gravel to get past.

Once again I agree mate. Google maps suggests that route because it's 6 minutes quicker and 7 km shorter than running down the main (far safer) highways. It's total nonsense.

What my point is, you might be able to convince one, or maybe two young people to ditch app-based navigation and to learn to read and use paper maps, but you're pushing soft stuff uphill with a pointy stick mate when it comes to widespread change and awareness.

Maybe the answer is to change the apps to show the safest and most populous route as first option. That should be the aim in my opinion. But how?? Beyond my miniscule level of skills and capability.

Plasnart
3rd August 2022, 09:50 PM
Just tried Google maps for a route from Portland to Ballarat, and the route shown was absolute crap. Up to Heywood, across to Bessiebell then through Woolsthorpe. The roads were absolutely horrible twenty years ago, when we used to try different ways to get to Melbourne. They would be so bloody bad now. Imagine having a semi heading for you at night and having to drop a wheel onto the gravel to get past.Oh and by the way, I've driven that road between Woolsthorpe and Heywood a few times in the last few years and it really is a nice way to see the country side taking it easy in good light and good weather. But Jeepers Mc Creepers you do not want to meet a semi or even another car coming the other way, even on a good day. Single lane, two-way, broken and potholed bitumen, crumbly asphalt road with muddy goop each side going through Bessiebelle.... yep nice one Google Maps! Would be magnificent at night coming up against a semi who can't drop off the side. Your SW Vic roads Muddy are some of the meanest and nastiest I've ever driven no shit.

BrazilianY60
3rd August 2022, 11:29 PM
Single lane, two-way, broken and potholed bitumen, crumbly asphalt road with muddy goop each side

Are you sure you are not in Brazil? :icon_bonk:

About the Navi: on the "old days" when Navi was a dedicated device like a Garmin unit, you could set on the configuration to prefer main roads over shortcuts and you could even set areas where you didn't want to go at all. It was useful in cities like Rio de Janeiro, to avoid being inadvertently guided into the guerrilla zones.

Maybe Google Maps or Waze (the top navi SW used over here) has the ability to set similar constrains.

PeeBee
4th August 2022, 11:27 AM
Once again I agree mate. Google maps suggests that route because it's 6 minutes quicker and 7 km shorter than running down the main (far safer) highways. It's total nonsense.

What my point is, you might be able to convince one, or maybe two young people to ditch app-based navigation and to learn to read and use paper maps, but you're pushing soft stuff uphill with a pointy stick mate when it comes to widespread change and awareness.

Maybe the answer is to change the apps to show the safest and most populous route as first option. That should be the aim in my opinion. But how?? Beyond my miniscule level of skills and capability.

Once plugged in an address to get from one suburb in Melb to another in Melb, push calculate, map route start, instantly in wrong direction but in a hurry, then looked again after 10 minutes to see the journey plan was to an address in Brisbane, journey time32 hrs! Yeah, dont trust them so much and look a bit closer each time. Still arrived late even with the optimised Google route

mudnut
6th August 2022, 10:53 PM
Bloody hell! New Yota and Subies wheels are falling off. Big recall and buy back. FFS Humans have been making autos for over a century and and we can't even get the most vital part to work properly. Reminiscent of the rear left alloys' lug nuts debacle.

Plasnart
6th August 2022, 11:22 PM
Bloody hell! New Yota and Subies wheels are falling off. Big recall and buy back. FFS Humans have been making autos for over a century and and we can't even get the most vital part to work properly. Reminiscent of the rear left alloys' lug nuts debacle.

Hey, but it's got Apple and Android connectivity for your fave tunes and apps Muddy. Jeez mate you cant have everything mate.

jay see
22nd August 2022, 09:29 PM
Happy that I had my nissanpatrol.com.au
Beanie on at work last week.

We were talking off the top nut (40mm) off a hydraulic cylinder at work and no one knew that it was air operated as well. Sure enough as soon as the nut was loose it shot straight up, easy 10 metres in the air and came down on my head.

The nurse said that the beanie had cushioned the blow. Not need for stitches, but a bit of glue..http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/77.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/08/78.jpg

mudnut
29th August 2022, 04:22 PM
Bloody hell, we just copped a really wild storm. Glad it was short-lived. Weird though, the back yard had bugger all hail but the front was absolutely plastered. It must have been almost horizontal and the trees held it back.

PeeBee
29th August 2022, 05:48 PM
Check this one out, taken this morning on site, highly turbulent weather over last 24hrs. I thought it was rain, but was actually able to drive right under the formation, and totally dry. Maybe suspended water droplets or mist. Was about 6.45am and temp circa 30 degC

MB
29th August 2022, 06:25 PM
That’s a Monthly Photo Comp - Weather WINNER for sure Philstar [emoji736][emoji106][emoji106]

PeeBee
29th August 2022, 08:52 PM
Front just swept thru camp, shit flying around outside, TV went down then power, howling and raining like a cyclone, lasted all of 10 minutes I reckon, now still and cold, was hot and humid

mudnut
29th August 2022, 10:25 PM
6 hours later, after a bit of rain, there is still a frozen lump of hail next to the downpipe. Crazy weather!

mudnut
30th August 2022, 11:40 AM
And still, the frozen lump sits in the yard! Living so close to the ocean for near on 30 years, I have never seen such a thing! All the residual hail has melted in a matter of hours after storms.

Mickhead
30th August 2022, 06:32 PM
If you all cannot see the benefits of using google maps for its awesome real time traffic flow info, sattelite imaging, instant upgrades of newly built or temporarily closed roads etc, or you are entering the wrong address due to early onset of dementia, its time to get a myki and rely on the friendly bus driver to get you from A to B ������

mudnut
30th August 2022, 06:49 PM
There is still about a quarter of the lump of ice on the ground. Just insane.

Plasnart
30th August 2022, 08:12 PM
What is it with Gippsland and Y62s? It's fair dinkum Y62 country over here, seeing them everywhere! Oooh driving behind a Hermosa Blue S5 today.....jeez that's a nice colour.

And that note!

Gotta say my back pocket is starting to warm up........

Winnie
30th August 2022, 09:02 PM
Where are you at Plassy?
Yes every 2nd car seems to be either a Y62, 200 series or dual cab Land Cruiser.

Plasnart
30th August 2022, 09:22 PM
Where are you at Plassy?
Yes every 2nd car seems to be either a Y62, 200 series or dual cab Land Cruiser.

Cruisin' the mean streets of Traralgon and Churchill for the next little bit Winnie. Had to fang over to Lilydale and back today though, and followed the Hermosa Blue S5 out of town this morning. Sad face when she turned off coz I was perving on it like some sort of weirdo. Haha I fit in as a local around here! :D

pearcey
31st August 2022, 09:55 AM
Cruisin' the mean streets of Traralgon and Churchill for the next little bit Winnie. Had to fang over to Lilydale and back today though, and followed the Hermosa Blue S5 out of town this morning. Sad face when she turned off coz I was perving on it like some sort of weirdo. Haha I fit in as a local around here! :D

Hey bloke did you find that servo, supermarket and bottle shop.
Sorry i didn`t catch up heading home but had to do a special meet up in Bendigo.

Plasnart
31st August 2022, 11:25 AM
Hey bloke did you find that servo, supermarket and bottle shop.
Sorry i didn`t catch up heading home but had to do a special meet up in Bendigo.

Haha no I got lost that night but I looked it up and know my way now. No worries about shooting through it was great to catch up briefly on your way to Licola. Cheers mate!

DX grunt
3rd September 2022, 06:16 PM
What's happening, bro or sis?

DX grunt
3rd September 2022, 06:17 PM
Word of the day is ..... Chillax!

mudnut
14th October 2022, 11:35 AM
Gunna have an influx of cocaine users with this headline.

MB
14th October 2022, 08:46 PM
Don’t laugh Craigstar Mate [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]
Much younger days sweating bullets out on the tools after a hard night on Queensland Molasses we’d scrape the powdery residue off our forearms nightly for a snort top up before heading back to question the Publican where our coin went [emoji848][emoji23]
‘Renewable Cane’ [emoji23][emoji23]

Plasnart
14th October 2022, 11:06 PM
Has any bloke here ever actually sat through The English Patient film?
Holy farrk thank god for tablets and internet distractions and alcohol. Freaking pukeville..ohh darling..ohh I love you so much...Oh take me in your arms my darling...FFS mills and boon shit right here trendsetters.

Winnie
15th October 2022, 07:44 PM
Finally had a day at home and managed to install the Offroad Animal bullbar to the Mrs new car.
It's a bit more involved than bolting a bar to a GQ.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/26.jpg

rusty_nail
15th October 2022, 11:02 PM
Finally had a day at home and managed to install the Offroad Animal bullbar to the Mrs new car.

Sent from my SM-G986B using TapatalkLooks awesome mate!! Very mean looking

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rossco
19th October 2022, 08:09 PM
Trusty old GQ and high mount to the rescue two times in one day. . Put our little skid steer on its side for a rest, grabbed the GU and Runva slow mount but would not winch in damit and could not pull the thing with any control so headed home to grab GQ. .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/31.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/32.jpg

Took a bit of rigging to pull straight but happy days. . .

Pulled the glow plugs to get the oil out and whilst trying to get her going another colleague got bogged so had to head out there too damitt. .

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/33.jpg

Who would have thought it works be so wet. .[emoji848]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2022/10/34.jpg

All in a days work let's hope tomorrow is a little more uneventful [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji106][emoji106]

taslucas
21st October 2022, 07:04 PM

wow, that is mean looking winnie!

taslucas
21st October 2022, 07:16 PM
Hi all, happy friday! Hey, how do I edit my signature? I poked around my profile but couldnt find an edit button. It's been a while!

Plasnart
21st October 2022, 07:28 PM
Hi all, happy friday! Hey, how do I edit my signature? I poked around my profile but couldnt find an edit button. It's been a while!

Click on Notifications, then Inbox, then Edit Signature down the left side mate.

taslucas
21st October 2022, 08:11 PM
Click on Notifications, then Inbox, then Edit Signature down the left side mate.

Noidea what i'm doing wrong but cant find Edit anywhere. On pc and phone. I havent even had that many cans!

BrazilianY60
21st October 2022, 09:25 PM
On the PC, on the gray menu bar on the top:

Forum Actions > Edit Profile
My Settings frame > Edit Signature

mudnut
17th February 2023, 08:55 PM
This is just nuts, (pardon the pun). The new Subie EVs in the US have been recalled again because the wheels can fall off even with a fix implemented for the first recall! Apparently the engineers hadn't accounted for the extra torque generated by the EV transmission and driveline.

AB
19th February 2023, 02:04 PM
Found these at a new bargain place at Chirnside.

Bit more expensive then paper plates but their bloody sturdy and biodegradable too.

Good for free camping without a fire.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/02/12.jpg

AB
19th February 2023, 02:05 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/02/13.jpg

mudnut
19th February 2023, 05:21 PM
I watched a video about a mob using fungus to grow disposable items like plates and a replacement for styrofoam.

mihit
19th February 2023, 05:46 PM

Fire is pretty easy to make :D

AB
19th February 2023, 08:43 PM
Fire is pretty easy to make :D

Haha of course, just meant total fire ban weekends or morning brekkys before you leave and no point for a fire and not wanting to carry rubbish rather then dumping it as some muppets do!

mihit
22nd February 2023, 01:06 PM
Haha of course, just meant total fire ban weekends or morning brekkys before you leave and no point for a fire and not wanting to carry rubbish rather then dumping it as some muppets do!

Ahh, right. Fire ban isn't something we have to deal with so much over here on the mainland.:D

Unfortunately muppets dumping is all too common :S
Often as not I end up taking sh*theads rubbish out, more than my own.

DX grunt
22nd February 2023, 05:17 PM
Found these at a new bargain place at Chirnside.

Bit more expensive then paper plates but their bloody sturdy and biodegradable too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/02/12.jpg

Shave your arms and get a tattoo. LOL

Plasnart
16th June 2023, 09:01 PM
Cuppa I’m sure you’re active in the OKA scene if you’re still in the market, but I saw this one for sale today in Geelong. I think you’re back south again?

BrazilianY60
16th June 2023, 11:09 PM
What truck is that?

Plasnart
17th June 2023, 12:03 AM
What truck is that?

“Oka” is the make Braz.

I really don’t know much about them but they’re pretty good overland weapons.

