PDA

View Full Version : y61 bonnet scoop

timbo2410
1st October 2020, 05:22 PM
Has anybody tried the Big Mouth bonnet scoop made by Mr Bodykits? are they any good? Can they be painted? any temp differences after?

MB
1st October 2020, 09:48 PM
Keen to see/learn what they are Timbo Mate!
Have you got a picture or linky of one?
Cheers Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timbo2410
2nd October 2020, 12:11 AM
try this:
https://mrbodykits.com.au/collections/bonnet-scoop/products/mr-big-mouth-replacement-bonnet-scoop-suit-nissan-patrol-gu-series-intercooler-inatke-scoop?variant=31245105332302
I have messaged them to ask if it is the type of plastic that wont take paint and they assure me it can be painted without issues ..

PeeBee
2nd October 2020, 09:39 AM
Timbo, I am sure any spray paint shop can sell you an etching undercoat for this if you are concerned. There is a product I use around the house call BIN 22 and it allows you to paint anything except liquid! Its incredible stuff, hellishly expensive, get it at any good paint shop. I used it recently to treat the ARB lightbar prior to changing colour from red to Black, and that plastic material is very hard and shiny. The additional height only probably won't give you much additional airflow though, there are numerous articles with airstream testing on bonnets done over the years - might pay to seek there out before spending the coin unless you are nadly in love with the look!

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2020, 12:04 PM
Timbo, I am sure any spray paint shop can sell you an etching undercoat for this if you are concerned. There is a product I use around the house call BIN 22 and it allows you to paint anything except liquid! Its incredible stuff, hellishly expensive, get it at any good paint shop. I used it recently to treat the ARB lightbar prior to changing colour from red to Black, and that plastic material is very hard and shiny. The additional height only probably won't give you much additional airflow though, there are numerous articles with airstream testing on bonnets done over the years - might pay to seek there out before spending the coin unless you are nadly in love with the look!

BIN 22 was a great blend of Shiraz and Cab Sav, fruity tinge with a wood base with peppery tones......

Wait!! Wrong forum. Carry on.