PDA

View Full Version : ABS warning lights stuck on after using rear diff locker and driving off-road

denk82
13th June 2020, 07:33 PM
Hi guys. Ive searched the forum and thought Id post my issue (latest issue!!). Was off-road last weekend doing some easy to easy/moderate tracks and I used my rear locker a few times and noticed late in the day after using it, my ABS lights are on and not turning off. Ive checked the ABS connections on all the wheels and appear fine. There was some slight debris/twigs near the sensor on the back of the brake rotor but there was not a lot at all and just brushed away.

Brakes feel fine when braking, fluid levels are ok.

Where else should I be looking?

the evil twin
14th June 2020, 03:52 PM
Check your trailer plug and loom for damage (if you have one)

Check your brake lights for illumination.

Check your fuse panel for blown fuses (esp any to do with ABS, Brakes, etc).

Does the cruise control still work?

denk82
14th June 2020, 04:23 PM
Check your trailer plug and loom for damage (if you have one)

Check your brake lights for illumination.

Check your fuse panel for blown fuses (esp any to do with ABS, Brakes, etc).

Does the cruise control still work?
Yeah i have brake lights, plug seems ok and loom. No blown fuses and yeah cruise control is working fine.

altech
26th June 2020, 09:43 AM
Maybe disconnected the battery for 10 mins or more , it might reset it all

denk82
2nd July 2020, 09:47 PM
Maybe disconnected the battery for 10 mins or more , it might reset it all

Tried that straight away but nothing... however... after a detailed inspection underneath i inspected all sensor wires and found the rear left cut clean through which i didnt notice the first time underneath. id say a stick got caught up on the drive out bush and just got lodged in the exact spot that hit the wire and cut it. just picked up a new one from a wrecker for $50.