PDA

View Full Version : Rd2.8 won’t fire with key

Errol jarrett
9th December 2020, 03:01 PM
Hi guys I need some help please, I’m only new to this site but I have gotten so much from reading your forums, so a little while ago I had dramas hot starting so I replaced the advanced plate on the injection pump, Nissan replace it for me, they also told me it had a Nat code that went when they replaced the plate, now a few weeks later and it won’t fire with the key but will if I roll start it and drives normal, Nissan has told me I need to replace the pump now, I’m not to sure as I rebuilt the motor pump and injectors 50k ago, can someone please help me on what they think I should do it will be greatly appreciated

mudski
9th December 2020, 04:10 PM
Sound electrical to me. do the 2.8's run a fuel shutoff solenoid on the pump?

mudnut
9th December 2020, 04:13 PM
Does the starter sound slow? It could be poling (rubbing on the field piece )

Errol jarrett
9th December 2020, 04:22 PM
It has a fuel cut solenoid, I’m not to sure where it is maybe on the pump, what would it look like, I just picked it up from Nissan roll started it, run normal and I drove it 30km home and it didn’t miss abeat

Errol jarrett
9th December 2020, 04:23 PM
It doesn’t at all sounds normal, they started it with start ya barstard earlier today and it took bit but fired

mudski
10th December 2020, 04:29 PM
Type this into google, I'm sure you'll find something.
rd28 fuel cut solenoid

MB
10th December 2020, 07:47 PM
G’day Errol Mate!
I don’t know anything about the old faithful heard RD2.8 diesel and even less about electrical stuff. Are you 100% sure there’s no air sneaking into your diesel fuel line system on such and old beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeti's Beast
12th December 2020, 07:40 PM
Weird that it roll starts and runs fine. That should cross out the fuel solenoid shouldn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MB
13th December 2020, 03:05 AM
Wacky theory, maybe try getting your Mrs to turn the key cranking whilst you hold a diesel soaked rag around the shed air compressor line you’ve just shoved down its filler pipe?
Pressurise that old system up with your 3rd/4th & 5th pinkies blocking tank breatherers [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk