PDA

View Full Version : Sliders

jay see
3rd September 2020, 09:50 PM
Came across these while looking through the roadrunner eBay store.

What do you reckon MudRunnerTD

I know that there not the same as what your looking at, but???

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114168358373

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
3rd September 2020, 10:19 PM
Came across these while looking through the roadrunner eBay store.

What do you reckon MudRunnerTD

I know that there not the same as what your looking at, but???

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114168358373

That is about the same price as I'm looking for what is in the ad. 8 am going with kickers which adds a little and the brackets for the chassis which are not listed there.

I am waiting on a guy in NSW to get me a freight price which he promised this week and I'm good to go.

Once the kit arrives I need to weld the mounts and also the tails for the front scrubs then powder coat.

Plasnart
3rd September 2020, 10:31 PM
Hey JC, my humble advice would be to infill those sliders with steel mesh or chequerplate tops to protect your sils from rotating sticks/branches/logs. They do get hung up in open sliders and create sil carnage. Personally I'd paint rather than powdercote anything that's subject to heavy scraping too. Easy to fix. Just my opinion.

jay see
3rd September 2020, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I would always cover them with something. This is on the list, but not a priority.

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2020, 12:45 AM
Hey JC, my humble advice would be to infill those sliders with steel mesh or chequerplate tops to protect your sils from rotating sticks/branches/logs. They do get hung up in open sliders and create sil carnage. Personally I'd paint rather than powdercote anything that's subject to heavy scraping too. Easy to fix. Just my opinion.

Yeah my GQ sliders have full cover checker on top and 1.6mm flat on the underside. Smooth. I will be doing the same for the GU. It is amazing how much damage is caused to sills by open sliders. My GQ on first rebuild have badly smashed sills in front of every cross brace on the sliders.

I don't disagree with your sentiment on paint over powder either and undecided. Touching up paint is easier for sure.

Rossco
4th September 2020, 12:22 PM
Why not powder coat and then just touch up with rattle can when they do get scrape. PC much more durable overall and will last much longer or am I missing something paint & powdercoat reacting or something?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plasnart
4th September 2020, 12:38 PM
Why not powder coat and then just touch up with rattle can when they do get scrape. PC much more durable overall and will last much longer or am I missing something paint & powdercoat reacting or something?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but painting over powdercoating reduces the chance of moisture ingress below damaged surfaces (scratch/crack, etc).

MB
5th September 2020, 08:06 PM
Either way Legends, grow old gracefully and scars proudly remind us of earlier life unfortunate events :-)
Sliders by definition and true usage unlike steps should probably be thrown away and replaced well before any detrimental rust could affect their structural integrity :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk