PDA

View Full Version : Find out who is calling you and from where?

AB
6th July 2011, 08:27 PM
Someone showed me this site today and I thought I would share with anyone who may be trying to find out who is calling.

This is quite a dangerous site and could be used for evil so I would not be suprised if it gets taken off soon...lol

If you are chasing invoices and want to know where they live, this is the site for you!

If you, friend or or son/daughter are being harrased by someone phoning then this is the site for you!

So on and so on...

You need to sign in with your facebook account to see their exact address, their full name, etc....Again....Very dangerous!

The person who gave me this was sick of chasing invoices from non payers....Put their number (even mobiles work) into this site and he now has their full name and address and then rings their house number or pays them a visit.

This could also be great for pesty telemarketers...You can find out the company name who is constantly harassing you.

It's evil and invasive but it could be handy for some people!!!

http://www.reverseaustralia.com (http://www.reverseaustralia.com/)

Maxhead
6th July 2011, 09:04 PM
Very handy indeed. I could have used this a few times before for various reasons...LOL

the evil twin
7th July 2011, 01:18 AM
Good post cobber...

Reverse directories were readily available for a fee however Australias Privacy Laws have seen their demise except where "you" give up your number or fee for service.

For "Reverse Australia" you don't have to sign in to get a hit as its a troll site. You do have to enter a number that was known to face book or on other associated data otherwise if you go to the Reverse Australia Premium Site and send them money they will offer their 'premium service'.

Just for fun... My home phone gets one hit (dated April 2010) which is named as one of my brats, as does another brats mobile. None of our other Mobiles or work numbers get a hit. This is mostly due to were Reverse Australia can legally source their data.
Discontinued phone directory CDs, including those produced by DTMS, are one of the only means of conducting reverse number searches in Australia. DTMS CDs for sale are rare, although you may find copies at certain stores (usually at 10x its original retail price), or through online auctions such as eBay. Many Private Investigators and other organisations purchased CDs when publicly available, and still make use of them today. You may be able to locate an Investigator willing to conduct a reverse search for you, although this will undoubtably attract a fee. Note that the CDs are outdated, and their effectiveness reduces as each year passes.

It is reported that Sensis® will provide reverse searches to government agencies and other companies at their discretion.

Online reverse phone number searches may still be available online, however these are usually run as underground sites, and require password access. These also rely upon outdated data formerly found in CDs.

It is unlikely that we will see openly available reverse phone number searches available in Australia any time soon, due to restrictions on the use of IPND data. The Integrated Public Number Database (IPND) lists all Australian telephone numbers, and policy states that the data may not be used to provide a reverse search directory.

Yet another reason to be very wary of entering phone numbers into web based or social registrations

Reverse Australia
7th July 2011, 06:13 PM
Hi evil twin, I came across your post and wanted to jump in with a response. To any mods reading this, the intention is not to spam, bump, or upset anyone on the site, in any way!

For "Reverse Australia" you don't have to sign in to get a hit as its a troll site. You do have to enter a number that was known to face book or on other associated data otherwise if you go to the Reverse Australia Premium Site and send them money they will offer their 'premium service'.

You may be getting us confused with another site. We do not offer a "premium service" and we do not charge money for access to our site. We also do not get any of our data from facebook, and we do not harvest phone numbers from people who login with facebook.

If you are not logged in, and you do a search on our site, it will show you the first name on the record, and the suburb - only if we already have that information available. We really do have 14,560,829 numbers listed in our database - but there are many millions more. Carriers normally don't post mobile numbers in public databases.

It is unlikely that we will see openly available reverse phone number searches available in Australia any time soon, due to restrictions on the use of IPND data. The Integrated Public Number Database (IPND) lists all Australian telephone numbers, and policy states that the data may not be used to provide a reverse search directory.[/I]

The IPND is a sort of master directory. Services such as 000 use it, to identify the location of callers, even if they have a silent number. Although Telstra operates the IPND, the White Pages are not associated with it.

What this means, is that reverse searches done from the IPND are illegal. Reverse searches made from the White Pages are not illegal. We do not get any of our data from the IPND, and are therefore not illegal.

AB
7th July 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

How on earth did you find this post or where you looking at what sites have linked to you?

NissanGQ4.2
7th July 2011, 08:23 PM

How on earth did you find this post or where you looking at what sites have linked to you?

they are spying on you AB *LMAO*

Reverse Australia
7th July 2011, 08:51 PM

No worries, if I can answer any other questions, I'd be happy to do so.

A lot of times we show up on blogs, or in forums, there is a lot of misinformation posted. So we monitor our logs, and get alerts when new domains send more than a couple of visitors. Granted, a lot of sites think we "must" be stalking them lol

P.S. I'm also a Nissan fan, though I haven't owned a Patrol yet.

AB
7th July 2011, 08:58 PM
No worries, if I can answer any other questions, I'd be happy to do so.

A lot of times we show up on blogs, or in forums, there is a lot of misinformation posted. So we monitor our logs, and get alerts when new domains send more than a couple of visitors. Granted, a lot of sites think we "must" be stalking them lol

P.S. I'm also a Nissan fan, though I haven't owned a Patrol yet.

Your missing out mate, go buy one put up an introduction and join in the friendly community mate...lol

Reverse Australia
7th July 2011, 09:13 PM
Hehe we're based out of the states, so the closest I'd be able to get is a Pathfinder (I think). Maybe when I move back to Aus ;) I've been looking to get a Frontier or something similar.

