PDA

View Full Version : Brake Proportioning Valve Bracket

The Survivalists
21st July 2020, 12:48 PM
Gday again.

I’ve just bought a brake proportioning valve bracket kit from Roadrunner Offroad to offset the raising of the brake valve bias now I’ve got a 2” lift in.

The bracket has two offsets - One set of holes for a 50mm lift (2”) and one for 70mm lift (3”).

Can i “SAFELY” (haha) use the 3”/70mm holes having a 2” lift so that it adds a bit more braking to the rear brakes (as I know the rears don’t do much work apparently from reading up on them)?

mudski
21st July 2020, 01:26 PM
bolt it up and try it. Stock Patrol brakes a shit regardless. Worst will happen is you will lock the rears up in the wet and fish tail down the road into oncoming traffic.

Fireblade
21st July 2020, 01:39 PM
i put a bracket on my patrol and the brakes started to squeak, so i ended up not using it.

mudski
21st July 2020, 01:54 PM
i put a bracket on my patrol and the brakes started to squeak, so i ended up not using it.

Did you bleed your brakes after installing the bracket?

BillsGU
21st July 2020, 02:42 PM
Did you bleed your brakes after installing the bracket?

When you bleed your brakes don't forget to bleed the proportioning valve (bleed nipple can be a bugger to get at, especially if the car is not on a hoist). Many people (and mechanics) don't - and this adds to the crappy brake effect, plus the valve builds up moisture and crud over a period of time and does not work correctly or sometimes - doesn't work at all.

The Survivalists
21st July 2020, 03:45 PM
It’s a TB42s. They don’t go fast enough to fishtail into oncoming traffic and lock brakes 🤣 Need a km long run up to get to 80kph, using all of those 40rwkw 😎 Mind you i can totally drag off forklifts and tractors easily.

mudski
21st July 2020, 05:11 PM
When you bleed your brakes don't forget to bleed the proportioning valve (bleed nipple can be a bugger to get at, especially if the car is not on a hoist). Many people (and mechanics) don't - and this adds to the crappy brake effect, plus the valve builds up moisture and crud over a period of time and does not work correctly or sometimes - doesn't work at all.

And that too. Bleed that before bleeding the rear calipers aswell.

Fireblade
22nd July 2020, 09:14 AM
i didn't do that, so the bleed order is to to the brake valve first then the 4 calipers.
i learn something new every day