PDA

View Full Version : Central locking 2012 GU Y61

bronk
8th September 2020, 09:46 PM
G'day..problem i have is, after a drive i push the lock button on the key fob and nothing happens so i lock the door manually with the key...after a day at work i can unlock and lock the doors with the key fob?? got me beet... have changed the battery in the key fob...any ideas on a fix appreciated

Cheers

jack
8th September 2020, 09:52 PM
G'day..problem i have is, after a drive i push the lock button on the key fob and nothing happens so i lock the door manually with the key...after a day at work i can unlock and lock the doors with the key fob?? got me beet... have changed the battery in the key fob...any ideas on a fix appreciated

Cheers

I've got the same model Patrol and never had an issue. I bought it new and haven't changed the batterier in either fob. Have you tried the second fob?

Plasnart
8th September 2020, 10:11 PM
I gave up on my fob years ago. Replaced batteries, helped for a bit, then problems again. I just use the key. No biggy for me. Couldnt be stuffed working through the fob issues. Probably a chinese accessory.

0-TJ-0
8th September 2020, 11:13 PM

Cheers

I had similar issues. I just replaced the receiver unit with an after market one which was like night and day. Cost about an hour or two and whatever the unit itself was worth.

I remember reading someone on here re-did or added earth straps between body and chassis chasing another issue and they noticed it improved the central locking as a side benefit.. Maybe it was Cremulator .. But I can't remember

BillsGU
8th September 2020, 11:38 PM
Replace it with a Jaycar remote circuit. Cheap and easy to do. There is a thread on here that explains how to do it.

Cremulator
8th September 2020, 11:49 PM
Yes, it was me. I added an underbody earth strap for my sub tank issues and it improved the range that the factory central locking worked from, but it was short lived. It's gone back to working from close range only again.

bronk
9th September 2020, 08:14 AM
Hi Jack...no not yet..but good idea..cheers

bronk
9th September 2020, 08:15 AM
Cheers Guru...will have a look into it

bronk
9th September 2020, 08:17 AM
Ok will sus it out..thank you BillGU

BillsGU
9th September 2020, 10:47 AM
This is the thread I was thinking of. It has lots of information. I used the Jaycar module and it works fine - every time!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes/page6&highlight=central+locking

10G
9th September 2020, 01:42 PM
Yes, it was me. I added an underbody earth strap for my sub tank issues and it improved the range that the factory central locking worked from, but it was short lived. It's gone back to working from close range only again.

Interesting. I'm stunned at how far away my remote works, I can stand on the opposite long end of a footy field and a bit further back and it still works.

BillsGU
9th September 2020, 02:09 PM
Interesting. I'm stunned at how far away my remote works, I can stand on the opposite long end of a footy field and a bit further back and it still works.

Until it doesn't.

Cremulator
10th September 2020, 02:44 PM
Interesting. I'm stunned at how far away my remote works, I can stand on the opposite long end of a footy field and a bit further back and it still works.I'm not sure if the frequency has anything to do with range or interference, but my key fob remote is 27mHz.
I went to get a second remote from a locksmith that does car keys and fobs and apparently 27mHz is too low for their machine to read and therefore can't code a second fob from my factory one.

bronk
24th September 2020, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone....i may have old timers.... tried the spare key and it worked fine...so i thought i'd check the battery in the key FOB i use, after opening up the FOB i could see that in fact I had not replaced the battery :oops: IDIOTO... quick trip to the supermarket got a new battery and replaced it..alla kazam great success, it worked.
thanks again for your help in my non issue
Cheers
Bronk

frsrwlkr
13th November 2020, 12:46 PM
27mhz is really low for this kind of thing - usaully 315hz or 433mhz. A lower number in mhz means longer wavelengths, therefore better penetration and range. The surrounding environment can do weird things with reflections and interference - check this story out https://www.rtl-sdr.com/solving-the-mystery-of-a-keyless-vehicle-entry-rf-deadspot-in-a-carpark-with-a-funcube-dongle/

pollenface
13th November 2020, 02:05 PM
My remote is half buggered, too many button presses in nearly 200,000.

I lock & unlock with the key.

The plus side is I'm not transmitting my lock/unlock signal to anyone dodgy who might be hanging around with a tool to read/replicate such signals to rob me of my vehicular contents. Call me mr paranoid, country dude who moved to the city and doesn't trust anyone.

TimE
13th November 2020, 02:25 PM
This is the thread I was thinking of. It has lots of information. I used the Jaycar module and it works fine - every time!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes/page6&highlight=central+locking

Also check out this thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?33275-Installation-of-Steel-Mate-386M-Central-Locking-Kit&p=752350#post752350 I also used the Jaycar unit and if I can fit it up anyone can! It has been working fine for the past 2 odd years.