PDA

View Full Version : GU windscreen washers !

Tip12345
4th November 2020, 09:29 AM
Hi all is it a feature or a fault ?
The washers on the bonnet ! the drivers side work well but the passengers side are crap. I have cleaned the jets out and soaked in Clr etc but can get much on the passengers side . is there some sort of restrictor missing .

mudnut
4th November 2020, 12:36 PM
Probably just a lot of crud built up that keeps blocking it up. You might have to clean the lines all the way back to the bottle.

mudski
4th November 2020, 09:57 PM
There’s a plastic T piece on the underside of the hood. This might be blocked or split. But it would leak if it was split. More than likely a blockage between the T and the nozzle. More than likely the nozzle is rooted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pollenface
4th November 2020, 11:31 PM
Keep a sewing pin in the ashtray and poke them when the clog up. They get calcified.

I also run metho in the water, it smells less toxic then windscreen washer stuff, does a good job and stops the algae/bacteria from brewing.

I actually haven't seen metho on the shelves since covid.

Whatever you do, don't fill the washer bottle with apple cider, I did once and a month later I regretted it.

Moistyz
12th December 2020, 12:19 PM
I was experiencing the same thing ended up removing the washer motor cleanjng as best I could and replaced the lines and tpiece and somewhere along the way fixed them.

Using a bit of diluted CLR and pumping through the washer motor helped clean mine up a considerable amount. Hope that helps 👌

mudski
14th December 2020, 02:59 PM
Whatever you do, don't fill the washer bottle with apple cider, I did once and a month later I regretted it.

Say what?! Why?

pollenface
15th December 2020, 11:08 PM
Say what?! Why?

It smelled horrible and didn't really assist in washing the windscreen. Live and learn I suppose...

mudski
16th December 2020, 06:48 AM
It smelled horrible and didn't really assist in washing the windscreen. Live and learn I suppose...

Im just trying to comprehend why one would even think of using apple cider vinegar in the first place. :wink:

Brissieboy
16th December 2020, 08:49 AM
Im just trying to comprehend why one would even think of using apple cider vinegar in the first place. :wink:

Ran out of Bundy?

mudski
16th December 2020, 09:43 AM
Ran out of Bundy?

:trink13:..........

MB
16th December 2020, 09:37 PM
Ran out of Bundy?

Pure GOLD Brissieboy Mate [emoji23]
Jose Cuervo Gold apparently works better than its cheaper White bug remover variant from Aldi stockists.
Drunken highway seasonal grain Galahs appear to become very messy windscreen addicted to the White shiit too[emoji2961]
Nuffy MB Tip: Always carry a say ‘Powerade’ bottle or two with clean H2O inside for unfortunate higher volume manual squirter needs sometimes required whilst rolling out there [emoji106][emoji106]

MB
16th December 2020, 09:48 PM

Back when I was an honorary member of the CWA I was tought the amazing cleaning properties of vinegar Mudski Mate!
Makes total sense to give the Apple variant at least a try I agree [emoji106][emoji106]

mudski
17th December 2020, 07:10 AM
Back when I was an honorary member of the CWA I was tought the amazing cleaning properties of vinegar Mudski Mate!
Makes total sense to give the Apple variant at least a try I agree [emoji106][emoji106]

I get the vinegar bit mate, the apple cider I don't. Maybe he was after the fresh apple smell on the windscreen....

MB
17th December 2020, 07:18 AM
Apple Cider Vinegar is truly awesome for pickling Yabbys too the Ladies tought me [emoji23][emoji106]

mudnut
17th December 2020, 09:48 AM
Ran out of Bundy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xR0h6FGCBY

pollenface
17th December 2020, 10:25 AM

Never said anything about vinegar.

It was alcoholic apple cider. I was 18, drunk and refilling my washer bottle. Good times :)

mudski
17th December 2020, 01:51 PM
Never said anything about vinegar.

It was alcoholic apple cider. I was 18, drunk and refilling my washer bottle. Good times :)

Haha! makes it even more intriguing!

threedogs
23rd December 2020, 08:33 AM
X2 with pollenface, I keep a sewing needle in my dash mat,
I use it to direct to flow of water to where I want it.
The "tom cats" are like a ball socket so easy to adjust