Bigrig
7th July 2011, 09:18 PM
Hehe we're based out of the states, so the closest I'd be able to get is a Pathfinder (I think). Maybe when I move back to Aus ;) I've been looking to get a Frontier or something similar.

No Patrols in the US?? Little wonder everyone wants to fight them!!!! No taste!!! lmfao

Yendor
7th July 2011, 09:25 PM
Just goes to show, you never know who is watching!!!!!

Reverse Australia
7th July 2011, 09:29 PM
No Patrols in the US?? Little wonder everyone wants to fight them!!!! No taste!!! lmfao

lmao! Americans want their big, chunky, plastic cars, with twenty cup holders, big engines, and suspension from the sixties. I miss the car options in Australia, except the prices.

Too much like big brother for me. I'd go silent if Rev Aust became a regular. These people spook me.

Sorry to hear that. If you have any concerns, shoot them my way. If you are listed and want off, chuck us an email (keep in mind we process opt-outs about once a week right now).

Woof
7th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Too much like big brother for me. I'd go silent if Rev Aust became a regular. These people spook me.

I agree with you Plassy, I'm not comfortable as well...... leave it with me mate.

Clunk
8th July 2011, 01:09 AM
personally I think it's a bit disturbing how people can get your details and stick it on a database for all to see, with out asking your permission to do so................ very disturbing indeed.

patch697
8th July 2011, 01:11 AM
personally I think it's a bit disturbing how people can get your details and stick it on a database for all to see, with out asking your permission to do so................ very disturbing indeed.

Yeah im with you on that one mate freaks me out BIGTIME

Clunk
8th July 2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah im with you on that one mate freaks me out BIGTIME

it's bad enough with marketing companies calling everynight, god forbid if someone I knew got hold of my details!!!... lol

patch697
8th July 2011, 01:17 AM
it's bad enough with marketing companies calling everynight, god forbid if someone I knew got hold of my details!!!... lol

Do you remember them hand held air horns????.......... They work a treat...Take my word on it......ROFLMFAO

the evil twin
8th July 2011, 12:33 PM
Just goes to show, you never know who is watching!!!!!

Not too many years ago I worked as a Techy for a Commonwealth Gov Mob funded out of the Attorney Generals Dept ... it didn't take me very long to learn someone is ALWAYS watching, not 100% of the actions of 100% of the people 100% of the time but enough to be absolutey gob smacked on how electronic information is gathered. I don't mean just Feds or Goodies or Baddies as you won't know when or who you pop up with but all paranoia aside if you electronically store/log/send/recieve ANYTHING then it can/may be gathered or monitored.

'They' don't have to try hard to get it... Facebook, Utube, Twitter, Internet Forums etc etc... you are giving them the info as soon as you sign up... start inputting anything and it is available to whomsoever they choose to disseminate it too or even worse allow to filter their sites. Remember the recent blow ups in Court with Utube about images from withdrawn accounts still being available?

Just on Internet Forums... SMF only recently managed to shut down some widely used backdoors in their software that (once you accessed the host) allowed Global Admin Access including ability to extract Personal Message content.

Do you remember them hand held air horns????.......... They work a treat...Take my word on it......ROFLMFAO

Now, that I like... Ooops, no 'like' button... thought I was on Facebook for a minute there

the evil twin
8th July 2011, 12:45 PM
Hi evil twin, I came across your post and wanted to jump in with a response. To any mods reading this, the intention is not to spam, bump, or upset anyone on the site, in any way!

You may be getting us confused with another site. We do not offer a "premium service" and we do not charge money for access to our site. We also do not get any of our data from facebook, and we do not harvest phone numbers from people who login with facebook.

Well, Gee, thats interesting... seeing as how the "other unrelated site" happens to have jagged the same corporate colours, almost identical fonts, similar data base with the same "hits".

http://reversephones.com.au/

But no worries, I belive you, its just that paranoia of mine acting up again...

Hmmm... I see you are banned... Bummer dude. I'm still willing to bet you'll pop up in another form tho... Happy Trolling

AB
8th July 2011, 12:47 PM
Just for the record. Your email address and any personal information that some of you have sent me in regards to t-shirt delivery will never be distributed to any 3rd parties....EVER!

Just thought I would let you all know...lol

Also, PM's are a private message to the recipient and cannot be found by anyone else. I may personally be able to if I knew how to but I cannot be bothered seeing what people are writing to each other nor do I care or have time...lol

the evil twin
8th July 2011, 01:02 PM
Never in doubt AB, never in doubt...

The SMF software backdoor was a real clanger when it finally leaked.

For what its worth I don't know of anything with this Forum software but if I catch you with my Grannies secret Fruit Cake recipe you better look out.... Hehehehehe

AB
8th July 2011, 01:10 PM
Never in doubt AB, never in doubt...

The SMF software backdoor was a real clanger when it finally leaked.

For what its worth I don't know of anything with this Forum software but if I catch you with my Grannies secret Fruit Cake recipe you better look out.... Hehehehehe

It's just Vbulletin version 4 which is arguably the best forum software on the market. Sometimes It's better to come into the market later on with the latest software.

Just like when colour TV's hit Australia...lol

fixer982
8th July 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, Gee, thats interesting... seeing as how the "other unrelated site" happens to have jagged the same corporate colours, almost identical fonts, similar data base with the same "hits".

http://reversephones.com.au/

But no worries, I belive you, its just that paranoia of mine acting up again...

Hmmm... I see you are banned... Bummer dude. I'm still willing to bet you'll pop up in another form tho... Happy Trolling

Creepy isn't it.