PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake Adjustment with rear disc brakes?

gwmbox
18th October 2020, 03:18 PM
Hi guys, I have read on here a few posts about the handbrake adjustment where there is a park brake shoes for adjustment. I'm either blind or what is being described is not there :(

My 2000 TB45 has rear disc brakes.

Anyone have a picture of what I need to be looking for, or better yet a video on how to go about this?

The images here are what I am seeing as a possible where I may need to adjust (pardon the covered in red dust)?

Cheers

Greg

Deano2506
18th October 2020, 03:33 PM
Handbrake adjustment is on the back of your gearbox as thats the handbrake.
The other pic you have is the brake bias valve....don't fiddle with it

MudRunnerTD
18th October 2020, 03:46 PM
Yes as stated that is the rear brake proportioning or bias valve. Dont touch it unless you have a bias issue.

The hand brake on a Patrol is an old school drum brake between the gear box and rear tail shaft. There are a couple of holes in it for you to wind the adjusters.

gwmbox
18th October 2020, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys, I'm looking in the wrong place lol, cheers

nipagu7
18th October 2020, 03:48 PM
no , your looking at the wrong thing . the hand brake is a drum brake arrangement on the rear of the gear box , and usually there is a hole that you stick a screw driver thru and move an adjustment wheel . ( i have not had to do this yet so i am not sure of the exact arrangement there ) . there is also an adjustment at the hand brake lever inside the cab , look into the handbrake slot towards the front of the car and you should see thread with a nut ( 10 mm i think , use a socket ) . only do it up enough to do the job or you may wear the pads to quickly or stretch the cable

gwmbox
18th October 2020, 04:09 PM
Found it lol, will need to get two more rubber bungs as mined perished removing them :)

gwmbox
18th October 2020, 04:12 PM
Where can i buy the plugs from? what are they called to search for other than rubber plug ;)

found them at patrolapart

gwmbox
18th October 2020, 04:34 PM
All done, I have a working handbrake :)