PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone, appreciate the ability to sponge of the wealth of knowledge available

MickMc
9th July 2020, 01:05 AM
I recently found a 1992 GQ Y60 ute sitting in a paddock on a friends farm, I have since acquired it for my 15 year old son for a very fair price ($0). It is actually a good running car with no rust and we are now in the process of removing the LPG, pulling the motor out (TB42) and fixing the many oil leaks and generally getting it roadworthy for him to learn to drive. He has been on endless camping and 4WD trips including a 6 week trip to Cape York so he is pretty pumped about getting it sorted. I must admit I am looking forward to us both working on it together and getting it finished for him (not sure they are ever finished). I'm pretty good with cars but the Patrol is new to me so thanks in advance for any help and advice along the way.

Dhuck
9th July 2020, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

mudnut
9th July 2020, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Is the engine a TB42 or RB30? Check the rear spring mounts to see if they are stretched or cracking the welds at the chassis. It is a known weak point on Patrols, and there are kits availabLe to rectify or prevent the problem.

AB
9th July 2020, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickMc
10th July 2020, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the Tip, I will check it out.

threedogs
10th July 2020, 10:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum enjoy
sounds like a great find and even better project