PDA

View Full Version : Things in life change mmm?

Stropp
13th December 2020, 07:43 PM
Hi guys well I have retired, sold the business and looking for another 4wd as the big ftruck has gone so I知 looking for a diesel preferably a td42tdi or possibly a y62, also I will be gracing the Victorians with my presence part time as although I have retired I am doing a job part time for a mate driving a truck out of Geelong so Darren look out 😋. Work 16 to 18 days a month and then the rest of the time will be mine to ride (as I知 bringing a Harley over) and would love to do a few high country trips as well so if anyone knows a decent vehicle let me know. I start in Geelong on the 25th feb and will be about until the 1st when I head to Canberra.

04OFF
13th December 2020, 08:16 PM
Fist of all, congrats on staying alive long enough to semi retire (no matter how old or young that is).

What do you want from a car with regard to your future, i ask, as to me a TD42 and a 62 seem like a world apart, and not 2 cars that i would compare on the same page, both have good and bad points, but i think it will come down to what "your" needs and wants are ?

Stropp
13th December 2020, 09:37 PM
I知 68 and want a reliable td42tdi well fitted out but I would settle for a y62 if I can稚 get a decent td42tdi mostly short trips for a week or so but able to tour

Plasnart
13th December 2020, 09:42 PM
Gday Stroppy, will you be driving east/west to combine Vic/WA lives, or moving here east for the time being?

MB
14th December 2020, 07:23 AM
Congratulations on selling the business and semi retirement Stropp Mate[emoji106][emoji106]
We’ll start putting our feelers out for some local trucks maybe available, does it have to be a wagon and does it have to be a GU series? There’s possibly the tidiest GQ white coily ute coming onto the local market soon. Full ground up rebuild, no crazy lift, intercooler/pump upgrades but not excessive. I have no idea of its price yet, just noticed it getting a service at the mechanics next door and he mentioned the owner was considering selling. My single only criticism of it would the big bonnet scoop for top mount IC gives it away to the boys in blue as they know GQ’s weren’t turbo’d. Could well be engineered with papers too though as he appears to have done everything else to perfection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
14th December 2020, 08:17 AM
Congrats Stropp. Look forward to catching up mate.

growler2058
14th December 2020, 09:19 PM
Onya Stropp. We all come back to troll life eventually ay hahahaha.

MB
14th December 2020, 09:36 PM
“How to load a Harley into a GQ steel tray back Aussie ute” :-)

https://youtu.be/MlKNxId9y0Q

MB
14th December 2020, 10:03 PM
Hells Bells, please do Stropp haul our AVO Mate back over too every other year with his dark train to properly smoke us Mexicans out tray back shenanigans atop [emoji3577][emoji106][emoji106]

https://youtu.be/RZM8jNzS3F8

Avo
14th December 2020, 10:25 PM
Sell one of ya harleys mate n step I to a 62,should have let ya flog mine around a bit...doggy had a drive already n loved it

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

pearcey
14th December 2020, 10:48 PM
Sell one of ya harleys mate n step I to a 62,should have let ya flog mine around a bit...doggy had a drive already n loved it

Ofcourse doggy had a drive , it`s your misses truck, you didn`t have a say.

Avo
15th December 2020, 12:10 AM
No need to be a arsehole about it

Stropp
15th December 2020, 05:01 PM
I知 doing fifo to Geelong from Perth but I can choose to spend time off in Victoria or travelling around the eastern states

Stropp
15th December 2020, 05:02 PM
Mate I would prefer a wagon but if I see a ute with or without a canopy that ticks the boxes then yes but it would need lots of mods

Woof
15th December 2020, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah that's right, piss off over East and leave us for your new Besties

Avo
15th December 2020, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah that's right, piss off over East and leave us for your new BestiesYou still have us......we love you

Stropp
16th December 2020, 02:15 AM
Oh yeah that's right, piss off over East and leave us for your new Besties

Yes well they love me not like you 😞😞

Stropp
16th December 2020, 06:26 PM
Posted for sale last night bought it for 32k this morning, he had a queue of people wanting to see it, early bird gets the patrol �� 8264982650

