PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Nut Torques - Alloy Wheels - GU ST 2011

eagle 202
3rd July 2011, 10:10 AM
Morning All from Eagle 202,
A new Patrol this time after a couple of Cruisers. Had good times with an MQ swb Patrol some years ago and then went to the 'dark' side. Have now returned to the fold - so to speak.
Interested in wheel nut torques for alloy rims - OM does not give any guidance apart from one setting of 133 N.m (98 ft.lb). My experience indicates alloy rims are sensitive to over-tightened wheel nuts. Thoughts/comments?
Have a good day!

growler2058
3rd July 2011, 11:08 AM
G'day mate welcome Aboard they're a good mob here full of useful info and advice

MudRunnerTD
3rd July 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Eagle,

Welcome to the forum mate,

Best bet is to keep a good eye on the wheel nuts on the Nissan wheels as they have a tendancy to come undone, Nissan has supplied a set of indicators for loose wheel nuts to "Fix" this problem.....Not. cant say i have bothered to chase a set of these indicators as i just keep an eye on the nuts.

To be honest i have swapped the Alloys out for some 16" steelies and the problem is solved.

Hang around mate there is plenty of good info here.

AB
3rd July 2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, a lot of members don't read the introductions so if you don't get the answers you need then you may need to ask them in another category.

Enjoy the forum!

timbar
3rd July 2011, 02:28 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

YNOT
3rd July 2011, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

If your owners manual states 133Nm then that's what I would go with.
Early GU workshop manual states 118-147Nm, no specific setting for alloy wheels.
Make sure the mounting faces on the wheels and hubs are clean and the wheel studs threads are clean and lightly lubricated.

As said above in post #3 you can get wheel nut indicators from Nissan (nice little chrome ones with Nissan badges on them, not the ugly yellow ones you see on trucks) that you can fit and keep an eye on for peace of mind.
My GUIII is also due for the wheel nut recall but with 2 sets of wheels it would be pointless getting it done, I regularly check my wheel nuts with a wheel brace instead.

Tony

patch697
4th July 2011, 12:16 AM
Welcome aboard & I hope you enjoy the forum.

snicko
4th July 2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome aboard mate.

I have a set of the nissan wheel nut indicators. The last time I had the wheels rotated I checked them a week later and noticed three had moved!!!

Took the GU back and they re tightened them !! So for me they work.

Snicko

Maxhead
4th July 2011, 10:35 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
4th July 2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

eagle 202
8th July 2011, 09:40 PM
Many thanks from Eagle 202 re wheel nut torques. Will keep an eye on these.
Have had wheels depart the vehicle following 'dodgy' servicing - someone forgot to tighten the nuts. My rule now is 'Check nuts if someone else has had the wheels off'. Have had cases of 'loose' nuts and grossly over-tightened ones (tends to stuff the stud thread). Those rattle guns may be quick but if not set correctly......
Regards

johnonline1
23rd February 2018, 10:35 AM
Hi All
l have a 2015 y61 patrol with alloy wheels, the owner manual states 97 foot-pounds of torque, hope this helps...

4bye4
27th February 2018, 11:30 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

TimE
27th February 2018, 11:34 AM
https://youtu.be/Kj4rSRbA67A

Evo
27th February 2018, 01:32 PM
G'day and welcome