PDA

View Full Version : Dazed and Confused

TNSafariTD42
20th November 2020, 01:16 AM
Hello everyone,

Great forum and members. I'm joining from Nashville, Tennessee in the states.

Just bought a Japanese market '91 Safari with the 4.2L diesel and approximately 173,000KM. Runs great and in good shape from what I can tell. Primary issue is getting information, especially with a 12-digit VIN and everything in Japanese. My expectation when purchasing is that this is identical to the equivalent Patrol besides all of the Safari badging (not a huge fan, but will keep it original for now). This is going to be my son's driver in a year or so.

Interesting how easy it is to get conflicting info. Have a Haynes manual that says it holds 9.2L of oil (including filters), but I'm almost certain it's 11L (just an example). So, I've come to the experts. First time posting/using a forum of any type, so thanks in advance for your patience.

Cheers,
Brian

MB
20th November 2020, 05:13 AM
G’day Brian, Welcome Aboard From Abroad Mate!
Spent a few days working in Chattanooga years back, beautiful part of the world you’ve got there [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
20th November 2020, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

growler2058
20th November 2020, 11:24 AM
G’day mate welcome aboard. Yep the Patrol is a Safari in Japan

Cuppa
21st November 2020, 09:26 AM
Welcome, my 4.2 ('06, GU) holds 10.5 litres of oil according to the books, but depending upon it's mood at the time will accept between 10.5 & 11 litres.