Winnie
16th December 2020, 06:36 PM
Wow that was fast. Congratulations Stropp, I hope it is good to you.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Woof
16th December 2020, 06:37 PM
Yes well they love me not like you 😞😞

To all Stroppys new besties..........................beware, he has a habit of hiding other peoples keys and pretending to be asleep, just ask Avo :smilie_bett:

MB
16th December 2020, 07:12 PM
Congratulations Stropp, Great Truck [emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks for the Team heads up Woof Mate!
Last we met with AVO Mate over in our Mexican Alps it was him wisely asleep with Mr Pearcey’s van keys hidden storing our bottles much needed for 6:30pm supper time toasts, early to bed, early to rise [emoji23]

Avo
16th December 2020, 11:26 PM
To all Stroppys new besties..........................beware, he has a habit of hiding other peoples keys and pretending to be asleep, just ask Avo :smilie_bett:Yep beware...he's a cunt

Avo
16th December 2020, 11:28 PM
Congratulations Stropp, Great Truck [emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks for the Team heads up Woof Mate!
Last we met with AVO Mate over in our Mexican Alps it was him wisely asleep with Mr Pearcey’s van keys hidden storing our bottles much needed for 6:30pm supper time toasts, early to bed, early to rise [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI only went to bed early so I had some alcoholic disinfectant for the next days medicine from your alpine fleas me think to be correct

MB
16th December 2020, 11:55 PM
Too True Brother[emoji23]
Except Mr Pearcey is South Australian not Australian South [emoji106][emoji106]

Stropp
17th December 2020, 11:20 AM
To all Stroppys new besties..........................beware, he has a habit of hiding other peoples keys and pretending to be asleep, just ask Avo :smilie_bett:

You wanker 😜

Stropp
18th December 2020, 12:17 AM
Well I知 90% packed ready for a trip east for Xmas, see how this beastie goes, I知 looking forward to it.

Plasnart
18th December 2020, 12:40 AM
Well I’m 90% packed ready for a trip east for Xmas, see how this beastie goes, I’m looking forward to it.

Rock on bro! See you on the other side.

Rossco
18th December 2020, 05:49 PM
Yay, good work Stropp, he who hesitates is lost, looks like an absolute beautie sure it hammers. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MB
18th December 2020, 09:01 PM
Safe cruising wishes Stropp [emoji123][emoji106]
Radiator pressure test first with backup belts & hoses should suffice a TD42 crossing Brother [emoji41][emoji106][emoji106]
Watch out for that Horny Sheila midway, pack a gift set of Kangaroo undies for her Christmas pressie and you’ll be as safe as houses, hopefully [emoji120]

Stropp
20th December 2020, 11:03 PM
Safe cruising wishes Stropp [emoji123][emoji106]
Radiator pressure test first with backup belts & hoses should suffice a TD42 crossing Brother [emoji41][emoji106][emoji106]
Watch out for that Horny Sheila midway, pack a gift set of Kangaroo undies for her Christmas pressie and you値l be as safe as houses, hopefully [emoji120]

Ha ha the bitch had done a runner because of COVID so I had to wear the undies myself 😝

Stropp
20th December 2020, 11:07 PM
82665Arrived in pt augusta after a quick dash across and down to pt Lincoln the patrol ran faultlessly, this one was at ceduna beachfront caravan park, note the spare wheel bag ��

MB
20th December 2020, 11:12 PM
Crikey, you’re on a record breaking mission time wise there Stropp!
What happened to your Redback Rooftop bag, too fast, blew off ? [emoji23]

Plasnart
20th December 2020, 11:30 PM
82665Arrived in pt augusta after a quick dash across and down to pt Lincoln the patrol ran faultlessly, this one was at ceduna beachfront caravan park, note the spare wheel bag ��

You didn't swag it at airport caravan park? Woos! :D

Hodge
21st December 2020, 08:43 AM
Great to read you again Stropp.

Stropp
22nd December 2020, 10:32 AM
You didn't swag it at airport caravan park? Woos! :D

Nah at the beachfront park, no way I was going to sleep on the side of the road in ceduna on a Saturday night 😝