BrazilianY60
17th June 2023, 12:06 AM
Oh, I see. I took OKA for some overlanding group/community of some sort.

rusty_nail
17th June 2023, 01:03 AM
Oh, I see. I took OKA for some overlanding group/community of some sort.All I know is they are made in Australia, pretty tough but also prone to rust(and my old man owns one)

Cuppa
19th June 2023, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the thought Plassy.

I'll let you & others into the secret I've been holding in since last December.

Back then whilst still up on Cape York we became aware of quite a special OKA for sale & began negotiations. OKA's are relatively unique with only about 440 built to date (all hand built) & this one is unique among OKA's. Until a few weeks ago we had only seen photos, but we went to check it out on our way back to Vic. We loved it & reached agreement on price. The whole purchase is quite convoluted ,but we have made an initial payment on it. It is now in Perth at the OKA factory getting an Allison Auto fitted for us & they have a lot on their plate at the moment, currently moving from the 'repair shop' they have been for a number of years to the production facility of new vehicles again, which they have been working toward for some time.They finally got the ADR approvals for new models recently. So our job is not their highest priority. Because our last attempt to buy an OKA fell over at the last minute I'm reluctant to say too much to identify the vehicle, but I am also more confident it will become ours. I will say that it is a later model, one of a handful built with the 4 cylinder Cummins motor & has an expedition/motorhome body. As a travel vehicle it has what we want, indoor kitchen, seating, bed, heating together with sufficient storage to allow for the extended times off grid that we love, fuel range of around 1600kms, & all in a package just 6 metres long which means it will go pretty much anywhere the Patrol & Tvan have taken us. Height at 3.15m is the compromise. Once we own it I'll post more. It has a lot more, more than we need due to having been built for world travel, Think extreme cold & high altitude - spent 3 years in South America, travelled the length of Africa, & much of Europe. 280K on the motor vehicle, but the 'home' on the back along with all its features is only 7 years old. We will be the second owner.
I'm bursting to tell more, but will hold my counsel for the time being until ownership is transferred to us.

Video for Braz. (Not our OKA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwflmCkYO9Q

And an article.

https://motofomo.com.au/features/oka-is-back-and-its-taking-orders-for-the-ultimate-4x4-light-truck/

Plasnart
19th June 2023, 10:00 PM
Amazing Cuppa, and yes can understand being quiet until it's all locked away. Congrats mate!

mudski
20th June 2023, 07:51 AM
Well done Cuppa. These things have always intrigued me. I'd love to drive one of these, or a MOG. If you need advise on your OKA, Theres a chap in Dingley SE of Melbourne who goes by the name of Ian Jones, All he does is OKA repairs, he's a customer of mine and he is quiet knowledgeable with these beasts. Theres East Coast OKA out in Dingley as well, Im not sure if they still exist though.

I do know of another guy, I think he's out Bayswater way or somewhere in that direction, he does them too, but his name I cannot remember.

But you've probably got all these contacts anyway...

Can't wait to see the pics.

rusty_nail
20th June 2023, 09:49 AM
I do know of another guy, I think he's out Bayswater way or somewhere in that direction, he does them too, but his name I cannot remember.

There is a workshop in Monbulk with two of them. One done up and the other one more stock

Cuppa
20th June 2023, 02:17 PM
Well done Cuppa. These things have always intrigued me. I'd love to drive one of these, or a MOG. If you need advise on your OKA, Theres a chap in Dingley SE of Melbourne who goes by the name of Ian Jones, All he does is OKA repairs, he's a customer of mine and he is quiet knowledgeable with these beasts. Theres East Coast OKA out in Dingley as well, Im not sure if they still exist though.

But you've probably got all these contacts anyway...

Can't wait to see the pics.

Ta. Ian Jones & Paul Knott. Both highly regarded in the OKA community.

jack
21st June 2023, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the thought Plassy.

I'll let you & others into the secret I've been holding in since last December.

Haha, I knew you were busting to spill the beans.

Cuppa
21st June 2023, 08:57 AM
Haha, I knew you were busting to spill the beans.

growler2058
2nd July 2023, 12:55 PM
Cooooooool

BrazilianY60
3rd July 2023, 11:25 AM
Wow, how sick is that! First Patrol is just like mine.

mudnut
22nd August 2023, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l47_4frkrbQ this and MBs daughters point to the old GQs being fitted with a clandestine shutdown device.

