PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Failure

Anthony.D
17th October 2020, 05:13 PM
Lost of all warning lights on dash, engine is dead.. suddenly died when idling.. has fuel, all fuses are intact, changed battery, did have air conditioner problems prior.. blower motor stop working.. replaced the resistor with a second hand one also cleaned and oiled the blower motor.. did work.. but only when it wanted to.. warning lights did come on.. hand brake, sub tank and a/t oil temp.. had technicians recently install an after market stereo.. looking into replacing the alternator..
Any suggestions.? Please advise.. Thank you.

PeeBee
17th October 2020, 05:32 PM
Check the fuses under the bonnet. they are on the drivers side in line with the brake master cylinder and next to the battery. The big grey/brown one, 80amp i think could be the culprit. Also, there are 2 motor control fuses in the fuse box under the driver side footwell inside the car - make sure neither is blown, and ensure the fuses are pushed home and firm.

mudnut
17th October 2020, 06:18 PM
If work has just been done, look at the new wiring. Maybe they crossed wires or something.

paulyg
19th October 2020, 05:03 PM
Does the glow plug light stay on? if it does that's an ECU problem, you could try wiggling the connector to the ECU.

Fusionrr
11th November 2020, 07:29 PM
I'd recommending checking earth on body/chassis and battery post. I had trouble for 6 months before I did a resistance measurement between negative battery post and chassis.
Had a dodgy terminal clamp.