PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser Issue?

TheFlyingBadger
18th June 2020, 01:15 PM
My ute (2004 TD42 w/after market immobiliser) is being a PITA.

When i turn on the key, i get all the lights I expect (if the immobiliser's doing it's magic i don't get the glow plugs etc) - but when i turn the key to start everything turns off. I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue as i've got 13V at the battery.

I'm baffled as to what's going on....

Full disclosure - the ute *may* have gotten a little damp the last time it was playing out.... this probably opens up the possible issues to include starter motor related stuff - but would that just cause the dash lights to turn off ?

PeeBee
18th June 2020, 03:10 PM
Check your fuse block for moisture or a blown engine mangt fuse oe even dislodged one. Check your earth connections and also if you have a trailer plug connected that is full of mud - basically, the search begins.

TheFlyingBadger
19th June 2020, 04:45 PM
Check your fuse block for moisture or a blown engine mangt fuse oe even dislodged one. Check your earth connections and also if you have a trailer plug connected that is full of mud - basically, the search begins.

Joy......

:|

PeeBee
19th June 2020, 05:06 PM
What was it?

BillsGU
19th June 2020, 05:11 PM
Clean your battery connectors.

DX grunt
20th June 2020, 08:51 AM
My ute (2004 TD42 w/after market immobiliser) is being a PITA.

I'm baffled as to what's going on....

TheFlyingBadger With my knowledge of vehicles, you've answered your own question....it's the baffles. lol.

How's it going?

pollenface
20th June 2020, 09:09 AM
Clean your battery connectors.

+1

Sounds like loose/dirty connections

mudnut
20th June 2020, 06:20 PM
If all else fails, look for damage caused by rodents. I've had a vehicle do strange things after rats had chewed some cables together.

TheFlyingBadger
8th July 2020, 04:21 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the wife was right. It's the starter motor... *apparently* i'm not meant to drive it through puddles deep enough to cause the rear pod to flood...