How terrifying being dragged behind your stolen vehicle.

BrazilianY60
22nd August 2023, 09:12 PM
Curiously enough, the lady was using the Nissan shirt growler sent a few messages up.
Over here, some sedans used to come with a trunk latch handle inside the trunk, and people would have that installed on others that didn't have one. Not a shutdown device, but a way to run away in a window of opportunity...

https://pt.wikihow.com/Escapar-do-Porta-Malas-de-um-Carro#:~:text=Abra%20o%20porta%2Dmalas%20pela,para %20abri%2Dlo%20por%20dentro.&text=Se%20voc%C3%AA%20tiver%20acesso%20a,para%20a% 20tampa%20se%20abrir.

AB
23rd August 2023, 10:05 PM
Curiously enough, the lady was using the Nissan shirt growler sent a few messages up.
Over here, some sedans used to come with a trunk latch handle inside the trunk, and people would have that installed on others that didn't have one. Not a shutdown device, but a way to run away in a window of opportunity...

https://pt.wikihow.com/Escapar-do-Porta-Malas-de-um-Carro#:~:text=Abra%20o%20porta%2Dmalas%20pela,para %20abri%2Dlo%20por%20dentro.&text=Se%20voc%C3%AA%20tiver%20acesso%20a,para%20a% 20tampa%20se%20abrir.

We are not street wise here mate.

We have been brought up in a care free country but the last 20 years has changed unfortunately.

BrazilianY60
23rd August 2023, 11:43 PM
We have been brought up in a care free country

And that is absolutely awesome, cause you note the change and care for it staying safe. Unfortunately here, the reality of new generations being brought up with those concerns, it start becoming "natural".

Keep the innocence of your little ones intact mate!

mihit
24th August 2023, 02:41 PM
And that is absolutely awesome, cause you note the change and care for it staying safe. Unfortunately here, the reality of new generations being brought up with those concerns, it start becoming "natural".

Keep the innocence of your little ones intact mate!

Nah.... keep em wise

...and stock up on 12ga buckshot!

MB
24th August 2023, 07:53 PM
Aussie Quarantine [emoji35][emoji736][emoji736]
Our Trunk Monkey is almost HERE [emoji3590][emoji3590]

https://youtu.be/AidAXgq9dWc?si=8iMdIWgaVIN7ByG6

taslucas
24th September 2023, 09:30 AM
You guys know of any good online 4wd superstores?

jay see
24th September 2023, 11:24 AM
You guys know of any good online 4wd superstores?

.......from under the great down under.A couple that I've dealt with are

Roadrunner
Patrol a part
The 4wd sheet

In no particular order..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Winnie
24th September 2023, 02:53 PM
Roadrunner are great!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

PeeBee
24th September 2023, 03:57 PM
Roadrunner are great!

Agree 100%

taslucas
24th September 2023, 04:36 PM
A couple that I've dealt with are

Roadrunner
Patrol a part
The 4wd sheet

In no particular order..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using TapatalkI actually googled "the 4wd SHEET" [emoji28]

jay see
24th September 2023, 07:45 PM
I actually googled "the 4wd SHEET" [emoji28]

.......from under the great down under.Oops
Sorry mate.

https://www.the4wdshed.com/

No mistakes this time..

taslucas
24th September 2023, 08:31 PM
Oh, I figured it out!

AB
27th September 2023, 09:56 PM
Bunnings is now in the market with 12v fridge/freezers?

When did this happen?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kolner-80l-portable-fridge-cooler-freezer-camping_p0345688?gbraid=0AAAAADtbEB_KRGwnA4MF5QnDy JV2BWiKw&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpc-oBhCGARIsAH6ote-BGDkJCLbX3WshBKLX-ka-AKA2UrU11MOvFmkTsQdqfEK4xs5DYS0aAq6jEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cremulator
27th September 2023, 11:17 PM
That's Bunnings marketplace. They sell other retailers products online only.
They've had that running for a couple of years now I believe.

rusty_nail
28th September 2023, 08:20 PM
Bunnings is now in the market with 12v fridge/freezers?

When did this happen?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/kolner-80l-portable-fridge-cooler-freezer-camping_p0345688?gbraid=0AAAAADtbEB_KRGwnA4MF5QnDy JV2BWiKw&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpc-oBhCGARIsAH6ote-BGDkJCLbX3WshBKLX-ka-AKA2UrU11MOvFmkTsQdqfEK4xs5DYS0aAq6jEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

yeah mate been up for a while, personally havent used it as i can usually find stuff cheaper elsewhere.

taslucas
30th September 2023, 04:06 PM
Recommendations for 4wd YouTube channels?
Love the All 4 Adventure boys
Pat Callinan is a bit sleepy.
4wd action/ 24-7, would be a heap better if they took the mic off Graham [emoji28]

Winnie
30th September 2023, 04:48 PM
Jesse Kistler is good

Cremulator
30th September 2023, 07:05 PM
Sidetracked is good because he drives a TD42 GU III. Plus they do some pretty diverse trips.

BigRAWesty
1st October 2023, 08:00 AM
Ute just about loaded for a quick overnight swag trip with the eldest to the beach...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/1.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/2.jpg

Rossco
1st October 2023, 09:47 AM
4wd action/ 24-7, would be a heap better if they took the mic off Graham [emoji28]

Don't forget your local ledged Timmyhasheart, defiantly one of my favourites him and Daniel Kistler for keeping it real, like Tyler Thomson is good too, Ausie Arvos local to us Chrissy Hills boys they've done real well for themselves given their age. . . Funny thing all have GQ's . .

Winnie
1st October 2023, 10:45 AM
I haven't seen Timmy has heart, where is he from?
Sorry yeah I meant Daniel Kistler, I went to school with his brother Jesse [emoji23]

taslucas
1st October 2023, 10:57 AM
Yeah sweet, will check them all out cheers. I am happy I gave 4wd247 a look. I moved away from 4wd action a few years back at peak roothy lol but really enjoyed watching 4wd247 yesterday. I watched their tas west coast videos. In one vid they are "in the scrub south of burnie" in an unnamed track and im pretty sure I know the exact one... about 20 mins past Farbs place, right behind my pairs place.

mudski
2nd October 2023, 01:01 PM

Look for Molly Dixon, be aware, a cold spoon must be kept by your side at all times! Haha! She does pretty good shows though. Theres another I jst started watching but the name evades me. Something Brothers... Melbourne boys. They're good.

BigRAWesty
2nd October 2023, 10:06 PM
Pretty epic night away with the eldest.
No fish but a great night out in the swags on the beach.
Woke in the morning to seals and dolphins playing about 100m off shore.
Was a great night and only 40 mins from home..http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/3.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/4.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/5.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/6.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/7.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/8.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/9.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2023/10/10.jpg

Plasnart
29th March 2024, 08:34 PM
Hoping everybody is having a safe and happy break over Easter.
Let us know what you got up to!
This year I’m painting.
Nope, not artistic landscapes, towering gum trees or ocean scenes. Just walls and skirting boards.
Wahoo! :thumbup:

BigRAWesty
29th March 2024, 09:21 PM
This year I’m painting.
Nope, not artistic landscapes, towering gum trees or ocean scenes. Just walls and skirting boards.
Wahoo! [emoji106]Nice one.
Mrs Niss is working 3 days. But were getting away to a mates property about 30 minutes from home for a single night shake down of the camping setup and tents again.
Can't wait!!

jay see
29th March 2024, 10:55 PM
This year I’m painting.
Wahoo! [emoji106]Happy Easter to you too.

Family stuff this year, but we have both taken Tuesday off and will spend Monday night in the Macedon Rangers.

Winnie
30th March 2024, 06:59 AM
Firewood cutting for us. This is all storm clean up from the storm that hit Mirboo North last month. Raising logs in the air with the excavator makes cutting so much easier! Then the bobcat makes loading the trailer so much easier, then the 12x7 tipper trailer makes carting and unloading so much easier!

3 of us working in one day collected enough wood for 2-3 years each. https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/50.jpghttps://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/51.jpghttps://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/52.jpghttps://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/53.jpg

Hodge
30th March 2024, 05:34 PM
Firewood cutting for us. This is all storm clean up from the storm that hit Mirboo North last month. Raising logs in the air with the excavator makes cutting so much easier! Then the bobcat makes loading the trailer so much easier, then the 12x7 tipper trailer makes carting and unloading so much easier!

