PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone mount

pollenface
13th June 2020, 01:37 AM
Can anyone suggest a sturdy phone mount that can withstand the riggors of off-roading?

Has anyone used those magnetic ones? I always thought magnets were bad for electronics.

Winnie
13th June 2020, 07:52 AM
I use a windscreen mount Quad Lock.
It is rock solid on the windscreen and has never fallen off.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Cuppa
13th June 2020, 11:31 AM
I decided I didn't want to look at my phone whilst driving, but did want a solid/secure mount for the phone. After Winnie alerted me to Quadlock gear I bought a pair of their adhesive wall mounts, & a corresponding 'female' mount to stick on the back of my phone case. This was the cheapest Quadlock option & I have been very pleased with it. Phone sits on the ute cab rear window, out of the sun, out of my line of vision & very secure. I cannot turn to reach it without first stopping the car, but my wife can check it from the passenger seat. If I choose I can run a charging cable to it. Obviously no good for visuals on a navigation app, but we have the Hema HX1 for that, & have just bought the Exploroz Traveller app for the ipad (which is looking really good). Besides the phone is too small for me to use it as a navigator without first putting glasses on.

If I ever decide to get a 'charging' type mount - it'll be Quadlock for sure.