PDA

View Full Version : Hmm starting to like it here on the dark side

ghostrider_oz
4th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Yep so I am still coming to terms with the fact that earlier this year I came over to the darkside in a big way, not only did I become a "http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/2.jpg" driver I was a http://icons.mysitemyway.com/wp-content/gallery/rounded-glossy-black-icons-transport-travel/thumbs/thumbs_040652-rounded-glossy-black-icon-transport-travel-tractor3.png driver too,

But after many years driving real vehicle, you know Toyota's,

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287/ghostrider_oz/100_2353a.jpg

that ran on "normal" fuel not this diesel stuff I really am enjoying then Patrol.

So the good bits - 1998 GU Mk1 Patrol - 2.8lt Turbo Diesel - bog standard well if you count what the mates and I think is a two inch lift and a TJM winch bar. Standard Patrol rims which I recently slapped a set of 275/70R16 Silverstone AT's on.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m287/ghostrider_oz/IMAG0173.jpg

I just realised this I don't have that many pictures of the beast but then I was never really good at taking photos. This was taken just before heading north for Easter at Ulverstone unfortunately thats not my camper trailer but one day.

A few little problems top sort out over the next six or so months, like no clear coat left on the bonnet, a couple of the black "flares" coming away from doors etc, need to install the second radio (already got the UHF in), relocate the antenna bracket on the bullbar, wire up the driving lights.

I would really like a full cage for the roof, which would involve the wiring of a whole lot more lighting. But with the recent retirement of my smoking habit hopefully I can finance it before the end of the year (either that or tattslotto could ring me).

At the moment just learning about the vehicle hoping to get some ideas for improvements on the forum, I have to admit this is the first time on a make specific forum so not sure what to expect.

So be nice to a poor old Tassie Boy that is still not sure if the dark side is really all that bad. http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad359/liisaful/darth_vader.gif

big_fletch
4th July 2011, 10:06 PM
Nice troll mate, and good to see you have come over to join the Better side lol

Fletcha

patch697
4th July 2011, 10:10 PM
G/day & welcome aboard

Well what a post for an intro mate & you wont need much convincing you made the right move to a Patrol mate it'll do that for ya.
Your in good hands here mate, we got loads of info & a bloody great bunch of members who'll help you out when needed.

We don't mind a chin wag either so feel free to join in & I hope you injoy the forum....

Cheers
Paul

Woof
4th July 2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy.................so good to see that you have joined the "Light Side".....may the FORCE be with you http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

DX grunt
4th July 2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome Tassie Boy.

Great to have you here. Love the pics, too.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Finly Owner
4th July 2011, 10:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Silver
4th July 2011, 10:22 PM
G'day mate, have fun here :-)

Bigrig
4th July 2011, 10:27 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Glad you finally came to your senses and joined us!!!! LOL

Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so don't be shy and feel free to join in and make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

GUtsy ute
4th July 2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome mate,

Thanks for the intro and pics.
Nice looking rig, glad to hear you are enjoying it.
Plenty of info on here and feel free to share any tips or suggestions you may have.
Looking foward to hearing more about you and your Patrol.

Cheers

nowoolies
5th July 2011, 05:40 AM
g`day mate from the north island
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Dhuck
5th July 2011, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
5th July 2011, 08:28 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bob
5th July 2011, 08:44 AM
Welcome Mate. Join in and enjoy

AB
5th July 2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, you won't be dissapointed!

Sir Roofy
5th July 2011, 10:22 AM
Welcome aboard tassie boy enjoy your stay

growler2058
5th July 2011, 01:29 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard good to hear you've upgraded to a proper 4b

Dark 1
5th July 2011, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the patrol community, have a poke around & join in when your ready.

Clunk
7th July 2011, 12:28 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard the light side

ghostrider_oz
7th July 2011, 09:11 PM
I have to say this has to have been the best welcome I have ever had from any forum 4WD or otherwise

Thanks for the welcome guys - I am truely looking forward to hanging around for a while.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Bigrig
7th July 2011, 09:17 PM
I have to say this has to have been the best welcome I have ever had from any forum 4WD or otherwise

Thanks for the welcome guys - I am truely looking forward to hanging around for a while.

Glad to hear it boss!! It's coz we've got no friends!!! LMFAO!!

You'll have to organise to get along to a trip in your area (where are you based again?), as they are proving to be one exceptional trip after another with a top bunch of people!!

fixer982
7th July 2011, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forum, mate. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. Lots of fun and practical info here.

patch697
7th July 2011, 11:17 PM

Yeah where not a bad bunch......lol

Glad your enjoying the forum & by all means join in mate.... all's welcome & there's no clicky club mentality here.....

"WHAT" I hear you say????....

Yep none.... There's a heap here that know each other pretty well but as I said "EVERYONE'S" welcome to join in.

Well I hope to see you on here so we can catch up for a chin wag.

Cheers
Paul

Clunk
7th July 2011, 11:26 PM
Well I hope to see you on her so we can catch up for a chin wag.

Cheers
Paul

Who's HER Paul???? hahahaha

patch697
7th July 2011, 11:32 PM
Who's HER Paul???? hahahaha

hahahahaha..............Cheers Adrian,,,,Your a good Mummy......LMFAO

Clunk
7th July 2011, 11:43 PM
hahahahaha..............Cheers Adrian,,,,Your a good Mummy......LMFAO

no probs mate, glad I can help !!!!!!! PML

timbar
8th July 2011, 08:39 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

Great Pics and a good read mate welcome to the Land of Nissan

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim