PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Gauges

Wench
9th December 2020, 01:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

newby to the group here

I want to get hubby couple new tyre gauges for chrissy so my question is this - normal dial or digital + are any brands better than others and is there anything else I need to consider?

Where would be best place to buy local.

Thank you in advance for your help.

BillsGU
9th December 2020, 03:52 PM
I would get him a gauge and tyre deflator in one - usually they are not digital, so no batteries and such to worry about. Most 4WD shops (such as ARB) will have them. Cheap Chinese ones work like you would expect cheap chinese ones to work (not well and not for long in many cases).

Dhuck
9th December 2020, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Wench
10th December 2020, 11:53 AM
Hi BillsGU

Thanks for the feedback :smiley_thumbs_up: Will head to local ARB

Wench
10th December 2020, 11:54 AM
Thanks Dhuck :cheers:

MudRunnerTD
10th December 2020, 12:43 PM
hahaha, I have called my wife Wench for 20 years. Pet name. welcome. I use a digital gauge and an ARB Ezi Deflator (2 items) and have done for the better part of 20 years and it works great for me. Welcome to the forum.

MB
10th December 2020, 08:11 PM
G’day Wench Mate!
If you really want to get some Christmas [emoji319] spirit happening for Old Faithful Mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Pop into Bunnings and grab below:

#JFlex 9m hose reel.
#JFlex Auto tyre inflater.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/12/51.jpg

Upon departing Bunnings swing past your nearest ARB and grab these to run them:

#’Twin air compressor.
#12v to 240v power inverter.

Not sure how many kids you two have together but hopefully two too.
One little gift fridge from eldest and another little gift freezer from youngest should do the trick!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/12/52.jpg

Failing all this guff, as BillsGU & Mudrunnertd kindly mention, ARB for a basic (overpriced) but replacement Australia wide friendly pouch kit will surely put a smile on his 25th December dial [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shakey55
11th December 2020, 07:22 AM
This is the one I have had for years.

Tyre pressure gauge and deflator. It’s a beauty and recommend.

https://bushranger.com.au/product/tyre-deflator-gauge/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wench
14th December 2020, 07:09 PM
Hey MudRunnerTD

Yes is my pet name too (35yrs) :-)
We have stynes? to deflate - will go to ARB and check digital gauges

Thanks for your advise

Wench
14th December 2020, 07:11 PM
Hey MB

That's one hell of a set up :-) but don't have the room unfortunately.

so looks like I am ARB bound for my man

thanks for the advise

Wench
14th December 2020, 07:13 PM
Hey shakey55

will have a gander at this one too

thanks for the advise.

MB
14th December 2020, 07:22 PM
Pretty sure Wench Mate that ARB stores also stock Shakey55 ‘s kind suggestion too. Thinking they might be brand somehow connected financially behind the scenes but at least you can hopefully see both options in a single store visit [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasnart
14th December 2020, 08:05 PM
Have recently re-discovered the beauty of my old Staun deflators. I bought them years ago and used them for a few years but then moved on to the Currie guage/deflator. Last few trips I've got a bit over the work involved (screw onto valve stem - unscrew valve - deflate - screw valve back in - unscrew from stem, repeat x 4 tyres). I recently screwed the Stauns back on and wondered why I ever went away from them! OK so maybe a couple of minutes longer to deflate with the Stauns, and maybe a couple of PSI difference between tyres but not really a problem for a day out and easily adjusted. I'm over the cramped fingers and sore knees from the other way.