PDA

View Full Version : Gq and maverick value.

backtracks
24th October 2020, 08:12 PM
I hope I’m not repeating a previous thread, it’s been a while since I’ve posted.
Has the price of a gq bottomed ? Is the price of a good gq on the rise ?
I’ve driven an rb30 for 20 years and I like it, despite its short comings. Now I’m thinking of buying my parents one owner Maverick ( petrol , sadly ). Rust free, totally awesome interior, a few car park knocks. I’m thinking it will take 4-5k or so for roadworthy and bringing it up to spec. I’ll pay 4K for it. So , for 8k or so, am I dreaming ? Am I throwing money away ? I’m hoping it’s money well spent. What do people think?

mudnut
24th October 2020, 08:20 PM
How long is a piece of string? I paid for my RB30 to be rebuilt and it now goes like a cut cat and gets 13.5 to 14.8/100ks but the vehicle is still only worth 4-6 grand to any buyer.
What is wrong with your current Patrol?

backtracks
24th October 2020, 08:33 PM
I’m greedy. I will have both. The rb30 just can’t tow a decent caravan. I’m hoping the mav will tow a 2200 kg van. The rb30 will be the desert cart.🤞

mudnut
24th October 2020, 08:46 PM
Check the towball weight of the van. All the GQs have a very low allowable towball down force, even though it can tow 2200kg.

To tow a van that close to the maximum limit, you would do better investing in a GU which has a much higher towball and tow weight rating.

mudnut
24th October 2020, 08:51 PM
I have been searching for vans that have the correct ratings for the GQ, and honestly, I think upgrading to a newer vehicle is my only option, too.

MudRunnerTD
24th October 2020, 09:34 PM
No they are holding pretty well. At the moment covid tax has seen a spike in value. It will 100% come down to what motor it has in it?