PDA

View Full Version : Happy 10th birthday - nissanpatrol.com.au

DX grunt
18th June 2020, 06:59 PM
Well AB A lot of water has passed under the bridge since conception (lol).

Ten whole years has passed since you got this Forum up and running.

You've done a superbly marvelous job to get the Forum to where it is today. So, thank you.

I'm almost tempted to start the footy betting between us AGAIN, but the damn COVID -19, and Clunk, has put a dampener on it! Clunk STILL has THE PIC of me washing my ute, hidden in his archives, and brings it out at the most inappropriate times. PML.

Love you too Plasnart and the other peeps that form part of 'the dirty dozen crew'. lol

Take care and drive safely.

Rossco
aka DX grunt

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 07:22 PM
I was just lucky to have cracked the shits with that other mob mid 2010 and then found this one just after it started up. No comparison between the two!! I was hooked very soon after I joined here. A family friendly, member friendly, no personal attack forum led and directed so well by our great mate AB. Some amazing friendships made through here like no other forum I've been on. The AB/MB family are amazing.

DX grunt
18th June 2020, 07:33 PM
I want a group hug emoji. None of this social distancing group hug emoji crap. lol

Maxhead
18th June 2020, 07:45 PM
The dirty dozen...lol
You blokes are part of the furniture around here now[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX grunt
18th June 2020, 07:49 PM
I was just lucky to have cracked the shits with that other mob mid 2010 and then found this one just after it started up. No comparison between the two!! I was hooked very soon after I joined here. A family friendly, member friendly, no personal attack forum led and directed so well by our great mate AB. Some amazing friendships made through here like no other forum I've been on. The AB/MB family are amazing.

I couldn't remember your name, you've changed it that many times, NISSPAT. lol You're part of the original crew, too Maxhead !

Maxhead
18th June 2020, 07:52 PM
I couldn't remember your name, you've changed it that many times, NISSPAT. lol You're part of the original crew, too Maxhead !

Yeah me and Plassy joined on the same day and are 1 member number apart.22/06/10
Wonder what other original dirty dozen are up to

Got to ask, what happend to your post count Plasnart ? It’s missing about ten thousand...lol

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 07:55 PM
I dont think the dirty dozen's fair these days to be honest. AB kicked it off and there were of course some people who joined up before others. The dirty dozen was a bit of a gag early in the days but honestly, if you checked the intelligence input of the first dozen members over the last 10 years....err, nup not stacking up. This forum is great in spite of its fiirst "dirty dozen"!

But great memories Rossco!!

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 08:00 PM
Yeah me and Plassy joined on the same day and are 1 member number apart.22/06/10

Got to ask, what happend to your post count Plasnart ? It’s missing about ten thousand...lol

Yeah krisso i dropped about 6k posts a few months ago. Not sure why but wish it was kilos not posts! Haha. Don't know why but seeing as I'm not a post whore I don't really care.

Maxhead
18th June 2020, 08:02 PM
Yeah krisso i dropped about 6k posts a few months ago. Not sure why but wish it was kilos not posts! Haha. Don't know why but seeing as I'm not a post whore I don't really care.

Bloody AB has been tinkering again...lol

rusty_nail
18th June 2020, 08:06 PM

ten thousand dribbles? lol

youve been abit shy lately bud at least the bread maker shaker still has a patrol =P how did you go getting back your big red bus?

and congrats AB i love this place, the best social media going round with a bloody awesome bunch of guys on it to boot. thanks to you all for being part of my life for the last 8 years!

Maxhead
18th June 2020, 08:11 PM
ten thousand dribbles? lol

youve been abit shy lately bud at least the bread maker shaker still has a patrol =P how did you go getting back your big red bus?

Mate, I’d love to buy it back mate but he won’t sell it back. I haven’t given up yet though...lol

Yeah I’m not here so much lately, just been busy with life mate....it just doesn’t slow down atm.
I’m building a big shed up in the hills so I can deck it out then I’ll get a bit of peace and quite when I move out there[emoji1]

DX grunt
18th June 2020, 08:15 PM
I dont think the dirty dozen's fair these days to be honest. AB kicked it off and there were of course some people who joined up before others. The dirty dozen was a bit of a gag early in the days but honestly, if you checked the intelligence input of the first dozen members over the last 10 years....err, nup not stacking up. This forum is great in spite of its fiirst "dirty dozen"!

But great memories Rossco!!
Plasnart Agree. Lots of good people and good stuff from then until now. Just remembering back to when it all first started.

No disrespect to anybody or their valued contribution on the Forum.

rusty_nail
18th June 2020, 08:16 PM
Mate, I’d love to buy it back mate but he won’t sell it back. I haven’t given up yet though...lol

Yeah I’m not here so much lately, just been busy with life mate....it just doesn’t slow down atm.
I’m building a big shed up in the hills so I can deck it out then I’ll get a bit of peace and quite when I move out there[emoji1]

thats bloody awesome mate. your property has so much potential so congrats on the progress! im assuming all paved driveways and grand arches etc? its been a long time between yarns hey im pretty sure i blew you off last time we spoke. but seriously without this forum how would a cultured person like myself and a redneck hillbilly like yourself have ever come onto contact and be called "mates". AB has made a special place here haha

DX grunt
18th June 2020, 08:18 PM
Still haven't been to 'Church' in Victoria yet. I will get there! @AB

rusty_nail
18th June 2020, 08:21 PM
@ Plasnart Agree. Lots of good people and good stuff from then until now. Just remembering back to when it all first started.

fyi i was gonna call you to say gdayt after my berating message but yeah my ISP have broken my bloody home phone so will have to call you another time.

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 08:34 PM
@ Plasnart Agree. Lots of good people and good stuff from then until now. Just remembering back to when it all first started.

It was all very exciting back 10 years ago eh? The posts even a month earlier getting this place underway are great reading too! Bloody AB, MB, Timbo talking between themselves under different names.

But ask yourself, have you ever push started a cargo ship? Well bloody done boys!

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 08:41 PM
Still haven't been to 'Church' in Victoria yet. I will get there! @AB

Being a bloody Victorian-by-birth you better get back here one day to visit the church Rossco. You can't just declare your love for hot weather and never visit your roots again! She's not cold here in the summer mate. One day we need to meet, after 10 years of banter. :D

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 08:43 PM
fyi i was gonna call you to say gdayt after my berating message but yeah my ISP have broken my bloody home phone so will have to call you another time.

I'll PM you Rossco's details mate.

rusty_nail
18th June 2020, 08:54 PM
I'll PM you Rossco's details mate.

was meant ot be quoting pissheads no mate lol. dunno how i buggered that up

TPC
18th June 2020, 09:19 PM
I feel like an intruder in this conversation, didnt start until 2012.

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 09:33 PM

Bullshit. Don't make this a colonial argument.

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 09:43 PM

Yep that came out very much harder than it was meant, sorry Tone. I'm pretty particular not to be projected as someone superior or in a superior position. Bloody hell didnt want this.

TPC
18th June 2020, 10:01 PM

Bloody he'll, I thought we were mates. Harsh.

Plasnart
18th June 2020, 10:05 PM
Bloody he'll, I thought we were mates. Harsh.

Yep that was meant to be a current affair sly joke that didn't come off. My bad and you have a PM about it. Just a misjudged joke that didn't fire mate.

TPC
18th June 2020, 10:07 PM
Was funny mate

mudnut
18th June 2020, 10:07 PM
Bloody great forum, @AB. I've met some top people since finding this place.

DX grunt
19th June 2020, 08:41 AM

TPC You're not an intruder. I feel like I'm post b0mbing coz I'm now a small business owner with very little time and haven't really posted for over 2 years. lol.

Keep up the good work. I guess I was a bit Forum homesick last night. lol.

the evil twin
19th June 2020, 12:49 PM
I wasn't sure whether to sign up or not until it was pointed out to me that those poor bloody Vics needed all the help they could get...:210:

TimE
19th June 2020, 01:00 PM
Happy Birthday the Forum. Boy those 10 years flew by, seems I must be one of the early joiners of the forum. Still have the same GU IV 4.2, I had when I joined :toot: :first:

the evil twin
19th June 2020, 01:03 PM
Remember the "border wars" back in the early days to see which state would have the dubious honour of the most members :-)

MudRunnerTD
19th June 2020, 01:29 PM

Beat me by 3 days..... I dont even like this place.......

MudRunnerTD
19th June 2020, 01:31 PM
Happy Birthday the Forum. Boy those 10 years flew by, seems I must be one of the early joiners of the forum. Still have the same GU IV 4.2, I had when I joined :toot: :first:

Hahaha!! Me Too!! Its a Keeper! Pretty New Paint though!!

MudRunnerTD
19th June 2020, 01:32 PM

You will Never be Old Guard!! Bhahahaha

AB
19th June 2020, 03:36 PM
Thanks gents, 10 years, WOW!!

A lot has changed since then, thanks for the kind words and lets bring on another 10 I say!

jack
19th June 2020, 03:48 PM

Some of the best members didn’t start till 2012 Tony, I could say that we raised the bar but that would be rude. :animierte-smilies-t

AB
19th June 2020, 07:54 PM
Some of the best members didn’t start till 2012 Tony, I could say that we raised the bar but that would be rude. :animierte-smilies-t

I think I started around that time too lol

Avo
19th June 2020, 08:31 PM
Still haven't been to 'Church' in Victoria yet. I will get there! @ABGravel driveways are such a bitch aye

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Cremulator
19th June 2020, 08:33 PM
I haven't been here long, but it's a great forum and there's no hiding the comradery.
I've been on other forums in the past and there have always been a few bad eggs continuously sturring up trouble.
It's nice that this place is so welcoming and supportive online, but what's really great is meeting a few members in person and they are above and beyond than that!
Truely a great network, online and off.
[emoji106]
Hats off to you AB & Co.

mudski
19th June 2020, 09:51 PM
I haven't been here long, but it's a great forum and there's no hiding the comradery.
I've been on other forums in the past and there have always been a few bad eggs continuously sturring up trouble.
It's nice that this place is so welcoming and supportive online, but what's really great is meeting a few members in person and they are above and beyond than that!
Truely a great network, online and off.
[emoji106]
Hats off to you AB & Co.

Yeah bloody good forum mate. Maybe you need to make the trek to Licola. We don’t bite.

pearcey
20th June 2020, 09:48 AM
Been a member since 2011. First meet up with any members was in 2016 in WA of all places, had even changed vehicles to an other brand. Just happened that AB and MB happened to be there. Since that first meeting face to face it`s heightened how friendly and close this forum is. Been to a couple of gatherings and it`s gratifying to an old bloke like me that the arms , fire and booze make you so welcome. also have meet a couple of folks (members from overseas)
Thanks folks for the past and the future good times.

Woof
20th June 2020, 09:52 PM
Happy Birthday Nissanpatrol.com.au,
I still remember getting a message from some feral that was from Victoria that had just started the forum when I was VP of the Westernpatrolclub.com
Thought that I would give it a whirl and see what it was all about and joined on 03/Jun/2010
Back then it was just a few of us but now it has grown so much and is a credit to AB and all of the members here today
Sadly due to health issues I do not own a Patrol any more after owning 5 of them
Still with Nisan only a smaller version, a Navara
Never been much for posting, more just lurking
Was going to say a bit more but starting to get confused
BIG thanks to all members for making this forum for what it is now:cheers::cheers:

PS thanks to Avo for letting me know about our Birthday as I missed it completely

rusty_nail
20th June 2020, 09:55 PM
Never been much for posting, more just lurking

dont you mean being effing up spammers and occasionally people with mistaken identities? <3 good having you here plz dont ban me

the evil twin
20th June 2020, 11:08 PM
snip...
I still remember getting a message from some feral that was from Victoria that had just started the forum when I was VP of the Westernpatrolclub.com
Thought that I would give it a whirl and see what it was all about and joined on 03/Jun/2010

Jeez thats a scary coincidence... I got told by some feral V.P. of the westernpatrolclub.com about a forum that had just started and signed up that day as well.

You might of known him, I'll try and remember his name.:devilred:

Sprock
20th June 2020, 11:37 PM
Hey yeah grouse forum & grouse bunch of blokes on here - oh & AB is here aswell 🤪 met some top people & shared a few jagërs with em - my crowning glory will always be having the honour of giving Sir Roofy his 1st Jagër Bomb - what a moment that was , anyhoo hope to see as many as possible at Licola 🤙🏻

Avo
20th June 2020, 11:38 PM
Jeez thats a scary coincidence... I got told by some feral V.P. of the westernpatrolclub.com about a forum that had just started and signed up that day as well.

You might of known him, I'll try and remember his name.:devilred:Starting to sound like a bakers dozen you mob

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Sprock
21st June 2020, 11:16 AM
Up until recently I’ve been carting out of Dargo - when I drive up there I often fondly remember the conversation I had with my missus on the way up there to the 1st ever meet I did with you guys - “ I’ll go easy on the 1st night till I get to know the crowd , I don’t want to have a massive night 1st up & upset anyone - I don’t really know what they’re like “ . Well that night I tipped Jagër bombs into everyone , got fairly drunk , ended up half half naked singing around the fire , sat on AB s dog & other shenanigans. Woke in the morning to see the table covered in stubbies & bulk red bull cans . The missus said “ what happened to taking it easy on the 1st night ?!?! “ to which I replied “ I did “ haha good times .

Cuppa
21st June 2020, 11:50 AM
I didn't realise that my joining the forum had been during it's first year. It seemed so well established already back then. AB built it on the right foundations to create an enduring community.Thanks mate. And on that note, it's pretty clear that a lot has changed for you & that life has intruded into your forum community time, but I hope the forum & your good self will still be here in another 10 years time.

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2020, 10:00 PM
Up until recently I’ve been carting out of Dargo - when I drive up there I often fondly remember the conversation I had with my missus on the way up there to the 1st ever meet I did with you guys - “ I’ll go easy on the 1st night till I get to know the crowd , I don’t want to have a massive night 1st up & upset anyone - I don’t really know what they’re like “ . Well that night I tipped Jagër bombs into everyone , got fairly drunk , ended up half half naked singing around the fire , sat on AB s dog & other shenanigans. Woke in the morning to see the table covered in stubbies & bulk red bull cans . The missus said “ what happened to taking it easy on the 1st night ?!?! “ to which I replied “ I did “ haha good times .

Hahahaha. We should have Banned you then. Jagers have become a Normal Life Function. You are an Animal. Can't wait for the next one mate !!!

TPC
21st June 2020, 10:48 PM

The last get together at Marks place you even convinced me to try a Jagër bomb and I dont do that shit.

mudski
21st June 2020, 10:53 PM

Ahh that was Dargo Cup Weekend maybe four years ago? That was one fun weekend. A wet weekend but bloody hell. Sooooo good. We need to do another Dargo trip.

pearcey
22nd June 2020, 09:28 AM
The last get together at Marks place you even convinced me to try a Jagër bomb and I dont do that shit.

He`s still trying to get me to do one . Yes I`m a pizz head but chucking down a bomb is not for me.
He might catch me on a very weak moment but hasn`t done yet LMAO.

Sprock
22nd June 2020, 11:36 AM
Hahahhaa pearcey I was going to mention in there that I havnt got 1 into you - YET 🤣 yeah Darren it was the beginning of a tradition haha , yep mudski that was it - was wet as a shag but still a grouse weekend , MB cooking skewers under our improvised homemade marque setup 👍🏻

Sprock
22nd June 2020, 11:37 AM
Peer group pressure TPC

jack
22nd June 2020, 01:19 PM
Peer group pressure TPC

Worked for me, no way was I going to try one.