PDA

View Full Version : fuel leak

hekarewe
8th July 2011, 10:35 AM
this is the latest in my issues with the GU seams i have cracked number 4 injector line. went to the mechanic yesterday to confirm my suspissions who said he had never seen this happen to a gu 3lt before. so thought i would put it there to see if anyone else has had this issue my new line turns up on mondayso will be fixed next week but is a pain to get to the number 4 line.

Sir Roofy
8th July 2011, 10:41 AM
this is the latest in my issues with the gu seams i have cracked number 4 injector line. Went to the mechanic yesterday to confirm my suspissions who said he had never seen this happen to a gu 3lt before. So thought i would put it there to see if anyone else has had this issue my new line turns up on mondayso will be fixed next week but is a pain to get to the number 4 line.

mmmmmmmm havnt heard of this, hair line crack or busted open type?

hekarewe
9th July 2011, 12:32 AM
wont know for sure until i get it out next week when the new one arrives by the look of it it is split up in side the locking nut. it has a very long shaped nut which goes down over the the flange end of the fuel line onto the injector from what the mech could see it was dripping from the nut thankfully as he first thought it might have been leaking from the return line which would have meant a new head, as the return fuel line is cast into the head itself. and of cause it is the hardest one to get too being on number 4 right at the back of engine

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 12:39 AM
TOOOOONNNNNNY!!!!! One for your review mate ...

How bad is it Adrian? Something that can wait to be looked at next weekend?? (sorry for potentially making you work Tony!! lol ... ).

hekarewe
9th July 2011, 01:10 AM
TOOOOONNNNNNY!!!!! One for your review mate ...

How bad is it Adrian? Something that can wait to be looked at next weekend?? (sorry for potentially making you work Tony!! lol ... ).

bad!!!! used almost an extra 15 20 liters of fuel this week have the part on order and the mech will be doing it early nest week so being driven as little as possible

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 01:28 AM
bad!!!! used almost an extra 15 20 liters of fuel this week have the part on order and the mech will be doing it early nest week so being driven as little as possible

Fair enough too!! Sorry to hear old mate!

hekarewe
9th July 2011, 10:00 AM
yes to get to the fuel all the EGR system has to come off as well as the inter cooler and what ever is in the way of the fuel pump as number 4 goes to the back of the pump near the block could not have been a worse line to let go

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 11:02 AM
yes to get to the fuel all the EGR system has to come off as well as the inter cooler and what ever is in the way of the fuel pump as number 4 goes to the back of the pump near the block could not have been a worse line to let go

What a pain in the proverbial mate ... who's doing the work?

hekarewe
9th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Moorooka mechanical he is a memeber of the ipswicj 4wd club so he will look after me and do the right thing,,,,,, on the side note ARB pemrith are sending up a new motor for my winch all covered by warrenty woo hoo gets fitted on the 19th of july

Bigrig
9th July 2011, 11:26 AM
Moorooka mechanical he is a memeber of the ipswicj 4wd club so he will look after me and do the right thing,,,,,, on the side note ARB pemrith are sending up a new motor for my winch all covered by warrenty woo hoo gets fitted on the 19th of july

Good to hear on both counts mate!!!

Ben-e-boy
10th July 2011, 09:43 AM

Thats great news!!!!

hekarewe
16th July 2011, 08:26 PM
right so i got the green machine back yesterday from the mechanics and it is job done :bananarock:

so now for the out come the old fuel line to number 4 was put under preasure in water and showed no leaks!!!! how ever the end that attaches to the injector showed some unsual marks on the out side of it and the inner looks like it has ovalled out??? nil damaged showed on the end of the injector thank god so fitted new fuel line and no more leaks

mechanic has asked that i keep an eye on it but i think he has got it:clapping::clapping: and at a reasonable price too

growler2058
16th July 2011, 08:29 PM
Sh1t hot mate glad to hear it sounds like u got urself a good spanner man there

hekarewe
16th July 2011, 08:35 PM
good to have my baby back out the front of the house rather then the loaner hyunda exel RFLMO

patch697
17th July 2011, 01:22 AM
right so i got the green machine back yesterday from the mechanics and it is job done :bananarock:

so now for the out come the old fuel line to number 4 was put under preasure in water and showed no leaks!!!! how ever the end that attaches to the injector showed some unsual marks on the out side of it and the inner looks like it has ovalled out??? nil damaged showed on the end of the injector thank god so fitted new fuel line and no more leaks

mechanic has asked that i keep an eye on it but i think he has got it:clapping::clapping: and at a reasonable price too

Great news mate & I reckon you'd be tickled to have it back to.

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 08:25 AM
Great news mate & I reckon you'd be tickled to have it back to.

it just not right not being able to look out side and see baby out there LOL

Finly Owner
17th July 2011, 10:00 PM
Have had the flange nuts actually "crack" on machines at work, thankfully very rare, but, unusual things happen just to keep us on our toes I reckon.

Tim

hekarewe
17th July 2011, 10:11 PM
Have had the flange nuts actually "crack" on machines at work, thankfully very rare, but, unusual things happen just to keep us on our toes I reckon.

Tim

well i hope this never tries to keep me on my toes agian cost of fuel is to much to run around on tippy toes:animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f