PDA

View Full Version : New Member

akClint
31st December 2020, 06:22 AM
Hi All, I just purchased my first Patrol in Reykjavik, Iceland and planning to do a bit of exploring over the next couple of years. I've never owned a Patrol before, so I figured I should join a group that knows a thing or two. About my rig, it's a 2008 sitting on 40's, ARB in front and stock in the rear. I believe geared to 5.42 since they used to run 44's for the Icefield tours. I'll be far removed from service once I'm out, so I'm hoping to find all the information I can about repairing these vehicles before the summer season starts.
Thanks,
Clint

MB
31st December 2020, 07:38 AM
Welcome aboard from abroad Clint Mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
31st December 2020, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
31st December 2020, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Stropp
31st December 2020, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the forum

akClint
31st December 2020, 08:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm loving the Patrol so far. Only had one major scare after I failed to remove all the ice from the backside of the rims/tires before I hit the highway (and probably all the steering linkages for that matter - after taking this photo). The death wobble kicked in at 70kmh. That's an experience I won't forget and a lesson learned, fortunately, the drive went back to normal once all that was cleared off.

akClint
31st December 2020, 09:32 PM
Big question for me is what spares parts/specialty tools do people take with them on long trips? I'd be curious to know what/if any part failures are common for these vehicles. I know I need to take additional wheel bearings, belts and hoses but wondering if I should be aware of anything else. I have the 3.0L backed by the automatic transmission, stock drivetrain (other than the ARB in front and different gearing). Fortunately I have the spanner socket for the front hub.

growler2058
31st December 2020, 11:46 PM
G’day mate welcome aboard.
Beasty looking rig mate.