PDA

View Full Version : Limp Mode after installing HPD intercooler

Mc4by
11th July 2020, 06:11 PM
2002 GU3 Di - never had limp mode now after installing an HPD intercooler I hit limp under hard acceleration.
The easy answer is don't accelerate hard... but do I need to adjust my Dawes set up to accommodate the HPD.
I have a 3 inch exhaust and everything else is stock.
TIA

mudski
11th July 2020, 11:01 PM
Are you running a needle valve aswell?
Also for what its worth. Buy the HPD MAF housing. Say good bye to limp mode for ever. After i installed that on my Di, i had the boost maxing of a 30psi gauge and it still would go into limp mode.

Mc4by
12th July 2020, 12:00 AM
Are you running a needle valve aswell?
Also for what its worth. Buy the HPD MAF housing. Say good bye to limp mode for ever. After i installed that on my Di, i had the boost maxing of a 30psi gauge and it still would go into limp mode.

I am running the needle valve #mudski
I notice my previous high of 16 is now 18 psi.

mudski
12th July 2020, 12:09 AM
I am running the needle valve #mudski
I notice my previous high of 16 is now 18 psi.

You probably had a slight leak in the old IC maybe. Try opening the needle valve just a touch. By a touch I mean an 1/8th of a turn at a time. If your boost starts to rise too slow put it back and lower the max boost from the Dawes. You may have to open the needle valve up anyway if you readjust the Dawes as the two valves are relative and should be adjusted together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mc4by
12th July 2020, 12:14 AM
I will have a play tomorrow with the settings.
Many thanks for the place to look. I thought it was an airleak and redid all the pipes 2x
:(

Mc4by
15th July 2020, 04:40 PM
Well egg on my face....
After re-tightening the hoses over and over. After playing with the dawes and needle....
I find a blanking bolt missing from the intercooler.....problem solved.