PDA

View Full Version : $165,000 GU Patrol!

Cuppa
28th September 2020, 08:53 PM
https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/items/details/2013-nissan-patrol/SSE-AD-6626154/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-6626154&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-6626154&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

jack
28th September 2020, 08:58 PM
Upgrading from the TVan?

jay see
28th September 2020, 09:17 PM
Impressive.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2020, 09:25 PM
That is A LOT of Car!!!

Rossco
28th September 2020, 09:28 PM
And a lot of money. . [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rossco
28th September 2020, 09:30 PM
Pretty cool, I'd change the bullbar but. . Not that I could anywhere afford the thing. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cuppa
28th September 2020, 09:31 PM
That is A LOT of Car!!!

Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle got tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.

Cuppa
28th September 2020, 09:34 PM
That is A LOT of Car!!!

Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle for tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.
The motor would be nice, but for that sort of money I reckon I'd rather have a half decent Iveco Daily 4x4

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2020, 10:27 PM
Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle got tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.
The motor would be nice, but for that sort of money I reckon I'd rather have a half decent Iveco Daily 4x4

Yeah initially I thought he was on Crack! Clearlt a lot of coin dropped on that build. But I agree, for the coin I would have gone a Truck for sure. I wonder what his Build price was if he is looking for $165k now.

An Earth Cruiser or Iveco for the win.

PeeBee
29th September 2020, 10:12 AM
Its a barge alright. Looks like its set up more for GVM/GCM expansion to me - there is a shot of it with a trailer and what looks like a Mustang on the back. I am guessing 5m into the sand it would be sitting on its belly. There was a guy in the Landcruiser Club many years ago who had stretched a Nissan MQ to a 4wd plus lazy axle for towing a horse float - was on a club trip - pretty easy one, Mt Wellington, Higgins Yard Howitt High Plains - and that thing was a total pain for him on the tracks, too long and constantly getting hung up with no drive as the rear set of wheels would hold the centre axle off the road - different I know to this beast. He only went on one trip, never saw him again. Quality of build looks great though, like a lot of the functionality, and that motor trans combo would be great also.

mudnut
29th September 2020, 06:21 PM
Probably sunk that amount of dough into it so wants to recoup some of it, at that price. Needing a light truck license is a bit of a pain, too.

Cuppa
29th September 2020, 10:50 PM
for the coin I would have gone a Truck for sure. I wonder what his Build price was if he is looking for $165k now.

An Earth Cruiser or Iveco for the win.

Problem is an Earthcruiser is double that amount and a fully kitted expedition Ivecos like a Scrubmaster or a White Rhino much the same, & used ones on the market are that rare that they still come in at way above the $165k mark.

Mind you that figure would buy a superb OKA based camper with a fresh Cummins 5.9l turboed intercooled diesel six & all the mechanical fruit. Older but computer & sensor free, more reliable & forever rebuildable like a Landrover.

Wizard52
30th September 2020, 01:52 PM
A lunatic mate of mine late last year spent $210,000 and counting on a brand new 200 series then before registering it ,chopped, stretched by 750mm, custom aluminium canopy.
Battery setup cost $9000. Fridge and freezer are same size as small bar fridges with a microwave on top as he can't cook so takes frozen meals everywhere. Because of current conditions, it has not been off the bitumen with about 5,000klm. He will never use it to its potential.
crazy

NicholasGA
1st October 2020, 06:57 AM
Hello, I read your blog occasionally, and I own a similar one, and I was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane, so any assistance is very much appreciated.

Jonesy_sa
3rd October 2020, 09:54 AM
I was looking at a Jaco Finch? (6x4 trailer sized camper with solid top and canvas) and thought it would be interesting to build storage on the back of a Ute then sit one ontop. An extremely budget version of the car above.

threedogs
3rd October 2020, 03:19 PM
Cuppa , I thought you added up all the things
you've done to your rig and came up with $165K

Cuppa
3rd October 2020, 10:11 PM
Cuppa , I thought you added up all the things
you've done to your rig and came up with $165K

Yeah, but I'll knock $66k off for you threedogs , & you can have it for a mere $99k. You know ya wanna Haha.