PDA

View Full Version : Long time stalker............

JT6
17th August 2020, 10:48 AM
G'day you lot.
I've been quietly gathering valuable info from here for a couple of years now. Time for an intro!

I'm a proud owner of a 94 TB42e mighty Q that I bought from a good mate of mine a few years back. Said mate did me a good deal on the ole girl. She's very neat and was very, VERY standard when I got her. Now she had been a second car for the previous owner and basically only made an appearance on Australia day at the beach each year.
Anyway Stewie (afore mentioned mate) is a bloody legend, however not really very mechanically minded and vehicle love, care and maintenance are foreign subjects. Since I've had her I have done all the standard stuff plugs, leads, coil etc. I've also cut out the factory GQ roof/gutter rust on the passenger side (the only rust she had), wet sanded and polished her up, replaced the factory suspension with a 2 inch lift, replaced a myriad of various bushings, replaced the tired old cooling system including the water pump, rad, thermostat and all hoses. Almost everything I've done has been a case of replacing tired parts before they became an issue.

Apart from the lift the car is fairly standard and thats how I plan to keep her.

Anyhow, I've picked up some awesome tips and insight from everyone here over time and will no doubt continue to do so.

Thanks Champions 😎🤘

mudnut
17th August 2020, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum.

AB
17th August 2020, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
17th August 2020, 07:09 PM
welcome to the forum mate

Bigcol
18th August 2020, 12:14 AM
welcome to the forum mate