3 of us working in one day collected enough wood for 2-3 years each.

Good chance I chopped / cleared some of those. I spent a week up Mirboo, Gatha, Korrumbarra after those storms.

jay see
30th March 2024, 05:54 PM
Good chance I chopped / cleared some of those. I spent a week up Mirboo, Gatha, Korrumbarra after those storms.Nice to see you about Hodge.

How you been keeping?

AB
30th March 2024, 06:51 PM
Well…I’m at Yackandandah Caravan Park right now and these guys are just walking down the park casually.

https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/56.jpg

AB
30th March 2024, 06:53 PM
Loving small town community lolhttps://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/57.jpg

Touses
30th March 2024, 08:02 PM
Loving small town community lolhttps://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/03/57.jpg

Get your mankini on AB. You'll slot right in! :eck05:

jack
30th March 2024, 09:02 PM
This year I’m painting.

Happy Easter All.

I'm spending the time baby sitting the 10 year old grandsons chicken incubator while the family headed to Adelaide. When he arrived Thursday evening he already 4 hatchlings, after he left there were 3 more and 5 eggs left. This was supposed to be an easy job he told me, had to help all 3 out of their shells in the end.
Add to that I also have to go to their property to feed the dogs and chooks. Two more chooks sitting on eggs there, lifted one and there were more chickens. Then the bloody rooster decided it was a good time for a sneak attack.
Grandson has turned into a budding entrepreneur, started with 3 chickens added a rooster and now breeds them for sale. All these are already sold.
Have to admit they are beautiful chooks, frizzle silky bantams.
Other than that, i'm eating like a horse try to put on the weight I lost .

Plasnart
30th March 2024, 09:35 PM
This year I’m painting.

Doing some renos around the place, today I uncovered what I reckon is a Banksy. Im gonna be bloody rich!!

MB
30th March 2024, 09:44 PM
PMSL [emoji23]

Plasnart
30th March 2024, 09:47 PM
PMSL [emoji23]

Yours for 10k. Bargain mate!! Will be worth a mill soon! :bananadancing:

MB
30th March 2024, 10:22 PM
Please DoDo [emoji90] increase its value ten fold upon other platforms, such as, but not limited to; Ticfarc, Tocwank etc…. [emoji2961]

Hodge
31st March 2024, 08:57 AM
Nice to see you about @Hodge (https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=15680).

How you been keeping?

Battling along mate. Hope you're well.

mudski
2nd April 2024, 01:12 PM
Well we had an interesting morning. Laying in bed wide awake since 2:30am listening to the rain that’s hammering down and not being able to sleep, coz that’s what I do every night, lol. Anyhoo just after 4:30am I hear a few thuds outside. My bedroom window faces the two neighbouring backyards. One has a tin shed, the other has a chook pen with a tin roof with a small room built on that.
So I think the thuds are just possums doing their annoying thing, then a second later where here this massive bang and our room lights up to near daylight. I look out the window and the chook shed if fully engulfed.
Turns out the chook shed had a solar panel charging a lithium battery.
Firey’s are called and I’m just trying to stop everything else from burning. No way my garden hose was gonna stop this.
Fook they burn hot.
https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/04/118.jpg

PeeBee
2nd April 2024, 01:18 PM
So the next precaution with lithium is no proximity to chickens, in rainy areas or in the dark? Yeah, I think there is something missing with this story? I am going to have to remove the chicken coup from inside my pod now, bugger.

mudski
2nd April 2024, 02:20 PM
So the next precaution with lithium is no proximity to chickens, in rainy areas or in the dark? Yeah, I think there is something missing with this story? I am going to have to remove the chicken coup from inside my pod now, bugger.

No chickens in the coop. He had a home made solar setup charging lithium batteries for a E bike, I was told by the firey. He, is my neighbors son, who is 50 years old. We don't talk to him much. He doesn't hold a job, lives at home with his quite elderly mum and dad smoking pot all day, and is just waiting for them to die. Bloody sad as the mum and dad are so nice, I get along with them really well. The mum is in hospital and has been there for the last 4 weeks fighting cancer, i doubt she is going to come home, she's not good. This fire, caused by the loser son, is not what the dad really needs in his life right now...

Plasnart
2nd April 2024, 02:27 PM
Bloody scray! If/when I get an e-something one day it’ll have its own charge point separate from the house for sure.

Hodge
2nd April 2024, 03:57 PM
Well we had an interesting morning. Laying in bed wide awake since 2:30am listening to the rain that’s hammering down and not being able to sleep, coz that’s what I do every night, lol. Anyhoo just after 4:30am I hear a few thuds outside. My bedroom window faces the two neighbouring backyards. One has a tin shed, the other has a chook pen with a tin roof with a small room built on that.
So I think the thuds are just possums doing their annoying thing, then a second later where here this massive bang and our room lights up to near daylight. I look out the window and the chook shed if fully engulfed.
Turns out the chook shed had a solar panel charging a lithium battery.
Firey’s are called and I’m just trying to stop everything else from burning. No way my garden hose was gonna stop this.
Fook they burn hot.

Bloody scary young Mark. At least a shed and not a home, or someone's life.
If I had a coin for every fire I got called upon lately, by the legends MFB/CFA to drop the power service, due a "E" something fire, I'd be owning a Y62 by now.

mudnut
21st April 2024, 02:08 PM
Just bought an old FG 6 cylinder Falcon and drove it home from the big smoke. Seems mechanically ok, but noticed a few more interior and body quirks. In the middle of merging onto the highway the F'n thing deafens me with chimes. It took my concentration away just to tell me I need a rest after 2 hours of driving. What a joke. There were inputs into the controls, at the time. Lucky the traffic was light!

Plasnart
12th May 2024, 08:40 PM
Did this place just have a heart murmur? Sort of missed a beat there for a few minutes.

AB
14th May 2024, 07:43 PM
Did anyone watch the “Mr Russell” murder on ACA just now in the Vic High Country?

Interesting story from him on what happened.

BrazilianY60
14th May 2024, 09:37 PM
This was posted blank, if I can edit it now, then it worked.

ab-test
15th May 2024, 08:01 AM

AB
15th May 2024, 08:07 AM
dfsfd ddfd fdfddf fd

AB
15th May 2024, 08:07 AM
fdfdfd dfdf fdfdfd df

AB
15th May 2024, 08:08 AM
ab test dvvcg gd dd

AB
15th May 2024, 08:08 AM
AB jxjckfkfkdjsjshd

AB
15th May 2024, 08:10 AM
Can someone else post something to see if its working on their side too?

Something happened last night, the tech company put the php version up to 7.4 which killed any kind of posting, I just put it back to 5.5 and I think its working again.

Tappa seems to be working again too.

Cremulator
15th May 2024, 08:25 AM
I'm just reading this now, posting using Tapatalk.

PeeBee
15th May 2024, 09:16 AM
The forum fired up fine this morning on my laptop pc.

Plasnart
15th May 2024, 09:17 AM
From my iPad on Safari.

PeeBee
15th May 2024, 09:53 PM
Cannot get the .jpg images to display - anyone else having this issue? @AB

BrazilianY60
15th May 2024, 10:14 PM
Seems ok now. Yesterday anything I posted would be erased and a blank post left in its place. Even PMs were not working.

PeeBee
15th May 2024, 10:24 PM
Seems ok now. Yesterday anything I posted would be erased and a blank post left in its place. Even PMs were not working.

Something strange going on, I have two posts today with images, both wont display, have erased the originals and re-attached, still not showing, will leave it to the guru's to sort.

AB
16th May 2024, 07:47 AM
https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/05/25.jpg
Test test test

AB
16th May 2024, 07:48 AM
https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/05/26.jpg
Jsiddj djsjdke test

AB
16th May 2024, 09:25 AM
Sorry folks, I think I have now fixed this issue.

The server was just hanging onto too many requests for some reason and it just maxed out.

PeeBee
16th May 2024, 11:02 AM
OK, tried it again, not happening, I surrender, must be at my end.

ab-test
16th May 2024, 12:41 PM
TEST AB dffd gfg fg

AB
16th May 2024, 12:49 PM
https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2024/05/27.jpg

AB
16th May 2024, 02:01 PM
https://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88058&stc=1